Remembering some guys through Puckdoku

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 336 - 7/9:

209 Uniqueness
🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩

Of course, nothing can get me a low score with Vegas on the board... I thought Michael Hutchinson would have gotten at least one game with them, but of course he didn't... :skeptic:

Also messed up on TBL/WSH, I keep forgetting that Taormina and Urbom played for each of these teams and the Devils, but not both :banghead:

Screenshot 2024-06-01 154927.png

I'm obviously not the biggest Vegas expert...

View attachment 878212
Finally caught on to the Toms train, huh? :P

• Love
Reactions: DitchMarner

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 337 - 9/9🏆:

2 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

This is one of those games where I am actually quite disappointed I didn't get a 0.0% :cry:

It's also one of those games where my score might come down later....

Screenshot (402).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 339 - 9/9🏆:

9 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Eh, this is alright considering the bottom row category... :help:

Screenshot 2024-06-04 095539.png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 340 - 5/9:

403 Uniqueness
🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :biglaugh::banghead:

Well, this was a trip and a half! Olympic medals? Crap. Vezina? Crap! HHOF???? OH COME ON.

[DET/HHOF] Roger Crozier - you know, for a guy who won Calder, Conn Smythe, and (I thought?) the Vezina, you would think he'd be in the HHOF...

[CHI/Olymp. Gold] Petri Kontiola - was on the '18 Finns, not the '22 Finns! :pullhair::pullhair:

[CHI/Olymp. Gold] Gave this one another go and guessed Bondra - .......... forgot he's Slovakian........... :facepalm::biglaugh:

[CHI/BUF] And the cherry on top... Robert Dirk did not play for BUF... must be thinking of a different Dman...

Screenshot (404).png

• Wow

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
1717598892067.png

Bah, incorrectly guessed Kim Johnsson for CHI+gold medal. And then I forgot that rule that they had to win the Vezina while as a member of that team, so I put in Grant Fuhr who won it as an Oiler.

I forgot that Nikolai Khabibulin would have worked for CHI+gold medal. Khabibulin won in 1992 as the young third string goalie. Infamously long time Russian coach Viktor Tikhonov took Khabibulin's medal (coaches don't receive medals). Khabibulin was bitter about that and had others issues with the old guard which led to him to sit out the 1998 Olympics. The IOC eventually presented Khabibulin with a replacement medal at the 2002 Olympics.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
LMAO... I sucked today. This has to be my worst score ever... absolute ass.

1717684624259.png

1. I thought Scott Pellerin played for ATL (it was MIN).
2. I originally selected Shane MacEachern (who the hell is that?!) instead of Shawn McEachern for the WPG/OTT square.
3. I chose Warrener for the wrong square; didn't realize I had my cursor on the BUF/one team square.

• Haha
Reactions: kvladimir

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 341 - 9/9🏆:

2 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Crookshank (Langley Rivermen legend!) has such a great name, but I can't think of a good pun for him today, hopefully I get the chance to pick him again in future?

This was pretty good... glad I remembered Vigneault, I was not sure Sejna or Cajanek only played for STL (they did), and couldn't think of others except totally obvious current STL players (like Kyrou :P)

Screenshot (405).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 342 - 7/9:

202 Uniqueness
⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Getting to do the MacInnis/McInnis combo almost makes me forget how terrible this game was...

Speaking of which...

Screenshot (407).png
Screenshot 407.png

Screenshot (408).png

Screenshot 408.png

:biglaugh::cry::banghead:

Screenshot (406).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 343 - 9/9🏆:

25 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Well, they certainly made a good score absolutely, totally impossible today... :laugh:

Ugh, I was close to picking Lalime instead of Niemi for PIT/CHI G, but I wasn't 100% sure Lalime played for CHI... Also just straight up forgot about Gerber and Giguere for CAR/TOR G :facepalm:

Screenshot (409).png

• Love

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 344 - 8/9:

101 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩

Ugggh, another one I blew on the last pick, should have been a 0 game. Oddly, I always thought of Mattias Weinhandl as a top-6 guy who just only played in the NHL for a few years - turns out he never even got a 10 goal season, and only had 19 overall... :eyeroll:

Screenshot (410).png

Puckdoku Doku Jr - 14/32:

231 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜

I appreciate the challenge, so I won't complain about my awful score, or the fact that this is probably one of the few combinations of teams I couldn't even name 16 players for...

Screenshot (411).png

Looking at the list and getting annoyed at who I forgot in 3, 2, 1...

WHITNEY (both of them)! KULIKOV! TIKKANEN! BJUGSTAD! BENNING! SHEAHAN! DVORAK! KRAVCHUK! GRIFFITH! BRASSARD! Should have had ALL OF THESE! :cry:

Samsonov and Gilbert... legit did not remember these guys playing for FLA... :dunno:

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
View attachment 880977

Looking at the list and getting annoyed at who I forgot in 3, 2, 1...

WHITNEY (both of them)! KULIKOV! TIKKANEN! BJUGSTAD! BENNING! SHEAHAN! DVORAK! KRAVCHUK! GRIFFITH! BRASSARD! Should have had ALL OF THESE! :cry:

Samsonov and Gilbert... legit did not remember these guys playing for FLA... :dunno:
[/SPOILER]

I could only think of four answers. I put Ray Whitney, Mellanby, Dvorak and Reasoner and then gave up. I should have had Gelinas as well. I seriously don't remember many of the guys on your grid playing for both teams.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
1718033170132.png

I misread the 100+ assists category as 1,000+ assists. Still, 14 is a really good score for me. But I would have picked Syd Howe, which would have gotten me into the single digits.

Reactions: kvladimir

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad