C Andreas Straka - HK Poprad U20, Slovakia U20 (2025 Draft)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Shocked he didn’t have a thread, has been Slovakia’s best player at the U18’s. Good size, a centre and good speed. Maybe a kid that’ll go high next year?

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
He has made a lot of progress this season. Can be Juraj Pekarcik vol. 2. Definitely one of probably five Slovaks for next year's draft. Next season he should play among men in Slovakia in Poprad. I really love his dynamic game.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
According to my information, it's highly likely he'll go the USHL route and then the NCAA. The CHL should no longer be an option for him, theoretically there's still a small chance they could give him a big role at home amongst the men, but I don't expect it.
He didn’t go to the Sioux City camp. Despite other international players being to their own teams camps (Benak being one of the major ones). Probably not much to it, but interesting to note.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Quebec really struggled to score last year, I believe his role would be very large there. Serious odds he could go that route.

I highly doubt an organization like Quebec would waste a 4th overall pick on a player they aren't sure to sign. The rumours about him staying in Slovakia or going to USHL were probably just to make sure he'd be available at their spot.

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad