Value of: Raymond Offer sheet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I struggle to come up an offer sheet for Raymond (or Seider) that the Wings wouldn't instantly match.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Dont ser it.

As we sae, and I've said on here before, the players to target with offer sherts are the secondary players that you can get for a 2nd or 3rd .

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Wings match.
OP: If offersheet is more more than 5 years, you take the total compensation/5 to determine the compensation. The OS contract you're suggesting is $9.5M AAV which translates to 2x1st, 2nd, 3rd round DP.

Wings match the OP's offer and say thank you for taking care of our business for us.

Offersheets typically only work if the signing team evaluation of the player is significantly greater than the original team. The OP is offersheeting Raymond something around a "market value" contract for a 1st line winger, which is likely the Wings evaluation. For the Wings not to match, the Habs would have to be paying Raymond like a star winger ($10.5+) to have a chance. Even then, they're likely to make other moves to free up space to make this work, because the Hab's picks would likely be 3-4 years away from contributing to the Wings, and they're looking to compete now.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
As a Habs fan i would Offer sheet Raymond.

7,9mil x 6 years
Giving up a first, 2nd and third in 2025.
Detroit have enough cap space They got 17 M in cap space for Seider Raymond and Bergreen so I don't see an offer sheet for any of these players.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Detroit have enough cap space They got 17 M in cap space for Seider Raymond and Bergreen so I don't see an offer sheet for any of these players.
If the team has the cap space to match, highly unlikely another team even tries it. MTL tried it with SB money and it was matched as the cap hit wasn't insane.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You think DET wouldn't match this?? They likely offer over 7.9 or MORE with MORE years without an offer sheet threat.
The offer sheet compensation would be based on 7.9 x 6 / 5 years
So based on 9.48 million
So would cost more in picks.
But agree they would match.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
As a Habs fan i would Offer sheet Raymond.

7,9mil x 6 years
Giving up a first, 2nd and third in 2025.

Raymond isn't signing that offer sheet. He can easily get 8 years and more money from the Wings. You have to give him an offer that he thinks he can't get from his own team for that to work. That contract length is also potentially awful for Raymond. He's 22, so that contract brings him to 29, where his play might already be in decline.

He's either signing a massive contract now, or he's taking a bridge deal to 26ish and singing a massive contract then.

Reactions: Kahvi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The ony thing that would sweat the Wings would be a larger scale version of what happened to the Oilers. Two offer sheets targeting Seider and Raymond (coming from different teams in this case)

Something like 11M x 7 for Seider and 9.5M x 7 for Raymond would get them sweating.
Wings match anything outside of the four 1sts compensation tier easily

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The ony thing that would sweat the Wings would be a larger scale version of what happened to the Oilers. Two offer sheets targeting Seider and Raymond (coming from different teams in this case)

Something like 11M x 7 for Seider and 9.5M x 7 for Raymond would get them sweating.
The offer sheets would have less term, as anything over 5 , costs more in compensation. Scroll back to read about it.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013

Even that barely puts them over the cap and is still a very manageable situation. This isn't remotely close to the Oilers' predicament for multiple reasons.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
what's a contract comp for Raymond right now that his agent is using?

tough to keep up with signings.

Not an exact comparison but Boldy got 7x7 and Raymond has proven more than Boldy and on a bigger sample size than him too... cap is also higher now and expected to go up more....my guess is Raymond is wanting a minimum of 8.5

Caufield got 7.85x8 and also had proven less and over a smaller sample size at time of signing as well.

Stutzle might be a better comparable but I think he plays C and W so is more valuable

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Not an exact comparison but Boldy got 7x7 and Raymond has proven more than Boldy and on a bigger sample size than him too... cap is also higher now and expected to go up more....my guess is Raymond is wanting a minimum of 8.5

I know they have similar stats, but Raymond has a lot more star power and potential than Boldy. Raymond led his team in scoring and just plays with more energy. He'll bring back a bigger pay cheque.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I know they have similar stats, but Raymond has a lot more star power and potential than Boldy. Raymond led his team in scoring and just plays with more energy. He'll bring back a bigger pay cheque.

Agreed, he will definitely exceed Boldy's AAV.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
MTL doesn't have the cap space after the Laine signing.
I don’t think Raymond would sign that contract. He likely expects a lot more. Plus, don’t offer sheets’ compensation factor in the total dollars?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Lol, I bet you would.

Honestly, from my third-party POV, Raymond is the most important piece on the DRW roster. Seider is second, and Larkin is third.

I absolutely love that kids game. He's going to get a lot better.

He broke into the picture from being a distant third, but positionally alone, the #1C and #1RHD are gonna have significant edge in value.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don’t think Raymond would sign that contract. He likely expects a lot more. Plus, don’t offer sheets’ compensation factor in the total dollars?

Total value of the contract divided by 5, which, in this case, is $9.48M.

Even breaking into the two 1sts range, Detroit easily matches at a $7.9M cap hit.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Total value of the contract divided by 5, which, in this case, is $9.48M.

Even breaking into the two 1sts range, Detroit easily matches at a $7.9M cap hit.
Thanks for the clarification. I’d think Detroit would be ecstatic to get Raymond at that cap hit. He’s going to be a 10+ allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad