Pre-Game Talk: Redemption against the Bruins

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully Leafs lose 7-1, to force some change. I want to hear Dreger say Leafs asked Marner, Reilly and Tavares to waive NMC and are actively shopping all 3. Next thing to do is bench Matthews like he should have been in the last 2 games. Matthews needs to be benched when his diva i dont give a frigg attitude shows up.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Hopefully Leafs lose 7-1, to force some change. I want to hear Dreger say Leafs asked Marner, Reilly and Tavares to waive NMC and are actively shopping all 3. Next thing to do is bench Matthews like he should have been in the last 2 games. Matthews needs to be benched when his diva i dont give a frigg attitude shows up.
This all seems very rational.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I’d bet they asked Marner, they just know JT would say no, I’d be surprised they would want to move on from Reilly

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Until Berube sends one or two of the core to the press box for a game or two nothing will change. They are in a heated battle for control of the team right now and Berube has to go nuclear to get control from the 5 man Cabal running things currently

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Until Berube sends one or two of the core to the press box for a game or two nothing will change. They are in a heated battle for control of the team right now and Berube has to go nuclear to get control from the 5 man Cabal running things currently
I agree, its a big battle for control. They had Keefe under control, Marner and Matthews were the coaches, hopefully Berube stands his ground. Lets hope Tanenbaum agree's with Berube. I do not like Tanenbaum and think he is controlling alot more than people think.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I agree, its a big battle for control. They had Keefe under control, Marner and Matthews were the coaches, hopefully Berube stands his ground. Lets hope Tanenbaum agree's with Berube. I do not like Tanenbaum and think he is controlling alot more than people think.
Yup there is no question it’s happen. I suggested it during the game the other night and got scoffed at. Playing hockey intense, hard and physical is hard and some nights it hurts, why would they willingly change after playing soft hockey for 8 years

Reactions: Gilmour1996

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yup there is no question it’s happen. I suggested it during the game the other night and got scoffed at. Playing hockey intense, hard and physical is hard and some nights it hurts, why would they willingly change after playing soft hockey for 8 years
Ya, Matthews is a big issue. He has the worst compete level on the team and knows he can get away with it. Matthews should have been benched last night and vs Columbus. He wants 13.25 million and is so arrogant he refuses to be coached, shows up when he wants too.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

You don't have to scratch them.... just stop putting them out together all the time.

Reactions: arso40

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
was checking a few stats and lol :laugh:

1729919803671.png

• Haha

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You don't have to scratch them.... just stop putting them out together all the time.
Exactly... when do top players get scratched? It's not realistic at all. You have to work with your best players day in and day out to get the results you want.

This is not a video game.. these are people and a Manager's job is to get the best out of them. Scratch has to be the absolute last resort.. Show me an example of where it got there and then things blossomed. Not many.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Exactly... when do top players get scratched? It's not realistic at all. You have to work with your best players day in and day out to get the results you want.

This is not a video game.. these are people and a Manager's job is to get the best out of them. Scratch has to be the absolute last resort.. Show me an example of where it got there and then things blossomed. Not many.
After 3 coaches , 2 GM’s and 8 years of them playing like they do maybe we are at the last resort

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I’d bet they asked Marner, they just know JT would say no, I’d be surprised they would want to move on from Reilly

If you want something, you dont block yourself. Even if they think JT will say no, you ask anyway. Put the ball in his court. Everyone wants something, its up to you to find that something, it is not up to you to prevent yourself from accomplishing something.

After 3 coaches , 2 GM’s and 8 years of them playing like they do maybe we are at the last resort

Maybe a 4th coach and /or a 3rd GM would work...? :sarcasm:

was checking a few stats and lol :laugh:

View attachment 921729

Is that good?

Reactions: Racer88

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lorentz is as 4th liner as a 4th liner comes. He's not someone that should ever be moved up.

Holmberg needs to see a press box for at least a game, he's been bad.

What's up with Dewar? Feels like he's been practicing for awhile, not sure if it's cap gymnastics preventing them from activating him but he could be a spark for the bottom 6.
This.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Ya, Matthews is a big issue. He has the worst compete level on the team and knows he can get away with it. Matthews should have been benched last night and vs Columbus. He wants 13.25 million and is so arrogant he refuses to be coached, shows up when he wants too.

Do you think life is easy when you only earn $13.25 mil a year? Instead of having 3 people to feed him grapes... he can only afford two...

giphy.gif

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
EXACTLY, a message other than benching a fourth liner is what’s needed……….

👍

👍

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
- Slow start to the season ("Don't worry, November's almost here!")
- Embarrassing losses to bottom-feeders
- Goaltending (outside) Stolarz (so far) a question mark
- Bottom 6 not good enough (the 3rd line specifically)
- Nylander/Marner dangling inside the opposing blue line with no one behind him, coughs up the puck leading to a crippling goal against.
- Inconsistent efforts throughout
- Still stuck in east-west mindset, way too many intercepted stretch passes, giveaways in the neutral zone and a forecheck that seems to rely on what mood they're in that night
- Special teams are a s**t show (although the PP usually waits until the playoffs to be this bad)

So, tell me again, what was Berube supposed to bring to this team that would get them out of their bad habits? Because so far, this is exactly, precisely the same team we've seen every other year and maybe even worse.

I get that it's only 8 games but I'm already getting the feeling that this Berube's system is the square peg to this team's round hole of wanting to play pond hockey. At the very least it seems they way be willing to do the heavy forecheck/north-south thing for a game or two but will regress at the first opportunity hoping the coach doesn't notice.

Out of 8 GP, one really great effort/result and a whole lot of mediocrity-to-awful. Not good at all.
Ha you just described the bruins...battle of the early loser teams tonight.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

These takes. My god. It makes you question if people have watched a second of Leaf hockey ever or if they just hate the team and like to shit on them when they lose

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
These takes. My god. It makes you question if people have watched a second of Leaf hockey ever or if they just hate the team and like to shit on them when they lose
Keep in mind the team has lost two games in a row. Two. Not 7 or 8. Two. And this is the reaction from fans. The Leafs will win the next two games, and then the love/hate cycle will repeat. Meanwhile, a quick look at the standings reveals that the entire Atlantic division looks pretty mediocre at the moment.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Keep in mind the team has lost two games in a row. Two. Not 7 or 8. Two. And this is the reaction from fans. The Leafs will win the next two games, and then the love/hate cycle will repeat. Meanwhile, a quick look at the standings reveals that the entire Atlantic division looks pretty mediocre at the moment.

Just funny seeing a guy say Matthews has no work ethic. Yup dude scored 69 goals and was a Selke candidate just coasting around. If only he tried a bit, he would be better than Greztky!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If you want something, you dont block yourself. Even if they think JT will say no, you ask anyway. Put the ball in his court. Everyone wants something, its up to you to find that something, it is not up to you to prevent yourself from accomplishing something.

Maybe a 4th coach and /or a 3rd GM would work...? :sarcasm:

Is that good?
1729948656290.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad