Remember? (Random Bruins Related Junk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I remember thinking that Andre Roy was going to be a combination of Kevin Stevens and Bob Probert.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Remember the Al Iafrate trade?

Remember Kyle McLaren?

Remember Nick Boynton?

Remember Jonathan Girard?
I remember all of them except Al. I do not remember exactly why McLaren was shipped out - money or PR for decapitating Zednick?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I remember the team from 96 which had a HUGE amount of toughness. Dean Chynoweth, Davis Payne, Steve Staios, the legendary Rick Tocchet, Jeff Odgers, Troy Mallette, Kevin Sawyer, Andre Roy, Dean Malkoc and likely a couple I'm forgetting.

Reactions: Strafer

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Andrew Alberts was my student at BC. I still can't figure out why he was trying to catch puck with two hands on his knees on the play when he got injured.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I remember watching a game against the Oilers and Kelly Buchburger scored against them. Cusick referred to the “ Buchburger goal” and I thought it was meant as an insult. Didn’t know it was a guy’s name.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I remember watching a game against the Oilers and Kelly Buchburger scored against them. Cusick referred to the “ Buchburger goal” and I thought it was meant as an insult. Didn’t know it was a guy’s name.
If I remember right, Joe Thornton and he had a bit of a rivalry. I think they went twice in one game.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
Juneau for Planet Al. Mclaren was a tough, scary dude. Laid out Zednick. Boynton, huge underbite, trying to cash in on the concussion thing. Girard was hurt in a car accident. I met him in person in Portland once. Good kid and didn't act like I was a jerk for telling him what he was doing wrong. He was sent down when they picked up Gord Murphy.

What'd you tell him he was doing wrong?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
TED GREEN.jpg
I remember hearing that the Bruins mortal enemy, Brad Park was coming to Boston for Espo. Also Ratelle and Joe Zanussi. Carol Vadais (the only other male Carol besides Carol O'Connor) that I'd ever heard of was leaving. I remember those 10 games that Orr and Park played together. Those PP's were phenomenal but surprisingly didn't produce as much as you'd expect because I think that the coach didn't always put them out on the points at the same time. Orr and Park were my two role models at the time and it was mind blowing seeing them together.
I remember Gerry Cheevers playing goal like a third defenseman at times. I remember worrying that Ted Green would get hit in the head and be killed. Green had a weird helmet for a while that looked like a neck brace with straps. It didn't have a top, just a sort of convertible helmet with no "roof."

Attachments

• TED GREEN.jpg
    TED GREEN.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Remember Bill Ranford the second time around?

Remember Felix Potvin at the end?

Remember when Marty Turco wasn’t playoff eligible?

Remember when Hannuu Toivonnen was more flexible than Gumby?

I remember Manny Fernandez sucking... I remember Pat Riggin, I remember the Bruins getting rid of Andy Moog for (gulp) John (technicolor 5 hole) Casey...

Reactions: lopey

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember Wayne Cashman getting his tongue split by a Russian player at the Summit Series in '72. The Russian players sticks leading edge/end was "honed down to a razor sharp edge" according to reports. Cash never missed a shift with 40 stitches in his tongue.

Reactions: TCB

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember that when the '72 Summit Series was happening Bobby Orr was in the Mass General Hospital getting his knee operated on. I also will never forget that whenever the Bruins/Orr played in a Canadian city they would boo him for it!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
How
Lee Goren, too.

I remember "Landon of the Lost" from Dupont as well as "The Technicolor Five Hole", "Sh, no one man is Orr" and "Planet Al". I've always been a Dupes fan.

How did you quote all those KPD nicknames and miss 'Scorin' Lee Goren?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad