Value of: Raymond Offer sheet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Hmm very valid point, with a prospect pool like that you guys could easily shed someone like Copp (and you've already dumped Walman this offseason) and afford to match without batting an eye, when there's prospects ready to fit most roles (Kasper for C, ASP for RHD, Wallinder/ Johannson for LHD).

Copp isn't going anywhere. He isn't a fan favorite but he's usefull. Husso, Holl, Petry to waivers would all happen first IMO.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Aside from the fact that Detroit matches this gleefully, I guess I don't get why MTL would want to throw an offer sheet at a winger with Slaf/Caufield/Laine/Demidov in the organization.

Seems like if they were gonna throw an offer sheet at somebody, there are greater needs.
they should offer sheet a fan base :sarcasm:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I do wonder if Utah should just bite the bullet and do it. After all their pickups this summer, they're on the verge of being a bubble team so unlikely to be in a position to draft a Raymond-level talent again. Add in that they lack a bona fide bookend to Keller and Cooley on L1, and it makes sense to me:

Raymond-Cooley-Keller
Crouse-Kerfoot-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Hayton-Doan
McBain-Bjugstad-Guenther
Stenlund, O'Brien

Sergachev-Marino
Valimaki-Durzi
Cole-Kesselring
Soderstrom

Vejmelka
Ingram

That's an incredibly deep team with no real weaknesses outside of missing a clear #1 D. Even still I expect them to be a competitive club all year long, and could maybe turn some of their prospect capital and NHL depth into that player before the season is over.
That C depth is putrid and 100% a weak spot

Reactions: theVladiator

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Hmm very valid point, with a prospect pool like that you guys could easily shed someone like Copp (and you've already dumped Walman this offseason) and afford to match without batting an eye, when there's prospects ready to fit most roles (Kasper for C, ASP for RHD, Wallinder/ Johannson for LHD).

I have nothing to back this up but at this point the only sense I can make of the Walman trade is that something happened and they wanted him out of the locker room.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea that of all the people we decided to attach a 2nd round pick to dump, Walman was it.

Side note: ASP is at least 1, if not two years away from being ready.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
That C depth is putrid and 100% a weak spot

I don't think so at all. In fact, they have too many Cs right now with Cooley, Kerfoot, Hayton, Bjugstad, Stenlund, and McBain all being NHL players. I do expect Kerfoot and Bjugstad to be traded at the deadline, but Cooley/Hayton/McBain is a great U25 group to build around. If Hayton flops then maybe they're in a spot of trouble, but they'll have the cap space this and next summer to address that via FA if they want to.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don't think so at all. In fact, they have too many Cs right now with Cooley, Kerfoot, Hayton, Bjugstad, Stenlund, and McBain all being NHL players. I do expect Kerfoot and Bjugstad to be traded at the deadline, but Cooley/Hayton/McBain is a great U25 group to build around. If Hayton flops then maybe they're in a spot of trouble, but they'll have the cap space this and next summer to address that via FA if they want to.
That’s great that they have a lot of them.

The highest scorer out of the bunch last season was Bjugstad with a whopping…. 45pts

It's essentially 4 2Cs so hard to call it "putrid". There is no top-end centre there, though.

Cooley likely becomes that player sooner than later.
It’s 4 3cs… the highest point total of the bunch was 45pts

Cooley may get there, but was t any good outside of the PP last season.

Reactions: theVladiator

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
What does that have to do with Petry though?
Petry waiving his NMC to be traded away from his hometown team in likely his final NHL season is about as likely as Talbot winning the Vezina. Sure... if... but highly highly unlikely.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Petry waiving his NMC to be traded away from his hometown team in likely his final NHL season is about as likely as Talbot winning the Vezina. Sure... if... but highly highly unlikely.

We can dream, let us dream of a better blueline option.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
That’s great that they have a lot of them.

The highest scorer out of the bunch last season was Bjugstad with a whopping…. 45pts

It’s 4 3cs… the highest point total of the bunch was 45pts

Cooley may get there, but was t any good outside of the PP last season.

45 points is 2C territory.

76 "centers" hit that threshold but that includes several guys who play primarily/exclusively on the wing like Barbashev, Jeff Skinner, Necas, Terravainen, Palmieri, Coleman, Toffoli, Kyrou, Nyquist, Verhaghae, jarvis, Guentzle, Pavelski, Schmaltz, and a couple of others

Apolgies for a few botched spellings in there.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
45 points is 2C territory.

76 "centers" hit that threshold but that includes several guys who play primarily/exclusively on the wing like Barbashev, Jeff Skinner, Necas, Terravainen, Palmieri, Coleman, Toffoli, Kyrou, Nyquist, Verhaghae, jarvis, Guentzle, Pavelski, Schmaltz, and a couple of others

Apolgies for a few botched spellings in there.
76th would put a player solidly in the 3C tier. Of course that’s not even counting the centers that were pacing 45 points but missed a few games due to injury.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Okay here's the play.

2 Years 9.15 Million

Columbus Blue Jackets pay a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd.

I believe Flyers have 2025 2nd. Blue Jackets trade a 2027 2nd and 2026 4th for the 2nd back.

Does Detroit Match?

This is for Lucas Raymont not Seider.

Honestly Seider should be getting 10+ 8 years.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Okay here's the play.

2 Years 9.15 Million

Columbus Blue Jackets pay a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd.

I believe Flyers have 2025 2nd. Blue Jackets trade a 2027 2nd and 2026 4th for the 2nd back.

Does Detroit Match?
Yes. 4 1sts, would get the Wings thinking hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad