RD Seamus Casey (2022, 46th, NJD)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Wish I watched this game. That might be one of the wildest statlines I have ever seen considering the context. The craziest part is definitely the faceoffs, but I think a close second is him scoring two goals (one called back) on f***ing redirections, basically the one goal a defenseman will never score.
Defensmen typically have pretty good hand eye from an early age knocking down shots with their stick. I was terrible for doing it up until Bantam and goaltenders hated me for it.

The faceoffs is so impressive.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
back in his last couple years of minor hockey, he would take shifts up front periodically throughout games.
Yep, this is why I was so shocked that USA left him off the roster. They would have been much better off with 12F and 8D, and just let Casey move to forward if someone went down mid game.

At least that's one of the reasons I was surprised. I was mostly surprised at his exclusion because he would have been the team's 2nd best defenseman. Obviously.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yep, this is why I was so shocked that USA left him off the roster. They would have been much better off with 12F and 8D, and just let Casey move to forward if someone went down mid game.

At least that's one of the reasons I was surprised. I was mostly surprised at his exclusion because he would have been the team's 2nd best defenseman. Obviously.
Hopefully he can be the player you see in him. Potential franchise defender is a lot to live up to.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hopefully he can be the player you see in him. Potential franchise defender is a lot to live up to.
Honestly it's pretty rare for prospects to actually live up to their "full potential". I think of potential as a prospect's upside scenario, where that type of outcome is in the top 90-95th percentile of all potential outcomes.

Failing to live up to full potential isn't a knock in my books. My projection for Casey is that he becomes a solid #2/3 transition defenseman who can QB a PP and score 35-55 points in a season. Jared Spurgeon is a reasonable comp for that sort of projection. But his upside is a poor man's Cale Makar. Dynamic skating, dangerous wrist shot, dominates in the neutral zone, and responsible play in his own end.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Honestly it's pretty rare for prospects to actually live up to their "full potential". I think of potential as a prospect's upside scenario, where that type of outcome is in the top 90-95th percentile of all potential outcomes.

Failing to live up to full potential isn't a knock in my books. My projection for Casey is that he becomes a solid #2/3 transition defenseman who can QB a PP and score 35-55 points in a season. Jared Spurgeon is a reasonable comp for that sort of projection. But his upside is a poor man's Cale Makar. Dynamic skating, dangerous wrist shot, dominates in the neutral zone, and responsible play in his own end.
I’m sure NJ would be thrilled with that outcome. The smaller guys are tough to project. Some have skill but struggle to make it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad