RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Dunno if its just the shiny toy syndrome but Fowler looked really good I recall in his first year too.

Fowler offensively was effective, but defensively in his early years he was cringeworthy. I don't get the impression that you'll get cringeworthy defense out of Drysdale. He's absolutely going to get outmuscled consistently and beat at times, but that's because he's 18.

Fowler doesn't have the wheels that Drysdale does.

I would say that Drysdale's side-to-side skating (don't know the technical term) is better, but other than that Fowler's skating is on par with Drysdale's. Drysdale's skating does look more explosive at times compared to Fowler (who has never really looked explosive).

Skates like Makar, seems to have very good vision even at top speed. Creative, and also plays good D. Just don't know how strong he is, and how much of a beating he can take/avoid. A lot of fun to watch. As i said way before the draft, he reminds me of Bobby Orr a bit, albeit one with modern skating techniques and equipment. Don't think he will be as strong as Orr, but the league isn't as tough as it was back then, so it might not affect him so much.

The wonderful thing about a great Dman is that you can play him close to half the game, if he is a fixture on the PP. If you have two or three of them it solves a whole bunch of problems.

Can't wait to see if he can play Defence against players like Mackinnon, McD, Petersson. Unlike a lot of PMD's these days to whom defending is an afterthought and something you do in between rushes, Drysdale was a very good defender at lower levels. We'll see what he can do against the fastest , strongest, and most skilled in the world.

Fowler and Drysdale are similar skaters, the biggest difference to me is Fowler only uses it when he has the puck on his stick to escape and transition the puck. Drysdale uses it at all times, his gaps were crazy he is so confidence in his skating. Every time they carried the puck into his side they were forced to dump it in it seemed.

Fowler was an elite skater I just wished he used it more defensively and offensively to challenge people.

100% this is Cam's best asset along with his gap control. Drysdale appears to be consistent at using his skating to put himself in advantageous positions that offset his weaknesses. I wish Fowler would roam the offensive zone like Drysdale, but that appears to be a confidence issue as opposed to a coaches restriction so we're probably SOL there.

Hayward highlighted him doing it perfectly to big Lawson Crouse last night. He will be fine.

Exactly, he's smart with his body positioning (his skating and IQ help tremendously) and it allows him to offset his natural weaknesses.

He has nothing to learn at the junior level.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I think it's perfectly reasonable to say that Drysdale will be better (Or vice versa). Or say Drysdale has more upside (Or vice versa). Or that Drysdale is more ready or that Drysdale is better offensively.

I find it hard to make an argument that Drysdale is a better defender.

Sanderson literally excels in defending 1v1, 2v1 rushes and shutting down the other teams top players. He has the size, skating, hockey IQ, passing and stick work to make him an ideal defender/transition player.

Drysdale easily has a leg up offensively but to say he's a better defender than Jake, yeah I'm not buying it either.

EDIT: really hope Drysdale is okay after that hit. Still love watching him play and he's been great in his short pro stint!

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Sanderson isn’t a better defender than Drysdale.

I don't understand why some people on here - again, let me specify, it's not Ducks fans - have to constantly berate one player in another's thread.

For reference, the only comparison we have between the two is the WJC gold medal game. Sanderson won gold and was the defender that USA leaned on to shut down Canada. I'd say he was pretty successful.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Sanderson literally excels in defending 1v1, 2v1 rushes and shutting down the other teams top players. He has the size, skating, hockey IQ, passing and stick work to make him an ideal defender/transition player.

Drysdale easily has a leg up offensively but to say he's a better defender than Jake, yeah I'm not buying it either.

EDIT: really hope Drysdale is okay after that hit. Still love watching him play and he's been great in his short pro stint!

I think what many people are trying to say is that Drysdale is underrated defensively. The majority of Drysdale haters keep saying he's bad defensively, which isn't true. He was on a bad Erie team and that can lead to some people getting tunnel vision with a prospect.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The update to this is he practiced today and doesn't appear to have sustained any significant injuries.

The way he got scared and tried to avoid that hit is going to open himself up to being ran at a fair bit in the corner moving forward

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Jake Sanderson would never catch an edge while trying to brace for a hit that's for sure

He pulled a chicken move and dropped to the ice it is very dangerous for both players. Going forward he will be seeing a lot of extra dump and chase in his corner because they know he is scared.
And your right Ottawa went with Jake because they Wanted the guy who wasn’t shy of contact.

Reactions: Luckylarry

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
He pulled a chicken move and dropped to the ice it is very dangerous for both players. Going forward he will be seeing a lot of extra dump and chase in his corner because they know he is scared.
And your right Ottawa went with Jake because they Wanted the guy who wasn’t shy of contact.
This is such bullshit. Stop trolling pls.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
This is such bullshit. Stop trolling pls.

Umm how is the truth trolling? Look at his face and watch his reaction he is so wide eyed scared and he drops to the ground at the last second.
Scared...yes
Drops to the ground....yes
Dangerous...yes
Thought to avoid physical battles pre draft...yes
No troll job just the facts

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
:joker:

Reactions: PatrickMcC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad