Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
How much leverage does Raymond even have other than signing an offer sheet? And are we sold on his production ASCENDING? Because a big raise implies him scoring A LOT more...
Big raise? Yes he will get a big raise after an elc.

A 70 point player makes 8m now.

So if he wants 8x8 he literally can just keep producing how he did last season. Anything extra is a bargain, and anything less an overpayment.

That's how long term deals with young players work, risk/reward

Reactions: SirloinUB

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

So if he wants 8x8 he literally can just keep producing how he did last season. Anything extra is a bargain, and anything less an overpayment.

I think he wants more than this with the cap going up. My thing is he has only done these numbers exactly once...

Reactions: FMichael

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I think Raymond could go to KHL.

Just saw some videos of Ukrainian rockets flying and hitting near Moscow. Maybe that's the nice place to live and play hockey, if Yzerman offer isn't enough.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Literally just going off this:

Yeah, I don't value a single thing that detroithockeynow has ever said. Maybe I'm conflating it with RWC or that other dime store newspaper "columnist" who tried stirring up some "credibility" by getting into a twitter/article spat with Drew Sharp before he passed.

They're all the same level of schlock receptacle reporting that I place no value in. They either report stuff LONG after it's confirmed or they throw shit against the wall and hope to eventually run into a story. It would be like taking hockeybuzz and Eklund to be legitimate journalism.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, I don't value a single thing that detroithockeynow has ever said. Maybe I'm conflating it with RWC or that other dime store newspaper "columnist" who tried stirring up some "credibility" by getting into a twitter/article spat with Drew Sharp before he passed.

They're all the same level of schlock receptacle reporting that I place no value in. They either report stuff LONG after it's confirmed or they throw shit against the wall and hope to eventually run into a story. It would be like taking hockeybuzz and Eklund to be legitimate journalism.
They were just quoting this Swedish article mentioned in the thread:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
They were just quoting this Swedish article mentioned in the thread:

The problem is he did put the actual quote in his article:

“Today there is no proposal that is equal”

And then stated this as if it were fact or an additional quote, which it is not:

"the Raymond camp is saying that there currently is no common ground in place for the framework of a new contract"

That is garbage "journalism"

Reactions: HisNoodliness

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think Raymond could go to KHL.

Just saw some videos of Ukrainian rockets flying and hitting near Moscow. Maybe that's the nice place to live and play hockey, if Yzerman offer isn't enough.
Nuc2obB.gif

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
From where we were 3 years ago I am happy we can hand out these massive contracts because these two are worth it. When these contracts get signed it should be celebrated. We’re finally a serious hockey club

The floor for Raymond and Seider in their prime is basically 70-80 points for Raymond and 50-70 points for Seider. That’s pretty good for 8M right there any further development which is likely and wings are in great shape

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Loved RWC which was run by the late Matthew Wuest. They had a lot of great content.

I appreciate Bob Duff, but he has lost connections. The other thing here really is that Yzerman speaks to nobody. I used to have some decent connections on the team, even pretty connected people now say they have no idea. It really isn’t to be known by the public. Yzerman is pretty honest in the five times a year he talks to the media. But if you hear a leak it isn’t them is my experience this deep into his leadership. It could turn out right but nobody said shit from Detroit’s end…

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
  • Earlier today, The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta relayed that the Red Wings were making progress on a long-term contract for RFA winger Lucas Raymond. Later in the day, he added (Twitter link) that Detroit and RFA Moritz Seider are also working away at a long-term pact. The 23-year-old has been a key cog on the back end for the last three seasons, recording at least 42 points while logging over 22 minutes a night in each of them. Detroit has over $17MM in cap room, per PuckPedia, which should be enough to get both key youngsters signed to long-term agreements.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad