Player Discussion: Rasmus Kupari

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think he should be groomed for taking over for Lowry in a few years.
Let him take Apples spot next year and when Lowry declines, let Kup move to center.

Too much cilantro?

Reactions: Snot Rocket

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
after 10 gals in his last 161 games you suddenly think he's going to do that in one season?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what this kid brings to the team.
Well, @Jet did say he was getting wild in his prediction.

You never know, it's possible he has a breakout season. What he brings to the team, is he's been a decent 4th line centre.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Kupari certainly does bring speed. Last year he had the highest top speed of Jets fwds and hit the 20mph threshold at V high per game rate.

image001.png

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just to note... Given Kupari's ice time, if he scored at the same rate as most bottom 6 forwards (including Lowry, Iafallo, etc.) then he'd be expected to score about 4 or 5 goals in 70 games. So his drought isn't that remarkable. He's had very little ice time and all at 5v5 on the 4th line or on the PK.

I see signs of more offense, but more importantly, he's playing an effective 200 foot game on an effective 4th line.

Reactions: Jet and Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
OK maybe not mind blown. But here's McKinnon vs a bunch of other fwds (60+ gp)
View attachment 918155
I'm assuming that this data is coming from a wearable technology... I've seen a couple of different types out there. They can track everything from speed to distance traveled (which I'd love to see for Nik lol), heart rate (which gives an indication into recovery between shifts, etc)

I've wondered if the data that comes from that stuff informs things like ice time, line combos and workload. It would be an example of info that the org has that goes into those things that we aren't privy to (that some people have even mocked the idea of its existance)

The Jets went on record a few years ago as stating that they were trying ro be at the forefront of load management and recovery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad