RD Jett Woo (2018, 37th, VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
For a 16 year old he has looked pretty good for team Canada so far at the U18's. 4 GP 1 G 1 A and plays a pretty balanced game.

LOVE this kid. His vision and passing are insane, he's a really dynamic skater and has an excellent shot. Only knock on him I've noticed at the U18s is his stride power, but that can be worked on.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I love Jett Woo, but my question mark is still his offense. Question mark in a relative sense though because it isn't bad or anything (funny enough, I thought he actually should've scored a few more points at the Hlinka and was better offensively than the box score showed). And he is rock solid at everything else. Gaps, pinches, 1 on 1s, defensive coverage, puck moving out of his end with passes or skating, boards battles, you name it. Kid just drives play forward.

That shot encapsulates his offense surprisingly well though from the plenty I've seen. He's more a guy who I think will volume shoot from afar than snipe/make plays, and he can sometimes stand a little too still at the blue line when getting the puck and not really use much space in the o-zone, even though he's smart and a good skater. More a grip it and rip it guy than a creative defenseman. I've seen him surprise though on pinches and stuff when he gets the puck down low. Like I said, it's a question mark, not a certainty. At ES that's fine, and he can still project as a potential #2/3 type d-man there. But how that affects him as a PP player is more what I want to know this season with regard to his ceiling because he can be a bit static up there. With the RHD Josh Brook out for a good spell, who isn't that good on the PP either, I imagine Woo gets more PP time to showcase himself. Don't know how he was used that game.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I watch this kid every home game. He was injured a few games ago against Regina, hasn't played since.

His game is really all about shutting the opposition down. He's a beast in his own end. Built like a tank and loves to get physical. His skating, specifically his edgwork, is amazing. He is very evasive against forecheckers and often leaves them behind as he pulls a move and gets the puck up ice quickly. His transition passing is one of his best assets as he can retrieve the puck, keep it away from forecheckers and transition it up ice quickly. He can also QB a PP very well and has a great shot from the point. All in all I think he has a very pro-style game already with pro-ready size. I'd liken him to a Vlasic type shutdown and transition defencemen with a better shot. He has been an absolute minute muncher for Moose Jaw, plays in all situations and was logging upwards of 30 minutes a night some games.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well if he ever makes it big in the NHL he already has a song lined up for him

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I watch this kid every home game. He was injured a few games ago against Regina, hasn't played since.

His game is really all about shutting the opposition down. He's a beast in his own end. Built like a tank and loves to get physical. His skating, specifically his edgwork, is amazing. He is very evasive against forecheckers and often leaves them behind as he pulls a move and gets the puck up ice quickly. His transition passing is one of his best assets as he can retrieve the puck, keep it away from forecheckers and transition it up ice quickly. He can also QB a PP very well and has a great shot from the point. All in all I think he has a very pro-style game already with pro-ready size. I'd liken him to a Vlasic type shutdown and transition defencemen with a better shot. He has been an absolute minute muncher for Moose Jaw, plays in all situations and was logging upwards of 30 minutes a night some games.

I have only watched him in last Spring's under 18 tournament. The way he moved around on the ice reminds me a lot of P.K. Subban.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I have only watched him in last Spring's under 18 tournament. The way he moved around on the ice reminds me a lot of P.K. Subban.

He's definitely got some very fluid skating. Not sure he has the offensive game of Subban. He has made a few rushes but he often opts to pass rather then move the puck himself. The Warriors have some great forwards though so it may be coaching. He gets a lot of his point from quick transition plays. His goals are typically always point shots that he hammers through.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The Winnipeg Jetts Wood like to select this guy. Seriously.

There is not a better fit in the league. A Winnipeg born kid, too.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Winnipeg Jetts Wood like to select this guy. Seriously.

There is not a better fit in the league. A Winnipeg born kid, too.

What a great name!

Whenever he scores in a home game the entire arena yells "WOO!". Then again when the announcer gives the goal summary and says his name. It's pretty awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad