Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury thread | HF’s Longest Thread Just Got Longer

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Randomly watched clips of Gabriel Landeskog goals from his most recent season last night.

What a player. We have missed him so much.

Coach’s dream of a player.

Underrated skill set with very good hands around the net, amazing at tipping shots and screens, responsible in all three zones, above average passer, welcomes and engages physicality everywhere, incredible leader.

A 30-40 second Landeskog shift is a work of hockey art.

He adds so much to a team just having him in the lineup.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
iv3kbwy.jpeg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It would be such an Avs thing if Landy finally comes back this year but the Avs miss the playoffs. You can just see it coming
I am expecting a St. Valentine's Day massacre 2.0 personally like what we experienced with Foppa and Calgary. Landeskog will come back, play a game, then disappear before the next game, and get our arses handed to us by Vegas on home ice, 11-2. Book it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I am expecting a St. Valentine's Day massacre 2.0 personally like what we experienced with Foppa and Calgary. Landeskog will come back, play a game, then disappear before the next game, and get our arses handed to us by Vegas on home ice, 11-2. Book it.
Or we’ll have a healthy roster and murder Vegas

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
That's a pretty optimistic outlook considering the one I originally responded to by you fam.
Hey fam, no one says fam anymore.

It came and went - just like :

Gaslighting
Fair
Ride or die
Narrative
(I want to sound smart and don't want to use the word 'story') people still LOVE to use it though
Leverage

Sorry fam but it truly sickens me to see it every single time, nothing against you personally fam

Fam

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What I am kinda curious though, is that there has been no footage of Landeskog skating for like a month now. It just stopped during the training camp. Maybe he's doing it in secret? Ok, but how is Nichuskin being able to be spotted skating this weekend?

And I want to remain positive. Apparently Lonzo Ball has looked pretty damn good, and that's the best comparable for Landy.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
What I am kinda curious though, is that there has been no footage of Landeskog skating for like a month now. It just stopped during the training camp. Maybe he's doing it in secret? Ok, but how is Nichuskin being able to be spotted skating this weekend?

And I want to remain positive. Apparently Lonzo Ball has looked pretty damn good, and that's the best comparable for Landy.
I would guess Landy is doing it at another arena, at odd hours, when no one is there or allowed inside, or possibly even outside of Denver where no one knows he's there.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Landeskog “plays ball” with the organization a lot more and will work with them on an ironclad plan.

People who don’t think he is doing private workouts must be on another planet. Not directed to you, by the way.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Landeskog “plays ball” with the organization a lot more and will work with them on an ironclad plan.

People who don’t think he is doing private workouts must be on another planet. Not directed to you, by the way.
FWIW, I'm very optimistic about Landeskog and do believe he's doing stuff behind closed doors. Just saying what it looks like now.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

I don't get the secrecy about it at this time though. It's not like we are in the playoffs and want to through off the other team. Seems a bit strange.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Also from what I understand Lonzo's surgery was much more severe than Landeskog's, unless Landeskog also required a brand new meniscus.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't get the secrecy about it at this time though. It's not like we are in the playoffs and want to through off the other team. Seems a bit strange.
It tracks with everything else they do though. Barely have any reporters and none of them get scoops unless they want the news to be out. They don't want anyone to have any knowledge of injuries/timelines etc. It's just how they are with everything they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad