Remember? (Random Bruins Related Junk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Remember right after the lockout we played the Habs and Fitzy got a penalty and it reigned down all the mini Stanley Cups they had given us as fan-favors? Andrew Raycroft hid in his net.
I still have my cup--its downstairs, never opened and I dust it once a week.

Reactions: lopey and BMC

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Was the "Donkey kick" Shields in the goal?
Ah, Steve Shields, was a star for Rochester, won the Calder Cup in 96. Thought he'd be a good one coming up behind Hasek. Cool Cheevers mask though. Anyone remember Craig Billington coming over from Ottawa? Kept his same mask that he'd been using since NJ (outline of a devil head) and just painted the red parts yellow.

But the one that I wanted badly to succeed was Blaine Lacher, the Lach-nets Monster. Started out so well, and then POOF. Couldn't even hack it in the IHL.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Remember right after the lockout we played the Habs and Fitzy got a penalty and it reigned down all the mini Stanley Cups they had given us as fan-favors? Andrew Raycroft hid in his net.
I did not remember the reason, but remember Raycroft hiding. :laugh:

Reactions: Kovi

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CAN_JM.jpg

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Remember Mats Naslund of the Habs scoring with 51 seconds left to break the 0-0 tie (and break my 9 year-old heart) in the deciding game 5 in 1985?
I was 15 and almost died I ran around the block hoping I would come back to a tie game. Every one at school knew I was a die hard bruins fan and I had to eat all the crap for another year

Reactions: lopey and trenton1

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
2002-2003.

That was my first season of following the Bruins deeply. I watched them here and there as a kid, and watched the playoffs, but that was the season we first got NESN and I could watch every game.

That roster was frustratingly bad. Bryan Berard wasn't awful, and Girard could've been a solid player like a Torey Krug if he didn't get in that accident.

I remember PJ Stock losing his regular spot in the lineup late in the season and being a 15 year old blockhead who liked fighting, I was disappointed. Also MOC firing Ftorek to put himself behind the bench while we were in a playoff spot.

I took a week off from work to watch the playoff series against NJ. Paid a small fortune to sit in the Loge for game 3.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ok, good memory time.

I remember 2008 game 6...that game sparked their 2010s run

My and my brother decided to buy tickets that morning and sat up in the balcony. Easily the greatest sporting event I have seen live. The atmosphere was rocking from the first second. The game itself was a perfect hockey game. No lead higher than 1. Both teams just throwing haymakers all night.

I remember our entire section was hugging each other after Sturm's goal. Then being nervous as all hell for the final 2 minutes.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Remember Bruce Shoebottom, who was popular mainly because of his name and he could fight.

I remember Mike Robitaille , after his playing career was over and he was
a member of the Sabres broadcast team, cracking that Shoebottom was
"so ugly that he had to sneak up on a glass of water just to get a drink". :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

Michael Ryder with the game winner for the Habs.

2011 was a long way away.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I remember watching Kenny Linseman night after night and learning a ton. You could see how dirty Kenny was on tv but when I got my season tickets it was like taking a masters course in being the biggest pain in the league.

Watching Lydon Byers with the Maine Mariners and telling the people I went with he would be up in days. He was up a few days later and became one of my all time favorite Bruins.

Being told Wes Walz, Dave Pasin and John Byce would all be offensive superstars.

Watching Bobby Orr play his last games, he and Taz are the reasons I have loved (and at times hated) this team for 45 plus years.

The night Bobby's jersey was retired.

The Last Hurrah and Leville coming back.

The last three I will never forget

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Bill Ranford first game as a Boston Bruin played for New Westminster Bruins
Random Burridge first game wow
Got to see Frank Simonetti’s first game ve Minnesora
Bruins beat habs in 88. I owned the world
Ray Bourques 2 goals in the third period to tie game 1 of the 1990 finals
Pulling a Bobby Orr autograph from the 1991 score hockey box while I was in seminary college. I went nuts.

Scoring more goals then Ray Bourqur in road hockey. I broke every Bruin record in 1985. Best times ever
Having a out door Bruins Game 7 party in 2011 at my house. I invited every one even nuck fans. Best party ever. Best Champagne poured over me. Celebrating in the streets with a parade my kids did. Going and celebrating in the bar later that night. Still can hardly believe it to this day
Bruins trainer giving my 15 year old daughter with bad concussion issues a stick after the game in Minnesota last year
Answering the phone on Christmas Day 8 years ago and telling my 5 year old son it was the Boston Bruins. Johnny Boychuk got hurt and the Bruins want him to play tomorrow. He jumped out of his skin. I felt sooooo bad I had to tell him it wasn’t real

Man I don’t want to stop

Reactions: Sevendust

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I remember Mike Robitaille , after his playing career was over and he was
a member of the Sabres broadcast team, cracking that Shoebottom was
"so ugly that he had to sneak up on a glass of water just to get a drink". :laugh:
Shoebottoms goal in the 88 playoffs, and his Frankenstein like skating style.

Reactions: OV and DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

IIRC it was a shitty call and the Habs scored with like 30 seconds left and the cups went flying. We waited a long, long year of frustration to come back to lose to the Habs in crushing ways again. I didn't blame the fans.

Reactions: Kovi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad