Rate Brad Treliving's TDL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How did Brad do this TDL?

• A+

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • A

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • A-

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • B+

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • B

Votes: 52 16.9%
  • B-

Votes: 32 10.4%
  • C+

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • C

Votes: 34 11.1%
  • C-

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • D

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • F

Votes: 48 15.6%

• Total voters

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Treliving - I feel we have enough in here to get where we need to get to

Current cup champs - We need more and will be adding Hanifin, Hertl, and Mantha.

To be fair, Treliving knows this team doesn't have it and of course will not say it out loud.

sometime when you trying to make too much move, your killing yourself and i think this season that will kill vegas in playoff.

when vegas finnally won it, wich move their made?

Barbashev : a complenmentary player

quick a 3rd string goalie.

last season it was oh wow watch NYR with their move, tarasenko, kane theybwill be unbeatable. at the end theybwas the wirst playoff team because thats just brpken team chemistry.

2 year ago it was florida, they was so good until they got swept in 2nd round. last year, nothing and they reach stanley cup final

the team who looking the most sexy at TDL rarely having succes in playoff. Will be pretty fun to watch Vegas this season but will not be surprise st all to see vegas out in 1st

Reactions: Kurtz

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He protected the “next wave” of Cowan, Minten, Knies and maybe that first rounder so the franchise still has a future. You have to respect that.

Precisely!

More importantly, I don't understand people who want to go all in and have Woll and Samsonov in net. Basically putting all of your eggs in one basket of a rookie goalie (Woll) and Samsonov

Reactions: hullsy47

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
"Let's be clear on the messaging... I feel we have enough in here to get where we need to get to, but it's up to the group that's in here."

He's almost certainly wrong on the first part, but 100% correct on the second.
I get it though, it's public messaging so of course he has to give them a vote of confidence. Privately though he has to see what we see, that this group ain't it.
If true, he won't be allowed to act on it unless Shanny gets fired and the Board has a change in philosophy.

Reactions: Ports

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What I like about Tre moves, 1. they all addressed a need. 2. He can resign all of them without overpaying them.
I see Dewar, Boosh and Edmundson all resigning with the Leafs, as long as the price is right and they play well. And signing them won't hurt the Leafs ability to big name hunt this summer too.

Reactions: Kurtz and Lemontree

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Those that don't perform in the playoffs will be moved out.

The writing is on the wall

I see big changes in the summer and some fans are going to be really upset with who gets shipped out.
I can definitely see that happening in the face of a round 1 exit or an anemic round 2 performance/exit. But what happens if the squad makes it to the conference final and gets embarrassed there? Is it a matter of tweaking or do they make the same moves? I'm torn on this one because we need to see what ultimately failed. Was it porous defense, lousy goaltending or a drought offensively?

Reactions: CelticDruid

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Dude only possible option for trading was Nylander. The other 3 had full NTCs and NMCs

Nylander's game has grown relative to the others. Lets see what he does in playoffs
Players with NMCs get traded all the time. When they fail this playoffs, as chances are they will, those players will still have NMCs and still need to be traded for this team to win. Then what?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Good. We don't need to lose anymore draft picks. Besides, how often do rentals work out for teams.

if you look at the Smythe winners they are all rentals don't you know

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

I lowkey liked the approach after he grabbed Dewar and D depth is solid now but voted C- as I feel we could have grabbed a Saros/Carrier combo a few weeks ago when Nashville was ready to sell and didn't pull off any gamechanging moves like most of the other top teams.

Biggest issue on the team remains goaltending, especially when we are guaranteed to run into Vezina winners/nominees along the way in the playoffs.

I think we will make our "big" move in the summer starting with a goalie and probably a top4 D; depending on whats available in the UFA pool and the off season trade market.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I like the three additions of Boosh, Dewar and even Edmundson well enough but I LOVE him not going big game hunting and trading prospects or high draft picks. Not the year to make the all in moves. Let's live or die with what's in the room.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
sometime when you trying to make too much move, your killing yourself and i think this season that will kill vegas in playoff.

when vegas finnally won it, wich move their made?

Barbashev : a complenmentary player

quick a 3rd string goalie.

last season it was oh wow watch NYR with their move, tarasenko, kane theybwill be unbeatable. at the end theybwas the wirst playoff team because thats just brpken team chemistry.

2 year ago it was florida, they was so good until they got swept in 2nd round. last year, nothing and they reach stanley cup final

the team who looking the most sexy at TDL rarely having succes in playoff. Will be pretty fun to watch Vegas this season but will not be surprise st all to see vegas out in 1st

Not to mention last year with Boston adding Orlov and Bertuzzi.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
B+ for me, added in the areas we needed to add. Got bigger on the back end for the teams like Boston + FLA and added a PKing 4C where we needed to improve on.

As we all know, if our big boys aren't the best players, it doesn't matter who we add, so better off not wasting our premium assets on rentals.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
C+, didn't hurt the future because nothing hecoukd do to put us over the top.
NMC has us tied up.
Guys he picked up will assist.
But could have got rid Kampf, maybe moved Reilly, Robertson or Reaves or Bert for higher impact.
He tinkered like Dubas..but what can you do with this core.
Looking forward to seeing if Mitchy is allowed to play offense which is what he does best.
If AM gets some balls, if WN stays interested enough to do what is right and play like Mitchy should, up ice.
Keefes last chance, Brad stood behind him, his last chance. Ruff could have been here.
No he couldn't. Didn't he just get fired yesterday or the day before?

Reactions: Ports

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don't really see the point of what we did. I'm fine adding Boosh, Edmundson feels like more of the same and a little redundant.

Dewar intrigues me, but feels like we had a similar player in Laff who we dumped.

Doesn't feel like we're much better, but we're down some (mid) picks and I don't think anyone here is expecting much of a playoff run.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He protected the “next wave” of Cowan, Minten, Knies and maybe that first rounder so the franchise still has a future. You have to respect that.

1000%

Treliving protected the Leafs future today &

Dubas left him in a terrible position both cap wise (due to Muzzin and Murray LTIR) & draft pick wise as he spent draft picks years into the future to fuel for past TDL and mistakes.

1709946556665.png

1709944767462.png

Leafs 2024 - 2nd rounder went to rent ROR & Leafs 2024 - 3rd rounder went to rent Sean Lafferty
Leafs 2025 - 1st rounder went to for Jake McCabe & Leafs 2025 - 2nd rounder went to unload Nick Ritchie contract after bad UFA signing. & That 2025 - 4th rounder went for Noel Acciari.
That 2026 - 2nd rounder went also for Jake McCabe.

Dubas Actual trades:

- Toronto acquired acquired Ryan O’Reilly & Noel Acciari in a three-team trade with St. Louis & Minnesota. STL receives Mikhail Abramov & Adam Gaudette, TOR's 1st round pick in 2023, OTT's 3rd round pick in '23 & TOR's 2nd round pick in 2024. MIN receives TOR's 4th round pick in '2025.
- Toronto acquired Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, from Chicago in exchange for a 2025 1st round pick, 2026 2nd round pick, Joey Anderson and Pavel Gogolev

- Toronto Maple Leafs will send a 2025 2nd-round pick to the Arizona Coyotes to complete last February's trade that sent forward Nick Ritchie to Arizona in exchange for defenceman Ilya Lyubushkin.

Treliving Actual trades:
- Toronto acquired Ilya Lyubushkin from the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday night, in exchange for a 2025 third-round pick and a 2024 sixth-round pick that went to the Carolina Hurricanes (

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Needed another RHD. Anyone who could push Lily out of the lineup.

Rielly Lyubushkin
Benoit McCabe
Brodie Edmundson
Gio/Lily/Gio

--------------------------

Rielly Lyubushkin
Edmundson McCabe
Brodie Lily
Benoit/Gio/Benoit

Either way the pairings are f***ed.

Protecting a future 3rd liner is insane. The rest should be protected.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
The issue is we are likely resigning Marner at 12-12.5M x 8. I would rather him walk and use the cap space elsewhere. JT has another year until we get cap relief. So next year will probably be similar to this year tbh.
Marner won't sign an 8-year contract and we sure as shit shouldn't be the team that offers him that kind of money.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I can definitely see that happening in the face of a round 1 exit or an anemic round 2 performance/exit. But what happens if the squad makes it to the conference final and gets embarrassed there? Is it a matter of tweaking or do they make the same moves? I'm torn on this one because we need to see what ultimately failed. Was it porous defense, lousy goaltending or a drought offensively?
Thats an interesting question.

IF they played well and then lose in the ECF like they did against the Panthers. To me, you need to build on that. Look at who played well and who didn't. Don't let the stats fools you with decision.
It is more about who was comfortable with the challenges and who wasn't.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
In all honestly, it was fine. It's not terrible, it's not great, and that's still a bit of a "wtf was the plan" feel. And all of that is fine.

We didn't move big assets, but we did move lots of picks for marginal players who may not even be upgrades. Very meh. Very "well, if we lose in the first round no one will be mad but if we win, people will think we're geniuses." And that all adds up to fine.

Reactions: Gallagbi

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I give him a C. A passing grade job but not one that is really great.
I don’t see the team as true contenders this year so while I’m glad he didn't move the more highly valued futures, we still sent more draft picks out the door for guys that I don’t think will make a difference.
Would have moved the grade up to a B or B+ without the Edmundson trade. Would have preferred more moves for non rentals like the Dewar trade.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
They have tried adding at the deadline every year, it hasn’t worked and depleted them of
assets.

Added 2 solid big dman, hopefully one pushes Lily to the press box, as he will get caved in the playoffs against Boston. Dewar seems like a good add.

This group doesn’t need significant deadline additions that probably won’t help and upset chemistry.

I don’t understand why anyone would want to keep trading away futures for a group that has shown that they are only successful at failure.

I believe they can beat Boston if they play them, than who knows after that.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully this goes one of 2 ways.

Leafs go far in the post season and shut the whiners up...

Or

They lose again and tre trades a portion of the big 4.

Fans are tired of this product. Either win or change.
Can't trade Matthews, Tavares, Marner or Nylander as they have NTC. The only thing you can do is let Tavares and Marner walk. They won't let Marner walk, Mitchy will get every cent he asks for.

The only real change to the core happens after next season when Tavares either retires or signs in Buffalo/Ottawa.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
In all honestly, it was fine. It's not terrible, it's not great, and that's still a bit of a "wtf was the plan" feel. And all of that is fine.

We didn't move big assets, but we did move lots of picks for marginal players who may not even be upgrades. Very meh. Very "well, if we lose in the first round no one will be mad but if we win, people will think we're geniuses." And that all adds up to fine.
I think with the soft and sloppy D they would have been rolled on in the playoffs. And I actually feel the two guys they added make them better or as least less likely to get bitch slapped. Just not sure they spent quite enough to give the club a real shot. Like maybe there was something of value somewhere in between a Tanev and a Boosh but maybe not. Whatever happens, they still might have a shot at Tanev, Walker or Roy this summer with no outbound assets and to a thin organization maybe that's the right thing to do, even if it means a half assed run in the playoffs this year.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I was hoping he'd crash the internet by getting Bitch Marner to waive and then shipping him out, but that was just a pipe dream. Considering how little he has to work with thanks to Kyle 'Spreadsheet'' Dubious, I think he did well. Recovering from what our useless former GM did is going to take a while.

I will reserve judgement on Tre until free agency this summer, and maybe next as well.

Can't trade Matthews, Tavares, Marner or Nylander as they have NTC. The only thing you can do is let Tavares and Marner walk. They won't let Marner walk, Mitchy will get every cent he asks for.

The only real change to the core happens after next season when Tavares either retires or signs in Buffalo/Ottawa.

Tavares will remain a Leaf, but on a Spezza type contract.

They can piss Marner off enough (play him on 4th line, no special teams, scratch him once in a while, no Sunday afternoon public skating music playing during practices, etc.) that he waives. But again, that is just a pipe dream.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
You don't?

You really don't understand why some people have a defeatist attitude about this team?

Really?

I can understand being concerned or having some doubts. But no, I think people who proclaim we aren’t beating a team like Boston, like the result is already determined are in fact being dramatic quite frankly.

Reactions: tuckerintensity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad