Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He may not get a lot of pp1 time with kane and the cat

Probably rayzor and senk-show on pp2

It was DeBrincat, who had problems to fit on 1st PP at last season.

That Perron power-play role is hard to replace. Somebody has to win puck battles on the corners and behind the net. Larkin does it, but I think you need two of that type. That's why Compher was there at later part of the season. He also took that net-front role more, I don't like Larkin there at all, because it's the toughest role to get hurt.

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
It was DeBrincat, who had problems to fit on 1st PP at last season.

That Perron power-play role is hard to replace. Somebody has to win puck battles on the corners and behind the net. Larkin does it, but I think you need two of that type. That's why Compher was there at later part of the season. He also took that net-front role more, I don't like Larkin there at all, because it's the toughest role to get hurt.

I could see Ray in that 2nd point spot but I like him better down low. I think we'll see one of Ray/DBC and Tank/Kane on each powerplay. I want to utilize our RH shots so that we can appropriately get one timers off. With that said I felt like Kane and DBC fell into the one timer trap last year and it was one of the reasons why they struggled so much together. Kane needs to prioritize shooting more, and DBC was at his best last season when he was both shooting and playmaking.

We could go a little crazy and go back to a slightly more old school PP system on one of the PPs. Run Ras as the net front and go with two dmen. (Assuming none of the forward kids make the team). It would give us two righties on each PP. Use the Larkin unit to get us established in the zone and the Kane unit to keep it there. Could switch Ed and Gus, but we do need a shooter on that 2 dman unit. So either Seider will need to shoot more or Eds gonna need to be able to blast it.

DBC-Larkin-Tank
Ed- Compher

Kane-Ras-Ray
Gus-Seider

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"In the 1989 movie Major League, the right fielder Pedro Cerrano turns to his voodoo sprit Jobu for aid during the season. 35 years later hockey doesn't really have a Jobu, but if it did, I think all Red Wings fans everywhere would be lighting cigars and pouring rum for the idols on their mantlepieces, trying to convince Jobu that it would be a good idea if he could convince Seider and Raymond to both sign with the Wings, and soon." - Plausible Keats

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve been repeatedly told by site experts that SY is optimizing his negotiation time to get the best possible deal for the team.
1725751276273.gif

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I’ve been repeatedly told by site experts that SY is optimizing his negotiation time to get the best possible deal for the team.
I mean, them not being signed only means he has not met their demands. Doesn’t mean he won’t eventually cave when the players won’t budge and he’s out of options

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I mean, them not being signed only means he has not met their demands. Doesn’t mean he won’t eventually cave when the players won’t budge and he’s out of options
Yzerman has options - not favorable…They can sit out for the season, or possibly be traded…Doubtful if it’ll get that far, but you never know.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Yzerman has options - not favorable…They can sit out for the season, or possibly be traded…Doubtful if it’ll get that far, but you never know.
We waited all spring, summer and now into the fall for contracts we all agreed needed to be done. We still have a week or two left to reap the reward of the months of negotiations and the waiting game.

We waited all spring, summer and now into the fall for contracts we all agreed needed to be done. We still have a week or two left to reap the reward of the months of negotiations and the waiting game.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

If Steve lets it get to that point, he will start getting flak from me. I don't believe their asks are so astronomical compared to peers to not just give them a deal.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm sticking with my gut, both get signed long term before camp and Larkin still has the highest cap hit afterwards.

Think minimum 5 years, hoping for 8.
Yeah - for better or worse - Yzerman seems old school and believes in a hierarchy where you need to earn your roster spot and paycheck.

He’s likely standing firm on neither of them will make more than Larkin…I tend to agree with this take.

Reactions: saska sault

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Well, Seider deserves more than Faber imo and Raymond deserves more than Jarvis imo. Right now I'm positive SY is not offering that

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Hey guys,

Reading the last couple pages it seems like no concrete info coming out.
Was wondering if you're starting to worry about Seider and/or Raymond having poor seasons if it drags into camp. The NHL is full of star players whose worst season was the one where their negotiations dragged into camp and they showed up behind the 8 ball and never quite caught up.

Actually happened to us a bit with Petey a couple years ago.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Hey guys,

Was wondering if you're starting to worry about Seider and/or Raymond having poor seasons if it drags into camp. The NHL is full of star players whose worst season was the one where their negotiations dragged into camp and they showed up behind the 8 ball and never quite caught up.

It seems like most people believe they will be signed before camp. At the very least one will be imo. We have 3 guys unsigned. Something will give before camp for someone.

Surprisingly a lot less people worried than I would think

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It seems like most people believe they will be signed before camp. At the very least one will be imo. We have 3 guys unsigned. Something will give before camp for someone.

That's now referred to as the Yzerman Effect...

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Officially worried. Not that they won't get signed. But that whatever happens will not be team friendly.
guessing they will sign before Dec 1 deadline but i think either or both not being there from start of training camp will throw a wrench in both the team n that player's season.

As for SY not getting at least a fair RFA deal, ill believe when i see it

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

I think because overall Raymond, Seider and Yzerman all have positive reports of each other, the team culture, their views on the city of Detroit and the organization.. there's not any signs that there is a massive disconnect. Just a lack of contract. I think if they both get here for training camp and things start to get underway and they are not on the ice.. then the worrying becomes a legitimate thing for a lot of fans, myself included. Until then, I view it as a formality and they need to iron out the details in person when they all get together.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Naah, it's not like that.

Yzerman will want certains caphit for them. If the ask and comparables for 8-year deals are too high, he will cut the deals in term. Maybe one is enough, but we don't know which one is more probable.

It's pretty much as simple as that.

Nothing has changed. Yzerman will want to fix that defence (Top4 RD), and leave some cap room, for in-season moves. The tool is the cut term, to get the caphits he will want.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Hey guys,

Seider, no. Raymond yes. His agent has apparently been more vocal.

My guess is Seider’s deal puts him on par with Larkin while Raymond’s agent might be asking for 2018 Willy Nylander money or something stupid. The first two years of that deal were 8.7 and 9 mil.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

My guess is Seider’s deal puts him on par with Larkin while Raymond’s agent might be asking for 2018 Willy Nylander money or something stupid. The first two years of that deal were 8.7 and 9 mil.
Wasn't that just to make up for missing part of the season? Jack up the overall value so with the missed paychecks he still gets the same amount. He missed a 1/3rd of the season so at the start his salary was jacked up so from Dec 1st through the end he'd make the same as if he hadn't missed 27 games.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Nylander scored 0.73 points per game during his ELC. Raymond has scored... 0.73 points per game.

That 6.9M equivalent deal from 2018-19 is 7.7M against nowadays cap.

Think the ballpark is quite right. It was a 6-year del for Nylander.

With 7 or 8-year deals it would be 8.05M (7-year) or 8.47M (8-year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad