GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Looks like it's going to be another UFA day where we know everyone's destination before noon EST.
This has always been the case. Some years ago we knew even earlier because of the 1 week tampering period before UFA.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Stars have some work do to:

1719844175774.png

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Pesce, Dillon, going after Stamkos and Marchessault...

Does NJ not have a cap?
They’re just willing to figure it out later like Tampa and Vegas have done for years. This way of thinking has never lead to a team ever “not” being able to figure it out so why not jump aboard and do the same thing

Reactions: dahrougem2

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They’re just willing to figure it out later like Tampa and Vegas have done for years. This way of thinking has never lead to a team ever “not” being able to figure it out so why not jump aboard and do the same thing
Requires an owner willing to pay dead money in terms of buyouts/retention and we all know Kroenke would rather go on safari with a paintball gun than do that.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Doggonit I hate missing out on all of the fun off-season activities.

I also hate so much that when Val starts practicing for the Avs again in November I will be excited to have him back. Like nothing ever happened

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Call me crazy but the Tanev deal makes great sense for Toronto, he's an elite shutdown defenseman AND he's a very capable puckmover, both areas the Leafs desperately need. We all know he ain't playing all the way through that contract.
He's 34. I know he was good in the playoffs last year but the big drop-off can happen any second now. If they get just one good year out of him they are lucky.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
That Tanev deal is crazy.

The guy is at the age where his game could fall off immediately. Not three years from now, tomorrow. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle for one season, but that’s a brutal deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad