WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
We can all sum it up.

It's bad.

This x100

I'll argue to the day I die that MITB should open both nights of Wrestlemania.

I'll argue till the day I die that MITB is stale and needs to be killed or at least shelved for awhile lol.

People were bitching about them wasting it on Drew losing like there's a pathway to a cash-in any time soon on either big belt.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'll argue till the day I die that MITB is stale and needs to be killed or at least shelved for awhile lol.

People were bitching about them wasting it on Drew losing like there's a pathway to a cash-in any time soon on either big belt.
I'm good with this as well.

Mainly because it's just a hilarious gongshow of cash in interruptions and arguing for 40 seconds with the ref that you're indeed cashing in.

MITB winner : "IM CASHING IN"
Ref "HUH, WHA?"
Ref "ARE YOU SURE!?"
MITB winner: "HURRY THE f*** UP!"
Ref "HUH! WHA?"
Ref "YOU'RE SURE, RIGHT?"
Ref "HUH!"
MITB winner: "JESUS f***, YES!"
Ref "HUH!"
Ref "YOURE POSITIVE THOUGH?"

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Mainly because it's just a hilarious gongshow of cash in interruptions and arguing for 40 seconds with the ref that you're indeed cashing in.

Ref "HUH, WHA?"
Ref "ARE YOU SURE!?"
Ref "HUH! WHA?"
Ref "HUH!"
Ref "HUH!"

This and I'm trying to remember if there's ever been a failed cash in that's actually looked good, and benefitted from failing. Drew is the exception having been screwed.

Nobody was getting a cash in win on either title in the next year. Cody's holding his belt until somebody meaningfully beats him. Priest's belt is probably destined for Gunther, whether it's at SS or a rematch in the coming months. And once Gunther gets it, he's gonna have it for AWHILE.

Then factor in that Cena is likely gonna play a huge role into the title picture around Mania season and beyond, and if he wins it, he sure as f*** isn't dropping it for the last time on a cash in. It's gonna be to put somebody over.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kinda funny how the October PLE has been HiaC fot a little bit now and is gonna still end up with HiaC matches. Drew vs Punk and Rhea vs Liv rematch from SS are two feeds that could get the cell. Hopefully after this the Cell doesn't stick an October event.

At least these two fueds are at a point where the cell makes sense, unlike how HiaC PLE would just force two feeds to get Cell matches for the event

We also haven't had a HIAC PPV since 2022 and the only cell match on that card was Cody/Seth with the torn pec. Last cell match in general was Mania 39 between Edge and Finn.

This year is an anniversary year for the first HIAC so I get wanting to do one and they have a number of feuds that have earned it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Ref "HUH, WHA?"
Ref "ARE YOU SURE!?"
Ref "HUH! WHA?"
Ref "HUH!"
Ref "HUH!"

Pretty clear the way they booked the men's briefcase this year that HHH did not want to bother with it for a year.

I do think it is his preference to put the concept on the shelf, but that PPV has always been a success for the company which is probably why it isn't going anywhere like the gimmick PPVs that got tossed in the trash.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This and I'm trying to remember if there's ever been a failed cash in that's actually looked good, and benefitted from failing. Drew is the exception having been screwed.

Nobody was getting a cash in win on either title in the next year. Cody's holding his belt until somebody meaningfully beats him. Priest's belt is probably destined for Gunther, whether it's at SS or a rematch in the coming months. And once Gunther gets it, he's gonna have it for AWHILE.

Then factor in that Cena is likely gonna play a huge role into the title picture around Mania season and beyond, and if he wins it, he sure as f*** isn't dropping it for the last time on a cash in. It's gonna be to put somebody over.

Would not surprise me at all if Cena/Gunther for the WHC is the Mania match though I could see him wrestling Cody instead depending on how all this Rock stuff pans out.

HHH very clearly did not want the briefcase floating around this year, he has concrete plans for the men's titles

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm guessing Tiffany cashes in on Bayley at Summerslam, holds the belt for a few months, drops it to a returning Charlotte, and then they try to do that Bianca/Charlotte match at Mania that they have wanted to do for a little bit now.

Smackdown is going to be a boring show for a long while outside Bloodline stuff.

RAW has the bulk of the interesting stories and the most interesting women's story.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Rabbit trail here, but I'm wondering if Cena's end date of December 2025 isn't a diversion.

That's just a totally random time to have him end his career, and I wonder if they don't do the Ric Flair "When you lose you retire" stipulation, but with Cena holding the belt up until Mania 42.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Would not surprise me at all if Cena/Gunther for the WHC is the Mania match though I could see him wrestling Cody instead depending on how all this Rock stuff pans out.

HHH very clearly did not want the briefcase floating around this year, he has concrete plans for the men's titles

I'm guessing Tiffany cashes in on Bayley at Summerslam, holds the belt for a few months, drops it to a returning Charlotte, and then they try to do that Bianca/Charlotte match at Mania that they have wanted to do for a little bit now.

Smackdown is going to be a boring show for a long while outside Bloodline stuff.

RAW has the bulk of the interesting stories and the most interesting women's story.
Cena vs Gunther would be fun, idk if John has taken that many chops before, but I guess it'd better than the squash against Brock at SS. Cena wins EC? I don't think Cena should win the rumble, but at least make it to the final 4. Cena is 100% main eventing Night 1 of Mania (his last)

Charlotte vs Jade and Bianca vs Rhea are my guesses. Come Mania there won't be any credible women on RAW for Rhea, unless maybe Iyo. They could do Face vs Face and just put on a banger. (I think we get Jade vs Bianca sooner but they might draw that out to this years

Punk vs Seth vs Drew triple Threat is gonna happen at Mania, I'd bet. They can have drew vs Punk, punk vs Seth, Seth vs Drew over the next few months plus all screwing eachother I the rumblenor EC to draw the story out.

Roman vs Rock and Cody vs Randy would be 2 great matches. Cody wouldn't main event either night though against Orton, but the fued would be amazing.

Still wanna see Rock vs Cody though, which probably needs the belt based off their last encounter, idk if Cody needs to hold the belt till next years Summer Slam for a Rock match

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Ehh, Triple H likes to slow burn, Tiffany is still very new to put the belt on, and honestly the MITB gimmick is tailor made for her character. I dunno that they take the briefcase off her that quickly.

And by new I don't mean she couldn't carry the belt... I just think in a lot of ways the new regime realizes they can't pull the trigger on accomplishments that early in your career, or what do you really have to chase after you've achieved everything?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rabbit trail here, but I'm wondering if Cena's end date of December 2025 isn't a diversion.

That's just a totally random time to have him end his career, and I wonder if they don't do the Ric Flair "When you lose you retire" stipulation, but with Cena holding the belt up until Mania 42.
It has to do with his project schedule. I'm sure he'd rather end it at Wrestlemania, but I guess he doesn't think that is possible.

Everyone knows the end date, so it would be dumb to do that kind of stip. Unless he gets hurt and has to get out.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Cena vs Gunther would be fun, idk if John has taken that many chops before, but I guess it'd better than the squash against Brock at SS. Cena wins EC? I don't think Cena should win the rumble, but at least make it to the final 4. Cena is 100% main eventing Night 1 of Mania (his last)

Charlotte vs Jade and Bianca vs Rhea are my guesses. Come Mania there won't be any credible women on RAW for Rhea, unless maybe Iyo. They could do Face vs Face and just put on a banger. (I think we get Jade vs Bianca sooner but they might draw that out to this years

Punk vs Seth vs Drew triple Threat is gonna happen at Mania, I'd bet. They can have drew vs Punk, punk vs Seth, Seth vs Drew over the next few months plus all screwing eachother I the rumblenor EC to draw the story out.

Roman vs Rock and Cody vs Randy would be 2 great matches. Cody wouldn't main event either night though against Orton, but the fued would be amazing.

Still wanna see Rock vs Cody though, which probably needs the belt based off their last encounter, idk if Cody needs to hold the belt till next years Summer Slam for a Rock match
Jade has no business being in a 1on1 match on a huge stage - especially not with someone known for sandbagging green wrestlers

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is it weird that there are only 2 matches official for SS and it's only 2.5 weeks away?

We have three. Both women's matches and Priest/Gunther.

Cody/Solo, LA Knight/Paul, and triple threat IC match I imagine will all be official between Friday and Monday.

Just leaves the Punk/Drew/Seth situation and how that shakes out.

That would be 7 matches, which in HHH's WWE is a jumbo card so doubt we get anything beyond that.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

We have three. Both women's matches and Priest/Gunther.

Cody/Solo, LA Knight/Paul, and triple threat IC match I imagine will all be official between Friday and Monday.

Just leaves the Punk/Drew/Seth situation and how that shakes out.

That would be 7 matches, which in HHH's WWE is a jumbo card so doubt we get anything beyond that.
Ah...the Baley match is buried on the page for some weird reason. I knew most of those would become matches... Just strange none are official with only a couple weeks left. A smaller PPV, sure, but one of the big 4 in front of a stadium crowd? Weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad