RD Colton Parayko (2012, 86th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Watched him against the Jets yesterday. Really impressive performance. The Blues look like they've got a beauty.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
This guy looks awesome. I'm blown away by his confidence and assertiveness. I liked how he was demanding the puck on the PP. he's going to score a ton of goals with that shot.

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
Didn't he break the glass with a slapper the other day and hurt a goalie with another last night?

He's gotta have one of the hardest shots in the league...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Didn't he break the glass with a slapper the other day and hurt a goalie with another last night?

hes got a bomb from the point. And it's scary cause sometimes its a head shot or sometimes its low... honestly if I were a goalie I'd crap my pants when he winds up cause who knows where itll go.

When Parayko keeps getting more and more comfortable and confident, they will have someone like Shattenkirk or Petro QBing the PP and I wouldn't be surprised to see Parayko set up on the one side for one timers and Tarasenko on the other side doing his thing. The Blues PP is going to be insane once Shattenkirk is back and they get rolling. It kind of got all messed up and they lost momentum when shattenkirk got hurt

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yep, we're not joking or exaggerating when we say his shot rivals Weber's.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
hes got a bomb from the point. And it's scary cause sometimes its a head shot or sometimes its low... honestly if I were a goalie I'd crap my pants when he winds up cause who knows where itll go.

When Parayko keeps getting more and more comfortable and confident, they will have someone like Shattenkirk or Petro QBing the PP and I wouldn't be surprised to see Parayko set up on the one side for one timers and Tarasenko on the other side doing his thing. The Blues PP is going to be insane once Shattenkirk is back and they get rolling. It kind of got all messed up and they lost momentum when shattenkirk got hurt
does he look like prime dion. Back when he was dominant young player dion was really amazing. He is still good but when he was younger he dominated, i remember watching a game where he broke the glass twice in the same period. The great thing for the blues he doesnt have to be the best dmen for them they got pie, shatt, as two number one dmen, they also have a nice young core of dmen in lindholm, schmalts, and ed. Its crazy the blues have gotten so much talent yet been so good for the past 5 years. They have rattie, fabbri, and babs on offense which is impressive to add to their core.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Wasnt there another guy in STL who used to break stuff with slapshots?:sarcasm:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
that's a deadly clip... thanks for posting it... there was another bomb from the point VS the Jets last night and he hurt Pavelec that was posted in the Blues forum. I love hearing the crowd after his shots always haha.

I know there are a lot of players that have hard shots but this kid's shot is scary cause he tends to shoot it high at times and it freaks the shit out of his teammates. They know to get out of the way. Weirdly enough I like this haywire shot reputation he is getting cause nobody in their right mind will want to block it from another team cause they don't know if it will hit their foot or face haha. Once he gets his shot a bit more accurate, look for many goals from the point for him.

Did they ever see how hard his shot was at Blues camp or anything?.. Very curious the speed of it

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
that's a deadly clip... thanks for posting it... there was another bomb from the point VS the Jets last night and he hurt Pavelec that was posted in the Blues forum. I love hearing the crowd after his shots always haha.

I know there are a lot of players that have hard shots but this kid's shot is scary cause he tends to shoot it high at times and it freaks the shit out of his teammates. They know to get out of the way. Weirdly enough I like this haywire shot reputation he is getting cause nobody in their right mind will want to block it from another team cause they don't know if it will hit their foot or face haha. Once he gets his shot a bit more accurate, look for many goals from the point for him.

Did they ever see how hard his shot was at Blues camp or anything?.. Very curious the speed of it

He had one vs edmonton too where the crowd was suprised and was ooohing. His shot reminds me of a shotgun, where it powerful and goes a bit everywhere, but it gets thru. Hell learn to control it a bit and will be potting alot of goals from the blueline with it.

Creates so much havoc, which in turn creates chances off rebounds and what not

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Jake Allen says it's like Weber's. I think it got clocked when he was in college, but can't remember the specifics of it, was definitely triple digits though.

Hitch said his wrister hits the net every time, but his slapshot is almost a loose cannon at this point. Once the accuracy improves, he'll score around 15 a year. In the meantime, he'll settle for injuring a lot of people and opening up lanes.

He's basically the exact player that we though Johnson was going to be for us.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Jake Allen says it's like Weber's. I think it got clocked when he was in college, but can't remember the specifics of it, was definitely triple digits though.

Hitch said his wrister hits the net every time, but his slapshot is almost a loose cannon at this point. Once the accuracy improves, he'll score around 15 a year. In the meantime, he'll settle for injuring a lot of people and opening up lanes.

I just hope he doesn't hit Tarasenko or someone in the head with one of those cause that may be the last time we see a slap shot from him haha

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I believe it was Pang that said Parayko's shot when he's stepping into a one-timer is over 110mph...which isn't surprising considering he can hit a stationary puck while standing still over 100mph.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

80M9muV.gif

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It's gonna suck for whoever plays the PK against the Blues in the playoffs, 7 games worth of blocking that shot...

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Colton Parayko will just be spotted a goal every game if he signs an agreement go not take slap shots

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Big game from him tonight. Even though the Blues lost 3-2 in OT to the Islanders, Parayko himself had 1g, 1a, +2, 6 shots and played 23:39 including 4:36 on the PP. He was the game's second star behind Grabovski who scored the OT winner.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Damn he is a scary player. Does he make Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk expendable?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We don't know yet but it's being discussed on our board a lot. I think it's very possible it does in the offseason, as long as we would get the return we're looking for (likely a top center).

He's a beast out there. He eats up minutes and he steps up his game even more when the Blues need a goal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Pietrangelo, never.

Shattenkirk...have you seen our Power Play....my god its a disaster without him

While I'd explore trading Shattenkirk...it could only be for a 1C. Obviously we'd have to build a package but still....the odds of that player becoming available isn't likely.......

The icing on the cake is Bortuzzo, he's a fanatic 3rd dman. So while the Blues could go on without Shattenkirk, our specials teams are absolutely atrocious and Parayko can't move the puck like Shattenkirk...yet.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
After every Blues game, win or lose, the fans who have watched the game vote for the three (Blues) stars of that game...with the leading vote getters receiving 3, 2 & 1 points respectively. The points are tallied and a running total is kept for the season. While not completely accurate, do to biases and individual perceptions and judgements, in is a fairly indicative measure of who is playing well and consistently. Tarasenko has the most points. Parayko is number two. Not Piertangelo, not Bouwmeester, not Steen or Backes. A rookie d-man. He's been THAT impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad