GDT: Red Wings @ Senators | Round 2, Fight! Edition | Tue Feb 28th 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I'm more of a Virtua Fighter guy myself, but I approve of the Mortal Kombat theme nonetheless!
Right on. I remember playing the arcade version back in the day, probably trying to button mash my way to the top.

Street fighter was probably always my go to.

For the Red Wings, the day their playoff hopes were crushed, was the most important game of their season.

full

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Was at the game last night and going again!

Hope the weather doesn't deter too many people, if they play anything like they did yesterday it will be a fun game to be at, should be lots of energy in the rink

Roads look pretty clear! Especially the highway.

Reactions: DrEasy and hn777

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Was at the game last night and going again!

Roads look pretty clear! Especially the highway.
I think tonight will have more energy than last night. I dunno, maybe it is how the 100s sound compared to the second bowl?

I really don’t know what the Wings have planned. I know that they have been physically challenged , and embarrassed. But who are they asking to pick up a role they don’t have? Rasmussen is hurt.

I can see the refs going after Ottawa in the 1st, control the emotion bs …and maybe Detroit puts Ottawa in PP trouble.

Or Ottawa plays really chill and let the game come to them.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'm honestly kinda terrified we win, because it might prompt Dorion into trading an unprotected first + for Colton Parayko

Ekholm just went for a 1st (that will be relatively late), Reid Schaefer, a 4th and Tyson Barrie (salary).

I think he's better than Parayko right now, and on a better deal.

So the cost for Parayko shouldn't be more than a conditional 1st (a 2024 1st if the Sens make the playoffs this year or next, if not, becomes a 2024 2nd) + JBD/Thomson/Boucher.

That's the most I'd give if we're taking on that salary.

Reactions: Cosmix and HSF

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I know we all like to blame Lalime for 04 but if the highest scoring regular season team didn't get shut out by a 39 year old goalie 3 times in the series that may have helped
Does being 39 automatically make you bad? Belfour was still a really good goalie that season, 39 or not

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Ekholm just went for a 1st (that will be relatively late), Reid Schaefer, a 4th and Tyson Barrie (salary).

So the cost for Parayko shouldn't be more than a conditional 1st (a 2024 1st if the Sens make the playoffs this year or next, if not, becomes a 2024 2nd) + JBD/Thomson/Boucher.

Is Barrie really just salary? He's a RHD with 43 points in 61 games and is owed $4.5M through next season. I'm guessing Nashville sees him as an asset who'll get them another high pick.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Yeah, but it's Dorion.

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Feeling we are trading for Korpisalo and Gavrikov from the Jackets if we win tonight... kinda makes sense although I'd prefer to stick with Soogard as Talbots backup.

Probably out to lunch on this but can't be any worse than "The Insiders" for a prediction

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Is Barrie really just salary? He's a RHD with 43 points in 61 games and is owed $4.5M through next season. I'm guessing Nashville sees him as an asset who'll get them another high pick.

He's not a complete scrub, but if he's not playing on a PP with McDavid and Draisaitl, he's probably a 30-35 pt offensive defenseman who's bad in his own end and making $4.5M ($5M in real dollars) next year.

I don't think that's a positive asset.

I'd be very, very surprised if he breaks 40 points next year on Nashville.

Reactions: Yak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad