Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
50% off and you can use it multiple times per game. I hope it's around forever. They need more options upstairs though.

Reactions: JRinNYC

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Anyone know when Stubhub changed the sellers fee from a flat 10% to either 10 or 15% depending upon the game? Just noticed this about 2 weeks ago?
Not sure how they determine which games are 10% and which are 15% because some of the games that are 15% aren't high demand games.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anyone know when Stubhub changed the sellers fee from a flat 10% to either 10 or 15% depending upon the game? Just noticed this about 2 weeks ago?
Not sure how they determine which games are 10% and which are 15% because some of the games that are 15% aren't high demand games.
I just ran a calculation on all my stubhub sales this season and 100% of them are a 10% fee (this includes Knicks, Rangers, Broadway shows from July through December)

If I had to guess I would say you are noticing the listing adjustment which is dynamic. So if you list your tickets for $100, they may show up as $115 or $110 or heck even $95. No matter what price they sell at you are still getting $90 net because that's 10% of your listing price

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I just ran a calculation on all my stubhub sales this season and 100% of them are a 10% fee (this includes Knicks, Rangers, Broadway shows from July through December)

If I had to guess I would say you are noticing the listing adjustment which is dynamic. So if you list your tickets for $100, they may show up as $115 or $110 or heck even $95. No matter what price they sell at you are still getting $90 net because that's 10% of your listing price

Log in to your Stubhub account on a desktop. Go to your listings and on the right side of each game listed it will show the listing price per ticket then it will show the total net amount you would receive if they sell.
I have the following games listed for sale and Stubhub would take 15% out of these games: Islanders, 1/15, Caroline 1/15 and Chicago 1/17.
These games are 10% : Minnesota 2/21 and Ottawa 4/3.

This is definitely something recent because I checked any completed sales and they are all 10%.

yankeejimbeam

Dec 17, 2018
Log in to your Stubhub account on a desktop. Go to your listings and on the right side of each game listed it will show the listing price per ticket then it will show the total net amount you would receive if they sell.
I have the following games listed for sale and Stubhub would take 15% out of these games: Islanders, 1/15, Caroline 1/15 and Chicago 1/17.
These games are 10% : Minnesota 2/21 and Ottawa 4/3.

This is definitely something recent because I checked any completed sales and they are all 10%.

it looks like all of my sales were at 10% including the Jan 17th game vs Chicago.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I just sold 2 knicks games, both at 10%. It's unbelievable that selling knicks tickets is so profitable.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I just sold 2 knicks games, both at 10%. It's unbelievable that selling knicks tickets is so profitable.
Not really. They have not made the playoffs in forever and ticket prices have not gone up in as long.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Would anyone who has the Islander game on 1-15 listed on Stubhub or sold already on Stubhub check and let me know if the commission is 10% or 15%.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
That really sucks. Definitely changes my spending at the game.
I really don't understand why Dolan can't give all season ticket holders 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks. I'm not asking for free food, just a damn discount. I spent more money with the discount since the price was reasonable. Burger, fries and a coke for $12.25 is reasonable, $24.50 is not.

Reactions: GordonGecko

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I really don't understand why Dolan can't give all season ticket holders 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks. I'm not asking for free food, just a damn discount. I spent more money with the discount since the price was reasonable. Burger, fries and a coke for $12.25 is reasonable, $24.50 is not.
complain to your rep, it does filter up

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I had 2 interesting takes from Tuesday's game against Anaheim. The first one is obvious and that is the lower bowl looked about half full for a Christmas week game. I saw rows upon rows that were mostly empty. The second is a little different. I always take the LIRR into the game getting in around 530 and then I go over to a local bar restaurant and grab dinner before the game. Tuesday the LIRR was having signal problems and trains were stopping at Jamaica so I had to take the E train to Penn getting in a few minutes after 6. I just grabbed a couple of slices at Rose Pizza in Penn and got up to my seats in Section 209 about 645. The beer vendor who is always stationed outside of 209 always remembers what kind of beer I drink and we always say a few words to each other. Anyway at 645 it was empty so I mentioned how dead it seemed and he told me that beer sales were way down this year . He said that the regulars buy most of the beer and there are not as many regulars anymore just more tourists. So take it from the beer man who said he has been working at the Garden for 16 years in a prime location that sales are down. I guess Dolan and the Rangers are getting what they want. I think beer sales should be the ultimate barometer as to the crowds they are getting and if the beer guy said they are way down then MSG is in trouble. I don't think $13.50 a beer is the reason when the tickets are almost $100!
Dolan doesn't give a shit as long as there are tourists to buy the tickets. Face it, this guy has tanked two franchises. Neither the Knicks nor Rangers will win squat as long as he owns the team.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
So take it from the beer man who said he has been working at the Garden for 16 years in a prime location that sales are down. I guess Dolan and the Rangers are getting what they want. I think beer sales should be the ultimate barometer as to the crowds they are getting and if the beer guy said they are way down then MSG is in trouble. I don't think $13.50 a beer is the reason when the tickets are almost $100!

But I wonder if this just has to do with consumer trends rather than the crowds/attendance. Which beer stand does he work at? Because in my experience this year and last year, some of the longest lines are at the craft beer stand (around section 101 I think?) but if I wanted a Bud Light I could walk up to any number of empty vendors. Also the 20-30 year old crowd generally drinks less beer than they did years ago - whether it's being more calorie conscious and switching to cocktails, or preferring to have one good craft beer instead of 4 Bud Lights, it may just be that the crowds have a different attitude towards drinking than in years past.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
But I wonder if this just has to do with consumer trends rather than the crowds/attendance. Which beer stand does he work at? Because in my experience this year and last year, some of the longest lines are at the craft beer stand (around section 101 I think?) but if I wanted a Bud Light I could walk up to any number of empty vendors. Also the 20-30 year old crowd generally drinks less beer than they did years ago - whether it's being more calorie conscious and switching to cocktails, or preferring to have one good craft beer instead of 4 Bud Lights, it may just be that the crowds have a different attitude towards drinking than in years past.
One good craft beer rather than 4 Bud Lights? How much are they getting for craft beers? Bud Lights are still $11-12.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad