Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign D Jack Johnson to one-year deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Still traumatized from Mike Kostka #4 VS the Islanders where he was single-handedly responsible for multiple goals against. Johnson cannot be worse than Staal who turned into a pylon.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
that's............ a vile comparison lol

Poor buttholes being compared to JMFJ like that.

Not with those wet dogs in the way.

You knew damn well we would turn on Martin eventually.

Impressive that it was accomplished before the dude even put on a Rangers Track suit.

I have to believe this move was specifically made to make Lafreniere feel more confident with his abilities in training camp. 4D chess baby!

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
It’s not the money or the term that people are upset about. It’s the fact that we know he’s going to be playing big minutes while a young player gets buried. It’s the same with Fast.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Who cares. It’s for 1 year, it’s buryable.

I think people are still shell shocked from the days where the Rangers needed to sign guys like this to long term deals in order to build the team because they didn’t have any prospects of value and significance. This is not the case anymore. This is a depth signing at best.

and yes, I hate Jack Johnson. I think he’s terrible. But maybe Hajek gets a bit more fire up his ass to make the team. Who knows. And again:

Who cares.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Honest question....who is better staal or jj based on the actual numbers?

Let’s assume there is no difference between Staal and JJ the player. This saves the Rangers $4.6M in cap space and they can possibly recoup a draft pick for him at the deadline.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Really he cost 1mil and a 2nd round pick.

No. The second round pick was to free up cap space and get rid of atrocious Staal.. The 1 mil is just for a slightly better insurance policy than can play in a pinch or besent down to Hartford. Not really a move to get excited about either way.

Reactions: NY Lito

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Bitetto should be fine depth. He was good on the PK.

zIYyN0Q.png

Reactions: Leetch3

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
dis
guy
is
bad
at
hoky

ugh. staal > johnson.

im weeping.

and also, why ?

its 1 mil for 1 yr so not end of world. really. but to me, seems less than lateral.

we have not addressed the gaping hole on the left side either

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I like this signing. Veteran depth with a bit of a swagger that kids will listen too, probably very grateful even for a smaller role given his bankruptcy. At worst he is cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad