Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
If he had a norris I suppose there wouldn't be a choice. However seider has never finished top 20 in norris voting, so....

Neither did Weber at Seider's age MOD

Not to mention we'll just pretend that you didn't ignore the point that you can still be a Top D in the league with 40-50 points a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Neither did Weber at Seider's age, MOD

Not to mention we'll just pretend that you didn't ignore the point that you can still be a Top D in the league with 40-50 points a year.
You're pretty aggressive here. I didn't say you can't be a top d. I said I prefer to pay the high scoring dmen the high cap amounts. Saying seider will automatically have the impact of weber moving forward is just a guess. He could have the impact of a trouba. I prefer to pay the high scoring dmen more, that's it. Calm down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
You're pretty aggressive here. I didn't say you can't be a top d. I said I prefer to pay the high scoring dmen the high cap amounts. Saying seider will automatically have the impact of weber moving forward is just a guess. He could have the impact of a trouba. I prefer to pay the high scoring dmen more, that's it. Calm down.

You think Seider is going to run around throwing elbows trying to brain guys??

• Haha
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

It's less ridiculous than suggesting you're not worth top D money because you don't just abandon the D zone like EK65.

Stevie Why

Jun 27, 2024
Or how Pietrangelo left St. Louis.
Or how Stamkos left Tampa Bay.
Or how Bobrovsky left Columbus.
Or how Panarin left Columbus.

My original comment was meant to be more tongue in cheek but I don't think we can ignore that it could mean Seider is a red wing for less time.
I think we can ignore that shit.

Even IF Seider wanted to leave at the end of his 2nd contract, it probably does not matter whether that takes place in six or eight years. Even if Seider wanted to leave, the Wings can negotiate with him until July 1, 203x - assuming his deal gets done.

The priority here is to sign the damn guy. If it's six years, great. You don't need to worry about his contract ending until the next decade.

Lotta nephews in here y'all gotta chill tf out.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I'd go to 9mil just for the 8 years. It'll be a bargain, I think 6 years would be a mistake.

It's not like you're giving it to a Nurse or a Seth Jones.

Neither of those players looked like they do now when they landed those monster contracts. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Nurse was coming off a healthy but covid shortened season where he paced for 23 goals and 56 points while being a two way monster and a physical beast. At that point in time he was viewed as a must sign piece and a future pillar of the team.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023

While I can understand valuing offense from your D-men in terms of having them be highly paid, a guy like Weber (who is what we have to be pinning Seider's hopes to become, or else why are we so hot to trot to sign him for 8 years, between 8 or 9 million?) is absolutely worth that as well.

A Quinn Hughes or Cale Makar is more black and white with what he brings to the table. That's why you never have any consternation on paying them huge dollars. But Seider's been 50, 42, 42. So it's not like he's offensively challenged. He's not Marc Eduoard Vlasic or Jaccob Slavin who are defense first and maybe have a year where they hit 35-40 but still got pretty big money.

I'd prefer to pay Cale Makar huge dollars over Moritz Seider too, because Makar is a much better overall player. But we have Moritz Seider. We do not have Cale Makar.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Obviously that's true. But can you definitively say seider is more valuable than Larkin? We saw what happened to the team without Larkin. I'd say it's pretty even value wise.

I'm just saying Yzerman is trying to create an internal cap structure that will allow them to build a deep cup contender going forward.

If seider gets 8.9 I won't be upset at all, but if they get him locked up for 7x8.7 I'll be very happy also.

Point is let the big dogs handle the contract negotiations. Yzerman is trying to set a standard. And unless you're a top 5-10 player in the league you won't make more than the captain.
Idk man I just feel like Seider is our best player is sub 25 and I want him for as long as possible. I wish we could sign him for 15 years right now lol

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Obviously that's true. But can you definitively say seider is more valuable than Larkin? We saw what happened to the team without Larkin. I'd say it's pretty even value wise.

I'm just saying Yzerman is trying to create an internal cap structure that will allow them to build a deep cup contender going forward.

If seider gets 8.9 I won't be upset at all, but if they get him locked up for 7x8.7 I'll be very happy also.

Point is let the big dogs handle the contract negotiations. Yzerman is trying to set a standard. And unless you're a top 5-10 player in the league you won't make more than the captain.
Agreed.

Larkin is still our top guy - for now...In 2 or 3 seasons from now that'll likely change...I'm confident Yzerman/Seider will come to an agreement for a 6-8 yr deal.

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
He also tells the "I guess it's free, then" joke when he's at the cash register and something doesn't ring up.
Every time I hear this I wonder how many people have actually been cashiers and can appreciate it. I was for a few years in HS and that phrase still triggers my PTSD. Also degenerates getting mad at me, a teenager, for not selling them alcohol before noon on Sundays. Yeah, man, I want you out of this line too, but I'm not about to lose my job so you can get loaded and go put ketchup on your hot dog, or whatever other unspeakable act you're planning on.

Sign Mo please.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
While I can understand valuing offense from your D-men in terms of having them be highly paid, a guy like Weber (who is what we have to be pinning Seider's hopes to become, or else why are we so hot to trot to sign him for 8 years, between 8 or 9 million?) is absolutely worth that as well.

A Quinn Hughes or Cale Makar is more black and white with what he brings to the table. That's why you never have any consternation on paying them huge dollars. But Seider's been 50, 42, 42. So it's not like he's offensively challenged. He's not Marc Eduoard Vlasic or Jaccob Slavin who are defense first and maybe have a year where they hit 35-40 but still got pretty big money.

I'd prefer to pay Cale Makar huge dollars over Moritz Seider too, because Makar is a much better overall player. But we have Moritz Seider. We do not have Cale Makar.

Nevermind that on Makar's next contract he'll likely be making $13M+.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad