Recalled/Assigned: Rem Pitlick sent down to Laval, Anthony Richard called up to Montreal (2022-12-18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Woke isn’t really an insult. “You treat human beings like human beings” doesn’t really sting.
What if these human beings you are reffering to are identifying themselves as something else though? You are such a bigot @dcyhabs. You deserve to lose your job ASAP. *obvious sarcasm*

With that said, can we just have fun?
Im happy for Baby Rocket. At least he skates like one, we can give him that.

You all can have your woke/not woke talk au sous sol de l'UQAM somewhere. I hear they serve a mean soy milk down there.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
His former agent is Kent Hugues and I remember at the start of the season (when he was signed) he mentioned that he was told he’d get a chance to play in the NHL if he played well.
Hard to argue with “best in the league”, looks like the devil has to pay up!

I prefer “le ptit pétard”

Reactions: Canad13ns

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What if these human beings you are reffering to are identifying themselves as something else though? You are such a bigot @dcyhabs. You deserve to lose your job ASAP. *obvious sarcasm*

You all can have your woke/not woke talk au sous sol de l'UQAM somewhere. I hear they serve a mean soy milk down there.

Rocket Richard is what Maurice Richard was called. Naming a random PPG AHL guy "Rocket Richard" is an insult to the heritage of the name.

The thing is they did not call him "baby Rocket" which would have been fine, they called him "Rocket Richard".

The fact you equate both tells a lot more about you than it does whoever you tried to make fun of.

LesHabitants

Oct 20, 2022
Rocket Richard is what Maurice Richard was called. Naming a random PPG AHL guy "Rocket Richard" is an insult to the heritage of the name.

The thing is they did not call him "baby Rocket" which would have been fine, they called him "Rocket Richard".

The fact you equate both tells a lot more about you than it does whoever you tried to make fun of.
I'll call him anti-tank Rocket. Hopefully he is good but not too good.

Reactions: Walrus26

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Send Pitlick to the Yukon so we never have to see him again
Doesn't Old Craig live in the Yukon? So you can't use the pronoun "we" and I don't mean that in a transphobic way. Old Craig may run into him up there. You know there are what 6 people living there.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If he is terrible can we call him the Red Rocket?

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 1

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Doesn't Old Craig live in the Yukon? So you can't use the pronoun "we" and I don't mean that in a transphobic way. Old Craig may run into him up there. You know there are what 6 people living there.

He probably does live up there, gold mines in the summer, poops in the permafrost year round, bitches about this team. Some people, amiright?

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

I agree this isn’t the place, quite explicitly, but considering “too woke” translates pretty directly to “insufficiently racist and/or misogynist” it sort of gets my back up. It’s not political, it’s abusive, and on sports boards and in Quebec people try to make sure that no one thinks they aren’t racist, but I have absolutely no sympathy with those people. No one knows what “woke” means but bashing it is airing intolerant credentials.

Politics is how many parks you want, racism is not political, and people are people even if some people don’t want to consider them so.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:huh: You shit chocolate? You should go into business. Set up an exotic chocolate boutique.
Defecation is a recurring theme on this forum, for some sordid reason. Since even a pocket rocket has thrust, it needs to be projectile defecation — all in the interests of a consistent, all encompassing approach.

f69.gif

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Woke isn’t really an insult. “You treat human beings like human beings” doesn’t really sting.

Being woke is vertue signaling at places that doesn't need to be and as such destroy everything. "We're gonna make a God of War movie but Kratos is gonna be without arms, stutering and gay cause we need representation".

I don't think making fun the Rocket name is any close to that. lol

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Can the word “woke” please be retired by 2023?
No objections, no one knows what it means.

Can we please retire “not woke” because everyone knows exactly what it means.

It’s not something to discuss here, but if someone hangs out a nazi flag people shouldn’t be bitching about others telling them to take it down.

Being woke is vertue signaling at places that doesn't need to be and as such destroy everything. "We're gonna make a God of War movie but Kratos is gonna be without arms, stutering and gay cause we need representation".

I don't think making fun the Rocket name is any close to that. lol
Has anyone really claimed to be woke? Lots of people say they are “not woke” or things are “too woke” so they can make clear who they do and don’t consider to have human rights.

No issue with rocket.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013

I think you need to relax. No one really cares. Nobody batted an eye when Dale Weise was called Dutch Gretzky. I dont think any disrespect is meant nor shown here.
I agree this isn’t the place, quite explicitly, but considering “too woke” translates pretty directly to “insufficiently racist and/or misogynist” it sort of gets my back up. It’s not political, it’s abusive, and on sports boards and in Quebec people try to make sure that no one thinks they aren’t racist, but I have absolutely no sympathy with those people. No one knows what “woke” means but bashing it is airing intolerant credentials.

Politics is how many parks you want, racism is not political, and people are people even if some people don’t want to consider them so.

Fair enough.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think you need to relax. No one really cares. Nobody batted an eye when Dale Weise was called Dutch Gretzky. I dont think any disrespect is meant nor shown here.

Fair enough.

If you don't see the difference, all I can do is pray for your soul.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad