WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
RAW was already ahead of Smackdown quality wise, but Gunther/Priest getting hot so quickly gives this show another leg up.

Gunther is going to be such a good world champ. He is uniquely good obnoxious, cocky heel.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I feel like Priest/Gunther needs to end in a f***ed finish with Finn causing a DQ.

... Feel like they'd invested too much in Priest trying to prove he's a fighting champion to have him retain every time by interference and then lose clean. He's not getting that belt back for awhile once he loses it. He probably needs a slightly longer run. Divert Gunther to Finn while Priest gets a few more defenses and then Gunther can go over Priest in the Fall.

Then again they're probably not letting Gunther walk into Berlin without that belt...

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Also feel like Drew vs. Punk needs to be Drew jumping Punk in his entrance and a brawl leading to a Drew beatdown of Punk with no match... But Rollins added as the ref probably prevents that from happening.

And the story of Seth being as mad at Drew as he is at Punk doesn't really fit considering he literally mouthed "You f***ing deserve it" to Drew at WM.

... It'd actually be kinda funny if Drew started beating the piss out of Punk during his entrance, Rollins corralled Drew. and then changed his mind and joined in. You don't gotta make them a team, just two guys who hate the same guy.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also feel like Drew vs. Punk needs to be Drew jumping Punk in his entrance and a brawl leading to a Drew beatdown of Punk with no match... But Rollins added as the ref probably prevents that from happening.

And the story of Seth being as mad at Drew as he is at Punk doesn't really fit considering he literally mouthed "You f***ing deserve it" to Drew at WM.

... It'd actually be kinda funny if Drew started beating the piss out of Punk during his entrance, Rollins corralled Drew. and then changed his mind and joined in. You don't gotta make them a team, just two guys who hate the same guy.
Don’t know why you’d sell a PLE match with 6 month build and then not do it

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Why would I delete it?

This is Summerslam, what bigger event are you saving it for?
-mod edit-

Anyways, why blow off something you don't need to blow off right away? Drew seething and not being able to control himself to attack Punk before the match makes sense. It's a heel move, so it makes sense. It gets heat. And it allows them to delay the first match to a later date and sell another event.

Let it be the main event and close the show. It likely wont be at SS if Cody/Solo results in a Roman return, and a Roman return would definitely overshadow it.

Honestly, it'd be a hard stretch to get to October, but first Punk vs. Drew match main eventing the first NBC Special on their new contract would probably be their biggest draw, short of Roman wrestling on TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
-mod edit-

Anyways, why blow off something you don't need to blow off right away? Drew seething and not being able to control himself to attack Punk before the match makes sense. It's a heel move, so it makes sense. It gets heat. And it allows them to delay the first match to a later date and sell another event.

Let it be the main event and close the show. It likely wont be at SS if Cody/Solo results in a Roman return, and a Roman return would definitely overshadow it.

Honestly, it'd be a hard stretch to get to October, but first Punk vs. Drew main eventing the first NBC Special on their new contract would probably be their biggest draw, short of Roman wrestling on TV.
They’re going to sell it anyways and they have their site fees set. They could bring those guys out in a playboy pillow fight, next time and be just as well off. False advertising is a no-go, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They’re going to sell it anyways and they have their site fees set. They could bring those guys out in a playboy pillow fight, next time and be just as well off. False advertising is a no-go, though.

They false advertise all the time lol. The match was confirmed less than two weeks before the event and fans don't complain if you give them a good angle.

This was done years ago between Ambrose and Rollins to lead to a bigger match. (In fact, I think it was HIAC) Admittedly, I don't remember the PPV.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They false advertise all the time lol. The match was confirmed less than two weeks before the event and fans don't complain if you give them a good angle.

This was done years ago between Ambrose and Rollins to lead to a bigger match. (In fact, I think it was HIAC) Admittedly, I don't remember the PPV.
They were doing Roman vs. Rusev at Summerslam in Brooklyn and didn’t start the match. That was with different creative.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They were doing Roman vs. Rusev at Summerslam in Brooklyn and didn’t start the match. That was with different creative.

Not really different creative just a different boss. Granted, that does change everything.

I don't think the crowd pitches a bitch if you have a good beatdown/brawl angle in place of an advertised match. Hell, they didn't give a shit what the live crowd thought when Punk screwed Drew in the main event in Scotland.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not really different creative just a different boss. Granted, that does change everything.

I don't think the crowd pitches a bitch if you have a good beatdown/brawl angle in place of an advertised match. Hell, they didn't give a shit what the live crowd thought when Punk screwed Drew in the main event in Scotland.
They definitely will it may be the biggest match on the show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad