Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Cant see Kasper unless he has an unreal camp and I imagine Berggren makes the team as he would need to clear waivers unless there is a trade before then... that seems more likely to me. Mazur makes sense in a bottom 6 role, guess his main competition would be Watson whos on a PTO?
Berggren Still not signed and I expect he will be traded, bad management.
Kasper on the first unit will be nice for his development and evaluation just for couples of games until Raymond is signed.
Just wanted to see how team looks like without Raymond and Seider and we still ok without Raymond, but without Seider it's just bunch of third pair guys

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Berggren is going to be a nice cheap, homegrown weapon for a couple years. If we can upgrade , for sure we move him but I'm not sold Yzerman moves him just for the sake of it. If he can put up 30 points for 1 million or so, that's a steal. He has his flaws but he still has time and room to grow.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Friedman spoke on the 32 Thoughts podcast about the Detroit Red Wings negotiations with forward Lucas Raymond. Friedman had used recently signed Hurricanes forward Seth Jarvis as a comparable contract for Raymond stating that his $7.42MM cap hit was likely what Raymond’s camp was using in negotiations. However, Friedman informed his audience that a player agent told him that Raymond’s agent is more than likely using a higher comparable and mentioned Senators forward Tim Stützle and his eight-year $66.8MM contract

Reactions: Ulysses31

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Friedman spoke on the 32 Thoughts podcast about the Detroit Red Wings negotiations with forward Lucas Raymond. Friedman had used recently signed Hurricanes forward Seth Jarvis as a comparable contract for Raymond stating that his $7.42MM cap hit was likely what Raymond’s camp was using in negotiations. However, Friedman informed his audience that a player agent told him that Raymond’s agent is more than likely using a higher comparable and mentioned Senators forward Tim Stützle and his eight-year $66.8MM contract

$7.4 or $8.2. I would try and split the deal, give him the max sign on bonus (10%) and figure out the stagger of payment. If he insisted on the $8.2, I'd sign him under team conditions on the pay AND he must sign for 8 years. $8.2 for 8 for Lucas is a fair deal.

Reactions: lilidk

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

Well if wings are looking for around 7.5 and Raymond's camp is looking at about 8.35, it's really not that far off and I can see it extending so far that preseason comes without a signed deal.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I for one am just excited to see what Yzerman is gonna do with the 200k cap space he saves once Seider and Raymond sign after missing half the season

maybe it can go towards the next Justin Holl or we can get a 5th Goalie, the possibilities are truly endless
prolly never know but rayman could b askin somethin whack like 8.5 mil x years

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Our forwards without Raymond on paper are still middle of the pack.
Our D without Seider is 32nd in the NHL.

This is now annoying. I'm still confident it gets done by October, but at this point it's a distraction and it's annoying.

Seider 8 x 8.4
Raymond 8x8.25
Berggren 1 x 925,000

there you go Yzerman, pay them what they are worth and stop screwing around
guessing sy b happy with those numbers but not players

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
giphy.gif
You ARE freaking out...man.

I've got you for littering and... littering and... littering and... dreading the contracts.

Should this have been resolved by now? Yeah. But it's not like Detroit gains points in the standings for having the deals done early. And none of the reports are painting a dire picture of irreconcilable differences. They'll finish haggling over the final details and get it done sooner or later.

Until any details emerge of actual conflict, this whole thing is a nothing burger.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
You ARE freaking out...man.

I've got you for littering and... littering and... littering and... dreading the contracts.

Should this have been resolved by now? Yeah. But it's not like Detroit gains points in the standings for having the deals done early. And none of the reports are painting a dire picture of irreconcilable differences. They'll finish haggling over the final details and get it done sooner or later.

Until any details emerge of actual conflict, this whole thing is a nothing burger.

the thing is in a few days we'll kinda be at the point where they do though

even if they don't end up missing any actual games if Seider/Raymond miss some/most/all of camp they're probably going to have worse seasons

i've been fully on board with the take that "this doesn't matter yet" all summer but we're rapidly reaching the point where actually yes it does matter now

Last edited:

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
The fanbase hasn't even started questioning how much we'd get in return for a trade with these two - we are still weeks away...relax, SY is still enjoying his summer.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
the thing is in a few days we'll kinda be at the point where they do though

even if they don't end up missing any actual games if Seider/Raymond miss some/most/all of camp they're probably going to have worse seasons

i've been fully on board with the take that "this doesn't matter yet" all summer but we're rapidly reaching the point where actually yes it does matter now
Wake me at that point. I personally don't care at all about training camp, but I can at least understand if people want to START worrying once they've missed at least one day of camp.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
With the way guys train year round - does training camp even matter like it had 30 plus years ago?

I just want both signed long term and content.

Yes. For whatever reason, any guys who miss camp with injury or contract stuff all seem to struggle especially in the first half of the season. Not sure why, but it happens to way more players than it doesn't. The players that miss some time even talk about how they are behind the 8-ball so to speak and need a lot of time to catch up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad