RD Seamus Casey (2022, 46th, NJD)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You realize how silly it makes you look to comment on a player you haven't watched, right? Because nobody who watched those Casey this year would compare him to Smith.
I didn’t compare him to Smith, I compared him to Addison and Deangelo.

The name Ty Smith was brought up to highlight how fans can and will overvalue a player because they are young and new. It also helps he was also a Devils prospect.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I didn’t compare him to Smith, I compared him to Addison and Deangelo.

The name Ty Smith was brought up to highlight how fans can and will overvalue a player because they are young and new. It also helps he was also a Devils prospect.
Those comparisons warrant the same criticisms. Casey is a very solid defensive player, especially for a 20 year old kid.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He showed he is NHL ready and is a young exciting NHL player but it’s not a bad idea letting him play in the AHL a lot this season too. The schedule in pros is considerably different than what he’s used to in NCAA… I have no issue with this at all having him play in the minors

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Certainly a good experience for Casey earn a spot out of training camp and get 8 games with the bid club, though injuries to Hughes, Pesce and Hatakka also opened the door a bit. Gives him a good taste of what playing in the NHL is like and what he needs to work on to succeed at this level. The plan all along was for him to play in the AHL this season and possibly be an injury call-up - I think it works in his benefit that the call-up happened early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad