Red Wings longtime zamboni driver fired for peeing into a drain, suing saying he has a urinary disorder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don’t care if he has a disorder or not.

Firing a 50 year employee because he pissed into a drain is absurd.
Yeah this is insanely harsh to me. He'd been there for decades and they let him go because he has a disorder and hid between two zambonis in what's said to be an all-male area?

Reactions: Kleefeld

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Imagine being the employee who ran to corporate and told on him. :help: :laugh:
After reading the article, I'm gonna go out on a limb and hypothesize that the guy who saw him didn't have any ill-intent when he told others about it, and when it got back to the bosses, they used this an excuse to get rid of an expensive, elderly employee who could no longer do his job efficiently.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Quick read of the Michigan Elliot Larsen Civil Rights Act sect 37.2202(1)(d) .... Red Wings would have had to treat him differently from another "individual who is not so affected ..."

Im going to assume every employee is not permitted to pee in drains, so hes not being treated differently in that regard. He could argue accommodation blah blah blah ... dude wants paid. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad