OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Without any solid history of how future NFL QBs go in their first taste of the big games, I feel like getting overwhelmed the first time you hit really talented defences at that age and level is fine. Question is whether you see a big jump in the guy once he's got his feet wet.

As for where he goes... well, right now it feels like he's somewhere between QB 5 and 10. I'm not expecting QB5 to go top 15 most drafts. I feel like he needs to keep improving to be top 15. I think there's decent evidence for big tool guys whose between the ears stuff scares NFL evaluators to go later. A decent way to pose this question is what about his tools separates him from Will Levis?
Levis has amazing tools but they’re not as natural as Allar’s if that makes sense. Like Levis feels a lot more robotic, like a weapon of an athlete that plays QB. Allar is more “QB that is gifted”.

Idk Brugler had him 5th preseason behind Shedeur (not a fan excluding all the noise), Beck, Weigman, and Ewers. I think it’s not hard to see him rising above Shedeur and Weigman.

Funnily enough he says to expect Levis comparisons when I don’t see that at all. I see pre injury Wentz, some Big Ben style wise.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Yeah not super optimistic Russ plays

1725656503070.png

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'm sorry, but this contract and the Heyward contract are waste of tremendous amount of cap space. Why keep a core together that wins nothing?
Both extensions have team options they can get out of if they want. Plus they have to spend money eventually with the new cba rules
Muth is the wr 2 for this season and Cam will rotate and his deal is up when they are ready to pay Benton.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Both extensions have team options they can get out of if they want. Plus they have to spend money eventually with the new cba rules

So you're on the inside, and speak to him on a daily basis right? How cool is cool dude Tomlin? Like is he cool or is he coool?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Muth is the wr 2 for this season and Cam will rotate and his deal is up when they are ready to pay Benton.
They're paying Cam for what he did in the past, he won't live up to his cap this number. Muth has never been close to a top 10 TE and they're now paying him like one. Don't like either contract, in fact I'm bordering on hating both.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So you're on the inside, and speak to him on a daily basis right? How cool is cool dude Tomlin? Like is he cool or is he coool?
No its how they structured them ok otc you can see the new money is a roster bonus for Cam

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They're paying Cam for what he did in the past, he won't live up to his cap this number. Muth has never been close to a top 10 TE and they're now paying him like one. Don't like either contract, in fact I'm bordering on hating both.
Yes he was a top 7 te in almost all categories in his rookie year with Ben.
His first 3 seasons he has more catches and yards then Miller did in his first 3 years. Miller has him by 7 tds

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yes he was a top 7 te in almost all categories in his rookie year with Ben.
His first 3 seasons he has more catches and yards then Miller did in his first 3 years. Miller has him by 7 tds
Ok. SO you're paying him like a top 5 TE based on projection? And I haven't even started in on the fact that he's saft and injury prone.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Ok. SO you're paying him like a top 5 TE based on projection? And I haven't even started in on the fact that he's saft and injury prone.
No i didn’t say top 5 he is not making top 5 money he is 9th right about shultz and behind kemet. He has missed 5 games in his career because of injuries

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I don't understand how you can complain about the Heyward contract. He actually took a slight yearly paycut and just going by AAV is T-28th among defensive lineman. He's probably never going to be an All-Pro caliber guy again, but top 30? That's like Dalvin Tomlinson money. Additionally, he doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money due in 2025 and 2026, so they can cut bait if his play does fall off a cliff without a lot of dead money against the cap.

I mean Muth was 6th in targets, yards, and receptions among TE's in 2022. He won't have a top 10 contract either in like 2-3 years time. Laporta, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Kincaid, Pitts are all going to get paid. If he stays healthy, he's going to be 2nd on the team in every receiving category. It's a reasonable contract.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Haven’t been on here as much lately so just a few quick hitters:

-Steelers will be meh. Just tank, FFS. The 8-9 win seasons are boring.

-Mark Madden’s “new format” is genius. He swung twice the time off for the same pay and less work. There’s this guise of him “trading off” by doing an extra hour for part of the year but that’s an easy hour because there’s a cohost and his 5-6 hour is basically all just replaying earlier stuff.

-Boy, this is looking like it’s going to be a rough year for all you Penn State haters. I know - gotta beat Ohio St, Franklin bad vs. top teams, etc… but the D is still elite, and this OC is different. And he’s bringing out the best in Allar. Drew Drew 🚂

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This field in Brazil is such a joke :laugh:. Slip n slide. How does a $100 billion dollar league continually let this happen?

By caring more about dollars than its product.

Been a great game after that first quarter though.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don't understand how you can complain about the Heyward contract. He actually took a slight yearly paycut and just going by AAV is T-28th among defensive lineman. He's probably never going to be an All-Pro caliber guy again, but top 30? That's like Dalvin Tomlinson money. Additionally, he doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money due in 2025 and 2026, so they can cut bait if his play does fall off a cliff without a lot of dead money against the cap.

I mean Muth was 6th in targets, yards, and receptions among TE's in 2022. He won't have a top 10 contract either in like 2-3 years time. Laporta, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Kincaid, Pitts are all going to get paid. If he stays healthy, he's going to be 2nd on the team in every receiving category. It's a reasonable contract.
Because they should have cut him this offseason and been more aggressive building out the roster. I'll bet anything that Cam comes nowhere living up to his 22 million cap hit this season.

They keep their buddies, guys that make it easy on them. They're not pressured to win and it shows with every decision.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Because they should have cut him this offseason and been more aggressive building out the roster. I'll bet anything that Cam comes nowhere living up to his 22 million cap hit this season.

They keep their buddies, guys that make it easy on them. They're not pressured to win and it shows with every decision.
His cap hit is 12.6 million dollars this year?

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
His cap hit is 12.6 million dollars this year?

Whatever their doing with the new contract is manipulation. They'll still have to pay that 10 deferred next season if they cut him next season. Still not addressing my POINT that Cam is DONE and should not be taking up so much salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad