GDT: Red Hot - Oilers v Devils - 2 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Debrusk is one of the more insightful commentators around. It is absolutely cringe-worthy how many people on here need announcers to constantly pump the Oilers tires to be called a good commentator.

His thoughts on both the Kane interference and that penalty were absolutely valid.

I don’t necessarily agree with him on those, but I’d rather disagree with the odd take like that than listen to a hack like Edwards. A relatively neutral commentator who knows what they’re talking about is the best to listen to

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
The maturity shown by this team now
Is the exact type of maturity that will be needed to win Cups. We never had a chance with the shit show chaos defence see saw these last two runs. We had a punchers chance with our offence, that’s about it. But when the talentless hack flames score 9 on you in the playoffs, something ain’t right.
Yeah. They are allowing the game to kind of come to them. Usually, we would be skating all over the D zone and getting criss crossed and losing our guys, leading to odd man rushes in close or 10 Bell chances. They are just letting Jersey hover around the outside mainly and sweeping any rebound away from the net if a shot gets through

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Charles is taking the bus because he is broke. f***ing government and their climate crisis tax scam.
That shit only affects the average person. The corporations up their prices, lay people off, and pay like shit to cover their losses.
Start getting mad at corporations and billionaires for Charles and people like him

Reactions: Slugman

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yup. I still remember that one game iN EDm last year against NJ to start the year. We just let them come back late and score that winning goal with under a min left
I tend to forget shitty things that happen , I like memories of the good Oiler moments

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The entire SN broadcast is just trash. Incompetent play calling. Cringe intermissions. It’s just not worth watching when you can’t find a visiting team feed.

Reactions: VainGretzky

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
The maturity shown by this team now
Is the exact type of maturity that will be needed to win Cups. We never had a chance with the shit show chaos defence see saw these last two runs. We had a punchers chance with our offence, that’s about it. But when the talentless hack flames score 9 on you in the playoffs, something ain’t right.
what they have done for team defense in a short period of time is unfathomable. Bouch and Vinny have made huge strides. Id love to see Broberg get some of this if we gain enough ground to do so

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah. They are allowing the game to kind of come to them. Usually, we would be skating all over the D zone and getting criss crossed and losing our guys, leading to odd man rushes in close or 10 Bell chances. They are just letting Jersey hover around the outside mainly and sweeping any rebound away from the net if a shot gets through

Yeh for sure. It’s like let the other team beat themselves. Stay solid in our own end, and our league best offensive skill will eventually break through. This is the recipe we need going forward.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I don’t necessarily agree with him on those, but I’d rather disagree with the odd take like that than listen to a hack like Edwards. A relatively neutral commentator who knows what they’re talking about is the best to listen to

Yeah, you can certainly disagree with his thoughts.

But man some people on here literally need every single commentator that does an Oiler game to be constantly validating every homer feeling they have, and if they don't they're dirt.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні!
May 4, 2006
Debrusk is one of the more insightful commentators around. It is absolutely cringe-worthy how many people on here need announcers to constantly pump the Oilers tires to be called a good commentator.

His thoughts on both the Kane interference and that penalty were absolutely valid.
I thnk people would be more receptive f he wasn't overly anti-homer, but rather just called it like he saw it.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Pet Peeve people but is Pickard. So many misspellings that you made me check. haha
picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
what they have done for team defense in a short period of time is unfathomable. Bouch and Vinny have made huge strides. Id love to see Broberg get some of this if we gain enough ground to do so

Honestly, the coaching is giving me hope with Broberg too. I’ve always been low on him, but give Coffey at a look at his game and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad