RD Simon Nemec (2022, 2nd, NJD)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What type of player does Nemec turn out to be?

I assume Like Hughes will be their main dman on PP1 for many years so will Nemec be more of a P2 type guy and PK type guy that kinda does everything? He doesn't hit or pims but I did notice he finished the season with a high total of blocked shots

I'm very curious about NJ over the next few years and how their d core turns out.

How many points do you guys feel he will average each season?

His stats last season were...

60gp 3g. 16a. -7. 33pims. 22hits. 73sog. 105blks.

Averaged just under 20 mins a game, just over 1 min of PP time per game and just under 1 min of PK a game

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
What type of player does Nemec turn out to be?

I assume Like Hughes will be their main dman on PP1 for many years so will Nemec be more of a P2 type guy and PK type guy that kinda does everything? He doesn't hit or pims but I did notice he finished the season with a high total of blocked shots

I'm very curious about NJ over the next few years and how their d core turns out.

How many points do you guys feel he will average each season?

His stats last season were...

60gp 3g. 16a. -7. 33pims. 22hits. 73sog. 105blks.

Averaged just under 20 mins a game, just over 1 min of PP time per game and just under 1 min of PK a game
Will see. He played 19+ min as 19 yo defenseman. He is good defensively and potential is really bigger. Yes, he will be minutes eater, he fights for the puck through the board, he defends on the move, he is bloking the space. And he has good transitioning potential, he already made enough interesting playmaking decisions.
So even without pp1 role his potential is bigger than 45-50 points as two way defenseman who will play hard minutes if everything will go in the same direction. His ceiling is better but in his case its too early to talk how real could be to hit it for him. Luke will take some pp time no matter what so its hard to pencil him as potential 65+ points defenseman. It still not a problem and Devils don't have a big need.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Is Nemec that sound defensively?

He’s obviously still learning and had some lapses last year, but overall, he’s already pretty solid and looks like he’s trending well there.

He’s not flashy, but he makes smart puck decisions and is positionally sound.

As far as offensively, I think he could be a 40-50 point producer at his peak.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He’s obviously still learning and had some lapses last year, but overall, he’s already pretty solid and looks like he’s trending well there.

He’s not flashy, but he makes smart puck decisions and is positionally sound.

As far as offensively, I think he could be a 40-50 point producer at his peak.
Ya in the games I saw this season on TV, I keep thinking he will be a 0.5 ppg type dman every year while playing alot of mins and in all situations with some PP and PK

Reactions: Nocashstyle

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Ya in the games I saw this season on TV, I keep thinking he will be a 0.5 ppg type dman every year while playing alot of mins and in all situations with some PP and PK

Exactly. I don’t think he ends up being truly elite at any one thing, but just consistent and good to really good at just about everything.

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad