RD Colton Parayko (2012, 86th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Pietrangelo, never.

Shattenkirk...have you seen our Power Play....my god its a disaster without him

While I'd explore trading Shattenkirk...it could only be for a 1C. Obviously we'd have to build a package but still....the odds of that player becoming available isn't likely.......

The icing on the cake is Bortuzzo, he's a fanatic 3rd dman. So while the Blues could go on without Shattenkirk, our specials teams are absolutely atrocious and Parayko can't move the puck like Shattenkirk...yet.

This...

I was very curious to see how blues would do without Shattenkirk and to see if Parayko could show he can fill in. Sure he has done unbelievable with him gone, but these past handful of games without Shatt in the lineup, it is really showing how valuable Shatt is.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Unfortunate he has to compete for the Calder against this crop of rookies.

ya its too bad... this years rookies is the year of high offensive guys. Any other year I bet he would be in the running to win it possibly... never know though, if he keeps this pace up, he could potentially surprise some people with a nomination

Tied for 9th in NHL dman scoring
tied for 7th in rookie scoring
1st in dman rookie scoring
1st in dman points on Blues
1st in +- on Blues

If he keeps this up, you never know

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Scored his 4th tonight with 10 shots on goal(most shots in a game by a rookie since Ovi apparently)

Currently leading all NHL dmen in goals

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I love how Parayko's thread is just on its 7th page haha.... if he was on a team of fans that are too outspoken(not gonna name those teams, but we all know who I mean) it would probably be on the III or like IV type thread.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I love how Parayko's thread is just on its 7th page haha.... if he was on a team of fans that are too outspoken(not gonna name those teams, but we all know who I mean) it would probably be on the III or like IV type thread.

We usually keep our hype to our board.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
10 sog :amazed::amazed:

I wonder how many defenseman or forwards get that total in a year

He could be the real deal :popcorn:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
We usually keep our hype to our board.

and I actually appreciate the lack of hype the Blues are doing on this PROSPECTS page. Weirdly enough certain players I start despising due to the ridiculousness of comments fans do... and a some of them I have never even seen play before yet it still make me hate them!haha

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
and I actually appreciate the lack of hype the Blues are doing on this PROSPECTS page. Weirdly enough certain players I start despising due to the ridiculousness of comments fans do... and a some of them I have never even seen play before yet it still make me hate them!haha

I'm pretty sure Blues fans are so used to things going horribly wrong that we don't really brag that much because we know somehow it's gonna come back to bite us

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We've really been excited about Parayko and Fabbri, but don't let it leak too much onto the mains.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
apparently was seen in a walking boot after last nights game. Hitchcock said its just precautionary and will be a game time decision next game.... uh oh

Shwaguy*

Man I would do some nasty things to have a player like Parayko be Rielly's D Partner.

Holding out hope that we have a similar Diamond in the rough in Andrew Nielson :laugh:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Kid will be seeing an offersheet coming his way in 2 years. Oilers say, welcome home.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Seems like every year there's a stud defenseman hiding in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Great job by St. Louis on this one.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Kid will be seeing an offersheet coming his way in 2 years. Oilers say, welcome home.

there wont be an offer sheet cause the Blues will be forced to trade Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo by that time. They were already in a situation where they probably had to, and now with the emergence of Parayko , they will most likely have to cause he will get a very big raise after his deal expires after next season.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Yea...just like those Tarasenko offer sheets. I don't think you grasp just how high Blues managment was on him. They didn't draft him by accident

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Won't happen. Players love playing for the Blues lately, wouldn't accept unless the team becomes a non-playoff team by then or too much money is offered to him.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

maybe yes. maybe no.

Edit: mean it as a joke (a quote from "The Departed"), sorry for the flame. Would ending with "Maybe go sit on a cactus" be less offensive/not considered a flame?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
there wont be an offer sheet cause the Blues will be forced to trade Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo by that time. They were already in a situation where they probably had to, and now with the emergence of Parayko , they will most likely have to cause he will get a very big raise after his deal expires after next season.

We don't have to trade anybody.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
We don't have to trade anybody.

Ya they don't HAVE to, but they will.

I cant see them having Petro at a big cap, Jbo at a big cap, Shattenkirk soon to get a giant raise and also Parayko getting a giant raise. I think it's pretty obvious they will use a dman in a blockbuster trade within the next year or 2. And if Parayko keeps getting better and better, that will definitely make one of Petro or Shattenkirk expendable. Which is a deadly situation for the Blues cause the return would be huge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad