Player Discussion: Rasmus Kupari

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just to note... Given Kupari's ice time, if he scored at the same rate as most bottom 6 forwards (including Lowry, Iafallo, etc.) then he'd be expected to score about 4 or 5 goals in 70 games. So his drought isn't that remarkable. He's had very little ice time and all at 5v5 on the 4th line or on the PK.

I see signs of more offense, but more importantly, he's playing an effective 200 foot game on an effective 4th line.
So you're saying there's a chance of my 10-15-25? 🤣

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm assuming that this data is coming from a wearable technology... I've seen a couple of different types out there.

I believe some game equipment (and jerseys maybe?) and pucks are chipped to track this data. This is how they get skating speed, puck speed, can produce visualizations, gather more shot/metric data, etc.

This has been happening for a few years now:

The NHL Puck and Player Tracking technology will include 14-16 antennae installed in the arena rafters; four cameras to support the tracking functionality; one sensor placed on the shoulder pads of every player on each team; and 40 pucks manufactured with a sensor inside for each game. The technology is to be deployed in all 31 NHL arenas at some point during the 2019-20 season.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Depends on ice-time, but based on his play so far this season I think that might be in reach if he plays 10-12 even-strength minutes all season.
I think the way that line has started I could see Arniel trusting them and deploying them more often when we don't necessarily need offense - so maybe it's possible?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad