Remember? (Random Bruins Related Junk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
How

How did you quote all those KPD nicknames and miss 'Scorin' Lee Goren?
I also remember when they got Nathan Horton a few games into his first season Dupes said "I'm still seeing too much Sunrise in his game". :laugh: KPD is a good read.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
BR0301.jpg
I wonder where Andre Navarov was that night? Sean Brown was a tough customer, but a defenseman by trade.

This must have been post-Ken Belanger because Ftorek would have had him in there too.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I remember Wayne Cashman getting his tongue split by a Russian player at the Summit Series in '72. The Russian players sticks leading edge/end was "honed down to a razor sharp edge" according to reports. Cash never missed a shift with 40 stitches in his tongue.
Cash was as tough as they come and a pretty good sniper. One could make a case for #12 in the rafters.

Reactions: Strafer

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
2002-2003.

That was my first season of following the Bruins deeply. I watched them here and there as a kid, and watched the playoffs, but that was the season we first got NESN and I could watch every game.

That roster was frustratingly bad. Bryan Berard wasn't awful, and Girard could've been a solid player like a Torey Krug if he didn't get in that accident.

I remember PJ Stock losing his regular spot in the lineup late in the season and being a 15 year old blockhead who liked fighting, I was disappointed. Also MOC firing Ftorek to put himself behind the bench while we were in a playoff spot.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Remember the Gord Donnelly kneeing incident? Those days were the best.
Early season game. Yeah I remember the cowrdly knee drop. I also remember the Bruins inviting Donnelly to camp a few years later under Mike O'Connell.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Remember those dark days when the pregame show had Nancy Marapese-Burrell?

Not as easy to look at as a Kathryn Tappen...
I remember NMB pumping Sindens tires whenever possible. Then again, I liked Sinden and feel he would have won several cups had he been GM in a cap era.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I remember Manny Fernandez sucking... I remember Pat Riggin, I remember the Bruins getting rid of Andy Moog for (gulp) John (technicolor 5 hole) Casey...

I think John Blue was in that era, and of course who could forget Jim "The Net Detective" Carey

Reactions: Strafer

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
2002-2003.

That was my first season of following the Bruins deeply. I watched them here and there as a kid, and watched the playoffs, but that was the season we first got NESN and I could watch every game.

That roster was frustratingly bad. Bryan Berard wasn't awful, and Girard could've been a solid player like a Torey Krug if he didn't get in that accident.

I remember PJ Stock losing his regular spot in the lineup late in the season and being a 15 year old blockhead who liked fighting, I was disappointed. Also MOC firing Ftorek to put himself behind the bench while we were in a playoff spot.
Ooh, boy! That lineup is painful to read... Who did we lose to in the playoffs?

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Remember when Brad Boyes was our out of nowhere young scoring machine?

16-28-44 in the final 36 games in 2005-06 and 26-43-69 overall.

I do.....I still have a home white Boyes jersey hanging in the closet. Still gets me the most comments out of all my jerseys
it was one of the most beautiful moments of my hockey lifetime

Reactions: Trizz617

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
The Devils absolutely murdered us.

And that was the year MOC traded for Jeff Hackett, who still wore his Habs pads and mask for a few weeks. It was disgusting. He wound up getting injured too, I think Steve Shields had to finish out the playoffs for us.
Hackett hurt his pinky and then he had mysterious vertigo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad