Value of: Raymond Offer sheet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Seider and Raymond are in Germany last I heard.
Assuming they wil have to wait for work visas once the re-sign

Yeah, those two and Andreas Larsson is working out together as far as I know. I'm not too worried. Bigger contracts usually takes a bit longer to get worked out. Especially when it's multiple one's.

I don't think they have to wait for work visas. Those are usually applied in any case since they are counting on returning to NA.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Perfetti really is the only RFA left, you could see an offer sheet ever working for.

There’s a lot of mixed feelings about him. If there’s someone out there who thinks he’s trending to be a legit 2C for the next decade, they might be willing to hand him an offer that could end up an anchor of a contract for the Jets, if he doesn’t become that. The Kotkaniemi type thing but at an even higher AAV. Something the Jets would have to really, really think about.

I’d almost bet though, if they truly are far apart in negotiations, they’ve started taking calls on him, because with St Louis doing what they did, other teams are going to be more willing to do an Offer Sheet. They wouldn’t be fair to themselves, if they didn’t see what he’s worth around the league.

We’ll see.
As a Jets fan, I don’t ever see Perfetti as a 2C. He has an incredibly high IQ as well as great vision and passing, but doesn’t have the footwork/speed or size that I believe you need to be a T6 C in this league. That said, I think he will make a great winger in the T6 and on the PP.
I also think he has more upside than JK and If an OS came along, it would have to depend on who it came from, but with the way both Chevy and Cole have handled themselves and the media lately, I think that a contract is already agreed upon and just waiting for the right moment to announce it.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
First tell me what you guys have under your sleeve so I can figure out if it can work or not
Cap space and the ability to create more of it.

The trick to offersheets is that the team making the offer has to be willing to live with it should the original team walk away. I don't see a team with the cap space and willingness to pay Raymond (or Seider) at an AAV that the Wings wouldn't just match.

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

The trick to offersheets is that the team making the offer has to be willing to live with it should the original team walk away. I don't see a team with the cap space and willingness to pay Raymond (or Seider) at an AAV that the Wings wouldn't just match.
Fine

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Utah Jazz 9.15 Million 1 or 2 year term.

Re sign him at same cap hit or a bit lower for 8 years.

1st 2nd and 3rd.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Okay here's the play.

2 Years 9.15 Million

Columbus Blue Jackets pay a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd.

I believe Flyers have 2025 2nd. Blue Jackets trade a 2027 2nd and 2026 4th for the 2nd back.

Does Detroit Match?

This is for Lucas Raymont not Seider.

Honestly Seider should be getting 10+ 8 years.

How do you not get "If the offer sheet isn't absolutely ridiculous, it's not going to work"?

If it's something that you can stomach, it's something Detroit can stomach.

And hell no, Moritz Seider does not deserve 10Mx8 currently. He just doesn't. There is nothing to support that when players of his ilk have signed to 8x8 or 8x8.5. And the full freight UFA 1D contracts currently have been 9.5M.

There is no planet on which Mortiz Seider is making $10M in 2025 unless some team goes absolutely insane and offersheets him.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Wings would match easily.

What I don't understand is how Yzerman can play hardball with his young cornerstone players while also being the GM to overpay veterans and mid tier roster players. Makes no sense to me.

Because that is how the CBA operates. And the hardball he';s playing with young cornerstone players will see them get paid around double any contract he gave to the veterans.

You have leverage with RFAs because of the way that the collective bargaining agreement is written. You don't have that with UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad