RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I've always been adamant he was the best D in the Draft, and nothing that has happened since has changed that like of thinking.

Terrific prospect.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Going into the 2019 draft I had Turcotte 5th and Zegras 6th, so I'm still good on that choice. With the 2020 draft, at 2nd I had Byfield. If the Kings had had the 4th pick, I would of gone with Drysdale. I do have to admit that the ducks have scored with both Zegras and Drysdale. But it's early, very very early.
I had Turcotte as #3 and Zegras at #6. I really thought Chicago was gonna pick Turcotte so they could have a speedy scorey duo of Turcotte/DeBrincat.
Turcottes 2way ability and speed has me thinking Ryan Kesler with more skill.

I didn't want Drysdale unless the Ducks were gonna be picking at #9. Everyone was saying he's Fowler 2.0
I wanted Raymond, Rossi or Perfetti at #6, a winger to play with Zegras or another center because i had doubts about Steel/Lundestrom.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
This would have been accurate had the Sens actually taken Drysdale instead of Sanderson.

Jake is EXACTLY what the team is missing right now, and has been missing for a long time. A top pairing, two-way D that can eat minutes.

But Sanderson cannot be a top pairing D man in Ottawa, thats the point.

Dorion said it himself, he wants to see a left hand side of Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom. And we know where Sanderson slots in and its not the top pairing.

As Drysdale is a RHD, he could be top pairing in Ottawa. but Sanderson? It is just not very likely at all to happen, Ottawa has hitched its wagon to Chabot.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Dorion said it himself, he wants to see a left hand side of Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom. And we know where Sanderson slots in and its not the top pairing.

As Drysdale is a RHD, he could be top pairing in Ottawa. but Sanderson? It is just not very likely at all to happen, Ottawa has hitched its wagon to Chabot.

This isn’t NHL 21. It doesn’t matter how they line up on paper, they could both play 25 minutes a game.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sens need to stop coming in here whenever they see some fans- rarely ANA fan - try to troll Sens fans and succeed when a pissing match ensues and makes some of us look insecure.

Drysdale is a phenomenal talent and was noted they were neck and neck in final standings anyway.

Posts like this are mainly done to troll and many of you posting need to just ignore them; especially the posts of Drysdale now being a better defensive guy than Sanderson. In last few pages alone:

Sanderson before Drysdale will age very poorly.

God dammit. God f***ing dammit. Shit ass f*** shit. I knew he would be good, and now he's a Duck. I've got to watch Zegras and Drysdale carve up LA for the next decade and that's just f***ing great. f*** you Ottawa for taking Sanderson over Drysdale.

But for real, what a debut. He looks like Doughty did his rookie season. Please, Anaheim, ditch the orange, it's so fugly.

Zegras-Drysdale is probably the tastiest one-two punch in any prospect pool in the league

Senators really screwed the pooch not picking this guy.

Sanderson isn’t a better defender than Drysdale.

My personal favourite ^

Just ignore the trolls/instigators.

Last edited:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....

Anaheim didn't have a problem playing Pronger and Niedermayer on 2 different pairings for the most part.

Sanderson has played his off side at ND. He could transition to the other side at some point. When Chabot came up Dorion wanted him on the right side. He's since changed his mind.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I know he's out with an injury at the moment, but is he in the NHL to stay? Or back to the AHL for more seasoning?
Looks like he might be here to stay unless he hits some major bump, which is still possible.
His dynamic skating has been an obvious improvement on that Ducks blueline. Arguably he's our 4th best D, behind Lindholm (injured), Fowler, Manson (just returned from the injury). Shattenkirk is logging a lot of minutes but he is often making headscratching plays, I would put Drysdale ahead of him, but this might be me hyping up the new guy :laugh:

All things point to Dry being back in the game tonight against the Avs btw.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Anaheim didn't have a problem playing Pronger and Niedermayer on 2 different pairings for the most part.

Sanderson has played his off side at ND. He could transition to the other side at some point. When Chabot came up Dorion wanted him on the right side. He's since changed his mind.

Chabot/Sanderson in no way are Pronger/Niedermeyer, who were at in their mid thirties when that happened.

And people always throw out this "just switch sides". There is a reason it just does not happen very often in the NHL, but is a bit more prevalent in lesser leagues, and very prevalent in Europe. Players lose effectiveness on their off side, especially on the defensive side of the puck, although it is very useful in a controlled offensive zone (think PP or big ice surface).

To me thats what made Drysdale more valuable. not even just to the Sens, as RHD are the hardest commodity to come by in the league (for skaters). Sanderson is going to have to be quite a bit better than Drysdale to be as valuable to Ottawa. And that may happen.

I maybe I just cannot fathom another 10 years of a Gubranson equivalent playing alongside Chabot .....

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Chabot/Sanderson in no way are Pronger/Niedermeyer, who were at in their mid thirties when that happened.

And people always throw out this "just switch sides". There is a reason it just does not happen very often in the NHL, but is a bit more prevalent in lesser leagues, and very prevalent in Europe. Players lose effectiveness on their off side, especially on the defensive side of the puck, although it is very useful in a controlled offensive zone (think PP or big ice surface).

To me thats what made Drysdale more valuable. not even just to the Sens, as RHD are the hardest commodity to come by in the league (for skaters). Sanderson is going to have to be quite a bit better than Drysdale to be as valuable to Ottawa. And that may happen.

I maybe I just cannot fathom another 10 years of a Gubranson equivalent playing alongside Chabot .....

Ya they also were 2 of the 3 best defensemen in the league during that period too lol.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I actually just had to check to see if I was in the Sanderson thread.

I agree, but keep in mind I don't think its us as Ottawa fans keeping that going. A similar thing has happened in the Sanderson thread where one poster is attempting to claim Guhle is superior to them both lol.

I think HF should more actively moderate this kind of thing. Why not start a prospect comparison thread?

Anyway, back to Drysdale now.

Reactions: topshelf15

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
If sanderson hasnt made the NHL by this year... i really dont like his chances, starting to think he might be a bust

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but that's a dumb way of looking at player development. Not every prospect needs to be ready right away. Rushing prospects is what idiotic teams do and while we aren't a good team(getting better) we won't sacrifice rushing players to end up ruining them. Sanderson should spend another year in college and if possible some time in the AHL. I hate the trend of top picks having to be in the league right away and wish teams and fans would be patient.

Use the Detroit model of player development.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but that's a dumb way of looking at player development. Not every prospect needs to be ready right away. Rushing prospects is what idiotic teams do and while we aren't a good team(getting better) we won't sacrifice rushing players to end up ruining them. Sanderson should spend another year in college and if possible some time in the AHL. I hate the trend of top picks having to be in the league right away and wish teams and fans would be patient.

Use the Detroit model of player development.
I agree. Drysdale should have stayed and dominated the AHL.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale could be arguable for the Ducks best defensemen in every game he's played thus far (Lindholm is out currently).

Reactions: theVladiator

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Drysdale could be arguable for the Ducks best defensemen in every game he's played thus far (Lindholm is out currently).

I thought it would be 2 years (from draft day) when Drysdale would be ready for the NHL. He's looked noticeable (in a good way most of the time)... that skating was NHL level, but I didn't think the confidence would be there and thought the lack of strength would be a bigger issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad