RD Ben Danford - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024, 31st, TOR)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Ben is one of the best skating players of his age group. His edgework and elusiveness are exceptional, his lateral movement and mobility make the game look almost easy for him. He controls and generates most of his teams offemce from the blueline because his vision and playmaking ability’s are elite. Ben isn’t very physical and relies on his body positioning and quick stick to defend. Should be a very good pro prospect.

OHL Rights: Oshawa Generals
OHL Draft: Oshawa Generals (R1, 2022, #14 Overall)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looks like a safe player. Defensive defenseman. Maybe you could call him a two-way guy, but plays a low event game at both ends of the rink. Doesn't seem to have many real weaknesses, but I don't know if he does anything exciting. Maybe looking like a second round pick at this early point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Any thoughts on this player from those who've had eyes on him?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Any thoughts on this player from those who've had eyes on him?
Solid 2 way Defensemen but more of a stay home and protect the fort rather than lighting up the score sheet. Very big, starting to use his size over his sophomore year. Blocks ALOT of shots. Will likely be the Oshawa Generals Captain next year.

Expect to be drafted in 2nd/3rd round. Will likely one day be a 3-6 Defensemen in the NHL.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Solid 2 way Defensemen but more of a stay home and protect the fort rather than lighting up the score sheet. Very big, starting to use his size over his sophomore year. Blocks ALOT of shots. Will likely be the Oshawa Generals Captain next year.

Expect to be drafted in 2nd/3rd round. Will likely one day be a 3-6 Defensemen in the NHL.
So he's not the 6'0, 176 that he is listed as on most sites?

Thanks for the reply, btw.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Gotta post on that first page of a leaf’s first round prospect… it’s primer real estate than the gta itself. Glad they’ve reached twice on their first rounders, it’s given me two opportunities to truly have this special moment

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
From my 20 minutes of reading reports the scouts who like him make him sound a bit like John Marino

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Funnily enough, I did a mock draft a couple months back for Mckeen’s and had Tor them taking Danford at 23 - pretty cool that’s who they were targeting all along and made the smart decision to trade back and acquired more assets in the process.

He’s not sexy but man is he effective, as a 17 year old he was voted as one of the best defensive defenders in the OHL - that’s no small feat for a player that young. Shows you how dominant he is in his own zone.

He’s exactly what Toronto needs. I love this selection.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Toronto has needed a right shot tough defensive dman who was still able to skate and move the puck for as long as I have been a fan it feels like. If he hits at all he will be a valuable piece for us.

Also like moving back a few picks and getting a 2nd. Treliving seems to value his draft picks a lot more than Dubas. Leafs should add a few good prospects to their pool this weekend after it initially looking bleak.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
What I am very surprised and happy about is how Treliving doesn't try to impose himself at the draft table, he was basically taking orders from Clark during the trade down transaction. He's smart enough to know that he's not the smartest person at the draft table.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad