RD Tristan Luneau - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 53rd, ANA)

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, I'd say he's a highly probable top 10 pick for the stacked 2022 NHL draft. He's a complete player with size and upside at both ends of the rink. An elite skater as well with great skills who can do it all. Incredible progression in the last 3 years, really didn't expect him to be that good when I firsts saw him play as an underager in Bantam AAA.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
How does he compare to the top 2021 Canadian defensemen?
Incrementally behind Clarke - who should go first overall this year - and on par with Lambos.

I really, really, really like his game. Should compete with Casey for first defenseman off the board in a typical two-way vs. offensive defenseman debate.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Does he project to be more of an offensive D-men or a Shut down D-men? And does he project more as a top pairing or top 4 D-men?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Does he project to be more of an offensive D-men or a Shut down D-men? And does he project more as a top pairing or top 4 D-men?

2 way smart and reliable in his own end but he has the skating and tools to be good in transition as well. He certainly is not "offensive minded" like Letang or something, but he isn't solely a shut down player either.

He has been quite polished for a long time and plays a very mature game. He probably could have held his own in the Q at 15, not been a dominant force or anything but he would have be capable of playing there. He is really a unique defender to come from the Q region in some time.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
2 way smart and reliable in his own end but he has the skating and tools to be good in transition as well. He certainly is not "offensive minded" like Letang or something, but he isn't solely a shut down player either.

He has been quite polished for a long time and plays a very mature game. He probably could have held his own in the Q at 15, not been a dominant force or anything but he would have be capable of playing there. He is really a unique defender to come from the Q region in some time.

Thanks for the assessment, I’m trying to see which D-men would be good for the sens. Our D is a bit of a dumpster fire atm.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Zero chance, he will be closer to 1 than he is to 30

as the season goes on we'll see how things shake out. To me the Q guys often seem to go a little later then expected. The Habs could have a very high 2nd and another 2nd so they could always move up if need be though we'll see as this draft is at least so far shaping up to have a lot of interesting names and they can't all go top 20.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Maybe we can snagg him with one of the picks that we should be getting if bargain is a seller at the deadline like he should be.. but ey, were talking about bergy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad