Proposal: Rasmus Dahlin For Moritz Seider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Expect Raymond and Seider to sign at the same time for about the same money. Theyre best friends and are the 2nd and 3rd best players on the roster. And both are currently working out with Mannheim this offseason. Oh, and Mo posted himself buying a bunch of new custom suits from a tailor in Germany and is building a house in Michigan.

Yzerman is less worried about signing a kid than he is signing someone for more than Larkin. They’ll be signed before training camp together and presented at the same press conference.
Yeah, but Seider’s tailor is gonna have him looking like this…

1725832302491.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I suspect when Karlsson was a force with Ottawa a lot of people would have debated you on that. Makar is often covered by Toews as well. Certain elite offensive D can simply tip the scales regardless of lesser D
Are you suggesting Dahlin needs a partner who will cover for his defensive liabilities and then he will appear to be a more complete player?

Reactions: Henkka

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Beyond delusional

There is no aspect of hockey he is better than Norris Karlsson at

Your comment is pure homerism.

Dahlin just came outside the top 10 for norris. To pretend he is some force of player that isnt found in the NHL is hilarious

Completely missing the point. Feel free to try to explain how you think Dahlin is (1) in any way stylistically similar to Karlsson; (2) a one-way defenseman who can't defend and hits like a wet noodle, because the commenter I was responding to apparently thinks Dahlin is like Karlsson but worse, when, in fact, he's a wildly different and (as I said) significantly more well-rounded player.

Reactions: Realgud

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Completely missing the point. Feel free to try to explain how you think Dahlin is (1) in any way stylistically similar to Karlsson; (2) a one-way defenseman who can't defend and hits like a wet noodle, because the commenter I was responding to apparently thinks Dahlin is like Karlsson but worse, when, in fact, he's a wildly different and (as I said) significantly more well-rounded player.
Fair, apologies for the overreaction in that case.

Dahlin has been on the upswing in his two-way game but He has been a more rounded player for maybe 1 or 1.5 years and before that he was a mess.in his own d-zone and super soft. If he can mantain a more two-way game and help the sabres become a contender than its fair to discuss him as a top 5D and a cup winning builder.

Prime Karlsson type player despite D-flaws was pivotal for 2 Conference final teams and was a level that very few players can reach.

Dahlin won't ever be a shut-down D. His ceiling is like Hedman who was good at defense, but had great size and positioning along with ability to read nad break plays. He wasnt the best defensive D on the bolts (McDonaugh was), but his offense, puck moving, and ability to keep puck out of his d-zone along with leadership and PP capabilities helped make him a top 3D for 5/6 years. That is the ceiling Dahlin has as opposed to a more defensive version of Karlsson, whose offensive game was a level ahove both Dahlin and Hedman

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Are you suggesting Dahlin needs a partner who will cover for his defensive liabilities and then he will appear to be a more complete player?
Not at all. His defensive liabilities aren’t a thing. He is a complete D. But to get that PPG status you need to take chances. It’s in Those moments that have a Defensively responsible partner is worth Gold

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
This is so true. Sure he gets tough usage and matchups but there aren't any real reasons to believe he's any good defensively.

I also find it funny how Bouchard who was the best defencemen last year gets hate since he plays with Mcdavid but Draisaitl who had a worse year than Bouchard in every statisticsl measure gets the "pass".
The “pass” may come from the fact that he plays for a bottom feeding team with very little elite talent. Bouchard plays for a cup finalist with two of the top five players in the league

Reactions: Fearnot

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not at all. His defensive liabilities aren’t a thing. He is a complete D. But to get that PPG status you need to take chances. It’s in Those moments that have a Defensively responsible partner is worth Gold
So Dahlin needs a Toews or Hronek type partner. Power was a top pick. Maybe he’s the guy to help out Dahlin with the defensive side of the game?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
So Dahlin needs a Toews or Hronek type partner. Power was a top pick. Maybe he’s the guy to help out Dahlin with the defensive side of the game?
Maybe they’ll complement eachother. I do feel Power has more Offence coming. It also doesn’t help that Dahlin is often playing his offside. Always best if they can play their strong side. Better for transition and safety tbh. We see it in Montreal with Guhle always playing his offside. It hinders the natural flow for these guys.

Reactions: Fatass

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Prime Bobby Orr and Prime Nick Lindstrom. Those are the 2 players I take over Dahlin. Cale Makar is not as good defensively and I’d love to see what Dahlin/Makar would do if they switched teams offensively.

Sieder can’t tie Dahlins skates. Dahlin and Makar are in a league of their own.

Ps- I’m a leafs fan who hates the Sabres.
This is certainly a take….

It’s wrong and horrible, but good on your for having the kahunas to put that out for everyone to see lol

Reactions: cowboycoffee

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Seider is so overrated. The idea of this proposal is nonsensical.

As Detroit has improved its roster talent the past two seasons, Seider’s game has regressed.

He’s been horrible defensively, another narrative about him that’s wrong. That he’s some defensive stalwart when he’s anything but.

What Seider is? He is better offensively than he’s given credit for and his offensive upside is higher than some projections in this thread.

But comparing him to Dahlin in a trade proposal is absurd. Seider still has a long way to go to be in Dahlin’s company as a top NHL defender.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Would either fan base be interested in this? Seider is by far the most well rounded of the 2 but does not have Dahlin's offensive potential. Seider fills a gaping hole on the right side of Buffalo's defence. Dahlen and Axel-Sandin Pelikka sounds like something from the Wings glory days of the 2000's.

So ridiculous. In what way is Seider more well-rounded? Dahlin is a beast physically, plays the toughest minutes, leads on the ice and will be captain. He's locked down long-term. And he actually loves to play RD on his offside. Thrown in Dylan Larkin and we'll give it some though.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I understand why Sabres fans don't want the trade, fair enough, but Dahlen's play dipped last season just like the rest of the team. The whole drop off was significant. How would Sabres fans address that?

It dipped how? He had 20 goals. His usage was insane. His assists were down because the PP was a joke, and the coach running it was incompetent. Your whole dropoff thesis is wrong. Dahlin still made some incredible plays on the PP despite the disorganized mess not his creation. A decent PP, and he has 10-15 more points, maybe more.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Underrated? There’s someone in this thread mentioning Dahlin in the same breath as Orr and Lidstrom.
Seider has some of the worst defensive analytics in the NHL. Everyone says he has a brutal deployment. They are correct.

But what’s also correct is that if MacKinnon and Rantanan put up a combined seven points in a night Seider is a -2 and Corsi for of 18%, how does that make Seider somehow good defensively?

It doesn’t. It just tells you Seider can’t handle the hard minutes his coaching staff is forcing him to skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad