WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
That was fairly tame for a Raw after Wrestlemania. Opening promo went on far too long even if Rock was hilarious and it planted seeds for the future.

Not a Jade fan so don't care for anything she does/will do.

Good main event. Drew is hilarious, Punk is going to be great in this feud, too.

I felt like they could have spotlighted Priest more after such a crowning achievment. They made Rhodes look like a huge deal but Priest felt like an afterthought to me.
Most of the post-mania Raws have been weak ever since they started acknowledging it after Lesnar's 2012 return.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
They’re not gonna to have gone through all this and have Cody drop the title after a few months.
In a round about way that might actually make sense seeing how none of big Dusty's NWA title reigns lasted very long:

- Rhodes defeated Harley Race for his 1st NWA Heavyweight Championship on August 21 - 1979 but lost it back to Race only 5 days later
- Rhodes defeated Race for his 2nd NWA Heavyweight Championship on June 21 - 1981 but lost the Championship less than 3 months later to Ric Flair
- Rhodes defeated Flair for his 3rd and final NWA Heavyweight Championship on July 26 - 1986 but Flair regained the Championship only 14 days later

So a short title reign might be just one more tribute Cody pays to Duhty. :dunno:

Reactions: MAHJ71

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
People might knock the Sandman making the save logic (why did Cena not come out from the start and allow his guys to take a beating) but just like Sandman it worked big so who cares it was great.

Just one of those wrestling things.

Like how the Bloodline guys only come out like 20 minutes into the match even though Roman is in danger earlier multiple times.

I wish they'd try a bit harder to shore some of this kind of stuff up but at this point if you're going to watch wrestling you just have to accept it lol.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Keys to the trailer that burned down, or bus or whatever it was. Eventually they’ll air footage of the fire and Rock will be involved somehow.

My guess was The Rock handed Cody a cigarette lighter or a book of matches. Letting Cody know that The Final Boss hates him enough to try and burn him alive in his own bus. Fits the whole "blurred reality" thing they have going.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My guess was The Rock handed Cody a cigarette lighter or a book of matches. Letting Cody know that The Final Boss hates him enough to try and burn him alive in his own bus. Fits the whole "blurred reality" thing they have going.
Yeah that works too. It's gotta be something along those lines though. Then it gives them time to shoot a quick re-shoot/re-enactment of it, with the rock casually walking by slightly out of focus in the background.

Reactions: BruinDust

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I have a bad feeling Bo picking up way Bray left off is gonna crash and burn hard, and go way longer than it should out of respect, to give him the opportunity.

Bray was great... But people forget that last run was pretty rough. Even The Fiend was rough for the last six months or so. Almost everybody came out of a program with Bray looking like a goof.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was always the problem with Bray was that everyone thought his vision and creativity was great, which it was, but then the match started, and after it no one was better off than they were before, and usually came out worse.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
That was always the problem with Bray was that everyone thought his vision and creativity was great, which it was, but then the match started, and after it no one was better off than they were before, and usually came out worse.

It wasn't just the match toward the end. The segments, complete with grown men having to pretend to be scared, were pretty rough from The Fiend on.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That stupid Mountain Dew blackout match was about the dumbest thing you could have done with Bray

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have a bad feeling Bo picking up way Bray left off is gonna crash and burn hard, and go way longer than it should out of respect, to give him the opportunity.

Bray was great... But people forget that last run was pretty rough. Even The Fiend was rough for the last six months or so. Almost everybody came out of a program with Bray looking like a goof.
I agree 100% with this.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
OOF :laugh:

Waller.png

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What would that have to do with the "don't break my heart again" comment though?

I have no idea about the broken heart thing. Maybe just a weird threat. It was an awkward segment that dragged a bit

The broken heart was about Cody taking the mania main event vs Roman and the title away from him. He still thinks they both should have been his.

If it was a lighter and he's the one who set the bus on fire it's a warning to Cody not to ever get in the way of what he wants ever again.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I kind of agree with his assesment that Nakamura is the new Ziggler, aka the gateway wrestler.

He is and until proven otherwise, seems to be fine with it. He's wrestling and doesn't need to do 30-minute 5-star matches in New Japan.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nakamura is enhancement talent at this point. Good if you need a babyface to have a decent match or quick feud to go over in. He should’ve had more success over the years but now he’s exactly where he should be IMO.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Nakamura is enhancement talent at this point. Good if you need a babyface to have a decent match or quick feud to go over in. He should’ve had more success over the years but now he’s exactly where he should be IMO.
It may not be forever, either. Sometimes, enhancement talent gets rewarded. Ultimate example is Miz. He'll job for a few years and all the sudden, gets a belt. Theory and Waller and Truth as well. Corbin too.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad