WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If only Gunther could cut promos like Erick Rowan. Holy smokes that was a great promo.
It was good, but recorded.

Gunther did a recorded vignette that was also good, and an in ring promo that was good as well

We will see what happens if and when Rowan gets a live mic. The Wyatt’s segment was excellent though

Reactions: BruinDust

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Isn't Roman Reigns a heel? He sure as shit was last time we saw him. Hasn't stop fans chanting for him.

If Gunther is as over as you think he is, should being a heel or face the last time we saw him even matter. Reality is, he hasn't been around much and doesn't seem like he's been missed by the majority of fans, at least the fans who don't just care about "great matches".

Face it, his monster champion gimmick is stale and he's not a main event level player yet. If you think he can keep running this tired gimmick without making some changes long term, he'll be in AEW before you know it.

Absurd fan engagement for his matches? Give me a break. What kind of bullshit is that. A bunch of "this is awesome' chants. Everyone gets those these days.

You seem like a bit of a Gunther fanboy so I'll stop there.

If you think Roman and Gunther are the same type of heel, I dunno what to tell you lol.

Gunther literally went out last night and called the fans "Street trash" and you're on here like "Well if he was REALLY good they'd cheer for him!" :laugh:

Reactions: Jussi

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you think Roman and Gunther are the same type of heel, I dunno what to tell you lol.

Gunther literally went out last night and called the fans "Street trash" and you're on here like "Well if he was REALLY good they'd cheer for him!" :laugh:

Where has Roman Reigns in the past 3 years done anything to try to appeal to the fans? Different type of heel? WTF are you talking about? At no point has Reigns tried to be a "cool heel" during this run since 2020.

Why are you so worked up over this? All I said was Gunther needs to tweak his character if he wants to get to the main event level. It's not a harsh criticism, at all. I commended his ring work.

Gunther came out last night and when his music hit he didn't get any heat as a heel. The reaction to his appearance was awfully quiet for someone who gets all this fan engagement you speak about.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
can we keep the title on priest gunther is jus so damn bland an boring last night proved it again . atleast priest is entertaiining

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Where has Roman Reigns in the past 3 years done anything to try to appeal to the fans? Different type of heel? WTF are you talking about? At no point has Reigns tried to be a "cool heel" during this run since 2020.

Why are you so worked up over this? All I said was Gunther needs to tweak his character if he wants to get to the main event level. It's not a harsh criticism, at all. I commended his ring work.

Gunther came out last night and when his music hit he didn't get any heat as a heel. The reaction to his appearance was awfully quiet for someone who gets all this fan engagement you speak about.

Roman doesn't come across as a "Cool heel"?

Lmao. OK.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Kinda funny how the October PLE has been HiaC fot a little bit now and is gonna still end up with HiaC matches. Drew vs Punk and Rhea vs Liv rematch from SS are two feeds that could get the cell. Hopefully after this the Cell doesn't stick an October event.

At least these two fueds are at a point where the cell makes sense, unlike how HiaC PLE would just force two feeds to get Cell matches for the event

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Kinda funny how the October PLE has been HiaC fot a little bit now and is gonna still end up with HiaC matches. Drew vs Punk and Rhea vs Liv rematch from SS are two feeds that could get the cell. Hopefully after this the Cell doesn't stick an October event.

At least these two fueds are at a point where the cell makes sense, unlike how HiaC PLE would just force two feeds to get Cell matches for the event

Gimmick PPVs are an old regime thing that needs to die.

Book the gimmick match to fit the feud. Stop booking the feud to try to fit a previously scheduled gimmick match.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Simon Miller sums up the new theme for Sheamus:

We can all sum it up.

It's bad.

Book the gimmick match to fit the feud. Stop booking the feud to try to fit a previously scheduled gimmick match.
This x100

I'll argue to the day I die that MITB should open both nights of Wrestlemania.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
We can all sum it up.

It's bad.

This x100

I'll argue to the day I die that MITB should open both nights of Wrestlemania.

This makes too much sense, it also simplifies the time frame the cash-in needs to happen in, instead of having to look up the date of the MITB show, you just know you have til the next WM to cash in

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This makes too much sense, it also simplifies the time frame the cash-in needs to happen in, instead of having to look up the date of the MITB show, you just know you have til the next WM to cash in
Especially when you consider that there are now two nights of wrestlemania. If it was just a one night show, sure, make keep the PPV.

Now that there's two nights and a mens and womens MITB, pick a night for either one.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the match type being a spot fest with a high rick of injuries, would make it too risky for Mania. If there are competitors with multiple matches during the weekend, for example, or the storyline involves a cash in but the winner has picked up a major injury in the match. Besides, HHH era mania have been booked at reasonable lengths and given room for multiple feuds and storyline during both nights, so putting i na gimmick match would take time from those.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I think the match type being a spot fest with a high rick of injuries, would make it too risky for Mania. If there are competitors with multiple matches during the weekend, for example, or the storyline involves a cash in but the winner has picked up a major injury in the match. Besides, HHH era mania have been booked at reasonable lengths and given room for multiple feuds and storyline during both nights, so putting i na gimmick match would take time from those.

There was a ladder match with 12 people in it just this past WM

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
For tag titles. Those are the type of matches that the gimmick was intended for.

I don't think the tag titles have ever been involved in a Money in the Bank Match

If you are talking about a regular ladder match, then only like 15 of the 77 non-mitb ladder matches involved tag teams, so that would be wrong also

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't think the tag titles have ever been involved in a Money in the Bank Match

If you are talking about a regular ladder match, then only like 15 of the 77 non-mitb ladder matches involved tag teams, so that would be wrong also
I mean ladder match.

Gotcha, so there's no risk there.
Nobody cares about tag teams and fans want them to kill leach other

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
MitB used to be a big part of Mania. It wad weird it got its own PLE. I'd be fine if it wasn't even yearly.

Rumble is an obvious gimmick PPV that should NEVER change. I'd say EC isn't terrible either since it basically sets up a fued or two for Mania as well. Provides some urgency to those who failed in the rumble but want their shot at a Mania match.

MitB has basically become part of the Big 4 at this point.
Survivor Series has always felt the lowest of the big 4 and now just feels like what HiaC was. "Ooop it's almost November, start to pivot feeds to War Games.

War Games and Chamber should go baxk to being sparsely used gimmick matches that can be pulled out for the right fued when needed

100% agree. I just find it a funny coincidence that this October we'll STILL get HiaC with a different event name, but it actually makes sense for the first time in years for two big feuds to get Cell matches for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad