Proposal: Rangers - Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ye cause no bias going on when teams fans value their own players.

Of course there's bias but don't talk us down like you know better than us. We recognize Fowler's shortcomings but we also know they're greatly exaggerated by non Ducks fans.

Like when we say we don't want Rick Nash cause we don't feel he's as good as he used to be, we're told we don't watch the Rangers enough and we don't know what we're talking about. When we talk about a player we actually watch regularly we're told we still don't know what we're talking about.

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Of course there's bias but don't talk us down like you know better than us. We recognize Fowler's shortcomings but we also know they're greatly exaggerated by non Ducks fans.

How about a Sharks fan who has watched dozens of games of Fowler over the years? Sure, I'm biased against the Ducks but not nearly as much as Ducks' fans are biased in favor of the Ducks and you know how I can be objective about actual great players like Lindholm, Rakell, and Vatanen.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How about a Sharks fan who has watched dozens of games of Fowler over the years? Sure, I'm biased against the Ducks but not nearly as much as Ducks' fans are biased in favor of the Ducks and you know how I can be objective about actual great players like Lindholm, Rakell, and Vatanen.

only watch a dozen or so games over the years instead of the full 82 a season, and have a bias as a fan of a rival team...yeah, I wouldn't take your word for the value of our players ever, sorry.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Even for those who believe that Fowler is a top pairing left side d-man (and that's debatable)---he's not going to be a top pairing left side d-man for a Rangers team that has McDonagh. No ****ing way and no ****ing how. So at best he is a top 4 in the Rangers scheme of things.

He wouldn't be the first guy I'd be after to upgrade our defense with either. Frankly from the Ducks I'd have more interest in Montour or Theodore. There's no way in hell I'd give up JT Miller in a deal for Fowler either as I value Miller higher.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Anaheim: Miller, Hayes

To New York: Fowler

Is something around that a reasonable price for Cam Fowler?

Ducks get 2 cheap good young players for someone who they might trade eventually?

If Detroit is willing to do Tatar+Sheahan for Cam Fowler, This deal would be better then the Rangers offer. And i thought Ranger fans said that Cam Fowler isn't really a fit there. Should be looking at bringing hometown boy Kevin Shattenkirk home instead.

Talec

Jun 18, 2016
Man, why is it that everyone thinks Fowler is not a #2 on almost every team.

Ill make a small list:

1. Ducks allowed the least GA/G this season.
2. Fowler led our Team in TOI/G
3. Fowler was relied on more heavily during the beginning-mid of the season until Lindholm started stepping up in a big way. BTW I know we weren't doing well at the beginning of the season but that had nothing to do with our defense.
4. Fowler did have the highest Defensive Zone to Offense Zone FO ratio on our team and in the early part of the season saw the more of the other teams first line then any other player.
5. He's only 24 with over 400 NHL games and almost 50 playoff games under his belt.
6. His partner for most of the season was Bieska who showed to be a defensive liability at times.

Don't get me wrong he is not a #1 defenseman but to think that he is anything but a great #2 is ridiculous.

Now to the Trade,

I doubt NYR trade Miller after just signing him and for a good price to boot. I'd say we'd most likely target Kreider if the Ranger can't agree to a long term deal with him. Besides that I think Det. is our most likely trade partner.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

With all due respect, your post history suggests you are biased against Fowler. I'm not sure why you'd try to deny that. You don't think fans of other teams can be biased against individual players? Of course they can. Just like they can be biased for players. If you can have favorites on other teams, you can have players you dislike more. That's a terrible argument on your part.

As for "actual great players", that kind of says it all, doesn't it? Moving forward, Rakell and Vatanen might make more sense for Anaheim, but there is little argument that they are currently better. They might become better, but currently? No. They are not better players. Not when you actually consider the roles they play. Lindholm is comparable. Better defensively, worse in the puck moving department, but with more upside. I'm very excited about his future, but currently, he and Fowler are pretty close. They're just better at different things, and I'm hoping Lindholm becomes that #1 defenseman Anaheim has been looking for.

The bottom line is Anaheim fans see the good and bad of these players far more than you do. Our team's success is in our best interest. Fowler made us a better team. He'd likely to continue to make us a better team heading into this upcoming season, and in an ideal world they'd be able to keep him. That just may not be in the cards. Anaheim has some needs to address, and Fowler will be a UFA in two years.

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
To Anaheim: Miller, Hayes

To New York: Fowler

Is something around that a reasonable price for Cam Fowler?

Ducks get 2 cheap good young players for someone who they might trade eventually?

I like Miller. Not that high on Hayes... Decent proposal.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
With all due respect, your post history suggests you are biased against Fowler. I'm not sure why you'd try to deny that. You don't think fans of other teams can be biased against individual players? Of course they can. Just like they can be biased for players. If you can have favorites on other teams, you can have players you dislike more. That's a terrible argument on your part.

As for "actual great players", that kind of says it all, doesn't it? Moving forward, Rakell and Vatanen might make more sense for Anaheim, but there is little argument that they are currently better. Not when you actually consider the roles they play. Lindholm is comparable. Better defensively, worse in the puck moving department, but with more upside. I'm very excited about his future, but currently, he and Fowler are pretty close. They're just better at different things, and I'm hoping Lindholm becomes that #1 defenseman Anaheim has been looking for.

Kudos for trying, Sojourn, but it's no use arguing with someone who can't reason.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah I wouldn't even trade Miller for Fowler either. Keep in mind the Rangers already have McDonagh-Staal-Skjei down the left side.

I think we might be at a point where we have no choice but to accept a deal like this
It's a ridiculous deal for Anaheim lol

Last edited:

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Hard pass as others have mentioned, does not fill a need at the moment and for sure not dealing 2 young guys, especially Miller, for a LHD

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Maybe if Ducks are taking Staal back with Hayes, but not Miller... no way. There is no room for him if Staal isn't leaving.

I've seen Fowler here and there so I'm no expert, but I don't understand why Ducks fans have been trying to move him in just about every trade thread concerning Anaheim. He's 24, has 2 seasons left at only $4M cap hit and, according to Ducks fans and mentioned many times in this thread, is a #2 on any team out there. Why wouldn't you want to hold onto the obvious #2 Dman and move one of the other guys?

Talec

Jun 18, 2016
Maybe if Ducks are taking Staal back with Hayes, but not Miller... no way. There is no room for him if Staal isn't leaving.

I've seen Fowler here and there so I'm no expert, but I don't understand why Ducks fans have been trying to move him in just about every trade thread concerning Anaheim. He's 24, has 2 seasons left at only $4M cap hit and, according to Ducks fans and mentioned many times in this thread, is a #2 on any team out there. Why wouldn't you want to hold onto the obvious #2 Dman and move one of the other guys?

Well I want to keep him and trade Vatanen, but obviously we need more scoring and Vatanen provide more scoring then Fowler. The expansion draft is coming and Bieksa have a NMC. We have a highly rated puck moving defenseman with higher potential then Fowler in Theodore knocking on the door to be on our roster. So yeah Fowler is the most likely going to be traded to get back at least a top 6 LW.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I don't trade either one of those pieces alone for Fowler, let alone together.

Fowler doesn't fill a need on our blue line. I'll try and avoid another flamefest, but I obviously do not think as highly of Fowler as Ducks fans do.

NYR down the left side of our D is McDonagh, Staal, Skjei, Holden. McDonagh and Skjei are going nowhere, and Holden is either going to be the 7th D or moved to the right side. That only leaves Staal as the odd man out if we're bringing in Fowler.

If we're able to move Staal in another deal, there might be some interest in Fowler, but right now, we're logjammed on the left.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Ducks fans aren't trying to move him. He got mentioned in the trade rumors, that's why he's mentioned in all of our trade threads. Everyone around the league is waiting for him to be moved, and currently it looks like the hold up is Lindholm and Rakell's new contracts.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Well I want to keep him and trade Vatanen, but obviously we need more scoring and Vatanen provide more scoring then Fowler. The expansion draft is coming and Bieksa have a NMC. We have a highly rated puck moving defenseman with higher potential then Fowler in Theodore knocking on the door to be on our roster. So yeah Fowler is the most likely going to be traded to get back at least a top 6 LW.

That makes enough sense, but I sure wouldn't be looking to send off a 24 year old, #2 on any NHL team out there. That's a guy I want to be building around. That's just me though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad