Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Of all the faults that Laine has the powerplay isn't one of them. Since entering the NHL Laine is 20th overall in powerplay goals: NHL Stats
And Laine has played the least amounts of games of all the guys in the top 20. And most of it has been without a proper 1C and 1D that could feed him the puck.

Laine's place is on the first powerplay, it's as simple as that!
Blake Wheeler was an elite set up man for him. You don’t need to be a center to pass the puck from the right wing to the left. Byfuglien was also a pretty damn good player. Not only as a passer but a real threat to cover when he is on the PP giving Laine more room.

100% agree that Laine will/should be on PP1. Any fans putting Caufield ahead of him are just trapped in the Habs bubble. It won’t take long for them to wake up once they see him in a Habs Jersey.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Blake Wheeler was an elite set up man for him. You don’t need to be a center to pass the puck from the right wing to the left. Byfuglien was also a pretty damn good player. Not only as a passer but a real threat to cover when he is on the PP giving Laine more room.

100% agree that Laine will/should be on PP1. Any fans putting Caufield ahead of him are just trapped in the Habs bubble. It won’t take long for them to wake up once they see him in a Habs Jersey.
They both can be on the PP. Don’t need to be one or the other.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Moving on to his 3rd team is damning. Laine having a hissy fit at his coach on the bench is damning. His GM panhandling him in the media is damning. As an asset, his value can only go up with 2 years left on his contract, is damning. Most of all being worthless in a trade is the conviction. The whole NHL seems to agree that this guy is a problem. I can’t believe that the problem is talent, so what is it if it isn’t his personality?

Missing half his games is probably the single biggest thing hurting his value. Then his mental health issues. I have more complaints with Laine but realistically those are the big things.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
But Laine is getting the one timer spot on the left wing. Caufield is no longer the primary shooter.
We’ll see what happens. Laine needs to come back and actually play good. If he is, then Caufield could go in the bumper position, whatever, not the end of the world 🤷‍♂️

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Missing half his games is probably the single biggest thing hurting his value. Then his mental health issues. I have more complaints with Laine but realistically those are the big things.
If the problem was games played the BJs had Laine for 2 more years to fix that and rehab his value. The primary value the BJs get in this trade is getting Laine off the team.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Moving on to his 3rd team is damning. Laine having a hissy fit at his coach on the bench is damning. His GM panhandling him in the media is damning. As an asset, his value can only go up with 2 years left on his contract, is damning. Most of all being worthless in a trade is the conviction. The whole NHL seems to agree that this guy is a problem. I can’t believe that the problem is talent, so what is it if it isn’t his personality?

So much of your post history is just massively hyping Laine, you must have had a real crisis when he got traded to the Habs lol.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
So much of your post history is just massively hyping Laine, you must have had a real crisis when he got traded to the Habs lol.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad