RD Brock Faber (2020, 45th, LAK, traded to MIN)

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

Declan Mcdonnell comes to mind.
LOL, what kind of translator did you use that has ancient chinese as an option?

I came in to say, seemed like forever since I last saw Minny play, but this guy is the reason I tune in. Canucks should pay their right nut for a prospect like him on their roster.

• Love
Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Two really great games for Brock in Sweden, not to bump this too often, but the Wild don't play for a while again. He had two primaries that were essentially his own goals, both in the 3rd period of games that went to OT. Beyond that though, if you want an idea of how the coach sees him, he was specifically sent to shadow Matthews the 3rd period 1 on 1, with Brodin and JEE on the ice, rookie Brock Faber was the one calling coverage and taking on the AM34 assignment, tracking him all the way to the point at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The guy must be amazing at trades then. He got a guy who is over PPG over the last 3 seasons for reasonable price and you are complaining.

Welcome to LA Kings fandom, the real reason they hate Blake isn't because what he has done as a GM, it's what he did 20-25 years ago as a player, or however long it was that he left to go to San Jose....

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sure would be nice if posters would stop litigating on the relative worth of Fiala. Enough, already.

Faber looks solid so far, and has a bit of offensive upside. Has some nice rushes, and is very strong to the net, which MN needs right now.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Since this is already bumped I’ll just dump this in here too for anyone having a slow work day.

Incredible interview with Faber on Carter's Podcast for anyone interested, talks about the differences between the NHL and college, and a whole lot of other goodies. He used to be a RW until transitioning to D as a teenager, though they always played him D in games they were up by a goal. I related to that one quite a bit. And some excellent advice to the youth at the end. Well worth a full listen in my opinion, but timestamped below for some highlights.

Start of interview:

38:20 for what life is like in the NHL on the ice and then off the ice.

1:07:40 for his advice to youth hockey players.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017

Paywall article, but analytically he's having the best season for a rookie defensemen since Makar, though he's kind of doing it in the opposite way- with decent offense and dominant defense instead of vice versa.

Also just played 30+ minutes in back to back games.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also just played 30+ minutes in back to back games.
If anything, with usage like that Minnesota should pray he doesn't fall of a cliff in the second half of the season. The man went from playing 38 games in college to [hopefully] 82 in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad