Value of: Rangers offense fix

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
It is no secret they need a jump-start and fast. The team upfront requires something to go right and have them get going, and with Gallants simple play style they should be off and running.

There is a massive drop-off after the first two lines for the Rangers, lines one and two are not cutting it and for Kreider to be the best offensive player on the team with the likes of Fox, Panarin, and Zib. The bottom two lines for the Rangers wouldn't even be top six lines in the AHL, so something is need whether it be in the top or bottom six, but I think that a small injection is what is needed to round off the entire offense.

I am open to trading a lot of different players as the only players I would think would be Untouchable are Fox, Shesty, and Miller

Who fits the bill and is available and able to fit the cap.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Either be patient with Lafrenierre and Kakko, or trade them for players that are better now, but might not have as high of ceilings.

A #1 overall in his 2nd year and and #2 overall in his 3rd year should be supplying the lion's share of the support scoring.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It is no secret they need a jump-start and fast. The team upfront requires something to go right and have them get going, and with Gallants simple play style they should be off and running.

There is a massive drop-off after the first two lines for the Rangers, lines one and two are not cutting it and for Kreider to be the best offensive player on the team with the likes of Fox, Panarin, and Zib. The bottom two lines for the Rangers wouldn't even be top six lines in the AHL, so something is need whether it be in the top or bottom six, but I think that a small injection is what is needed to round off the entire offense.

I am open to trading a lot of different players as the only players I would think would be Untouchable are Fox, Shesty, and Miller

Forsberg?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Phil Kessel retained to 3.4aav for Nemeth or Rooney and Ryder Korczak.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Korczak, drafted in '21, barely 19, and ppg player in WHL, should not be available for a 34-yr-old rental w >1100 games on his tires
I know Korczak well. I’ve seen every road game Moose Jaw had played this year (and one home game). Offense wasn’t the reason he fell to the 3rd round. He’s an intriguing prospect and worth about a late 2nd. Same as Kessel with max retention.

I’d probably do Kessel for Rooney AND Nemeth, though. AZ has to get harder to play against. Their goalies need help. Chychrun needs a stable partner and their PK has to actually K Ps every now and then.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It could go either way with him at this point, though I think it's likely he re-signs. Depending on the offer though, it's worth considering it may be more beneficial to move him. I have pretty low expectations of that type of offer coming in this thread.

Fair. You might be surprised.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
That's the problem having such a top heavy team with a few massive contracts. You can't have balance. When those whales don't perform, you lose.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
The Rangers fourth line have been their best so not sure why you're hating that much on the bottom six. The third line has had some good games but mostly bad games. The 2nd line has not had one good game at 5v5.

Does anyone want a fake center named Strome?

Reactions: CLW

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Tarasenko still wants out of St Louis, St Louis looking for a left d-man, K'Andre Miller would look good in St Louis Blue.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

overreaction
bold is part example of what is erroneous
stop overreacting win now

1 legit complaint
stop constant juggling lines

Strome + Geo have to go to pay for most of Fox next year
deal now while longer production = greater return
want futures, pref picks
not immediate vet help
STAY CAP COMPLIANT

OMG the new coach and juggled roster has only had 3 weeks of the season so far -
maybe what needs fixing is peoples' expectations re a team that is still developing
Not likely contending for a Cup this season, and shouldn't make pricy short-term moves as if they are.
this^

Reactions: slg1963

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
In the offseason Anthony Cirelli for Lundkvist + Chytil?

Rangers get a legit 2C to play behind Zibanejad while the Lightning get some capspace to re-sign Palat, a 3C with still some upside and a young RD with offensive potential which they lack.

Reactions: WhoTagz

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Too early... Panarin line will score. Zibanejad will get hot. They should be a playoff team even if Shesterkin has to drag them in kicking and screaming...

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Seems weird to consider Miller one of the three untouchables.

Ive only watched a couple games of his this season but he got torched defensively in this western Canada road trip and the offensive upside doesn't really seem to be there.
Definitely seems like the Rangers have a lot of assets that'd be considered untouchable before him.

Reactions: voxel

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Seems weird to consider Miller one of the three untouchables.

Ive only watched a couple games of his this season but he got torched defensively in this western Canada road trip and the offensive upside doesn't really seem to be there.
Definitely seems like the Rangers have a lot of assets that'd be considered untouchable before him.

Yea, Miller is certainly not untouchable. He’s a nice young player who will probably be a fixture on a 2nd pairing but there’s a small segment of the Rangers fan base whose convinced he has elite/bottomless potential which I just don’t get.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
In the offseason Anthony Cirelli for Lundkvist + Chytil?

Rangers get a legit 2C to play behind Zibanejad while the Lightning get some capspace to re-sign Palat, a 3C with still some upside and a young RD with offensive potential which they lack.

can't afford to let any blue chips other than Jones and maybe Krav go in trade

Jones only b'c he is redundant in style to Fox

Any thoughts of any upgrade for a vet is a no, b'c if for no other reason, cap will now allow.
And self rental who is not renewed is indulgence that wastes assets.

That is the boat we are in until Trouba's nmc expires

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad