Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Detroit 3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Even strength, 52/39 NYR, 57% CF

All situations, 61/49 NYR.

Well if the Brassard line out attempted Detroit 23-6 as I saw earlier that tilts the remainder of the game to Detroit's favor slightly.

Thought we were the clearly better team, but a healthy Detroit is no easy team to beat.

Also, just reading some of the Wings board, makes me realize how much complaining goes on over here about WINS. I mean, reading them you'd think they just stuck it too us, whereas if we win a game in OT riding a performance from Hank like Howard's getting out attempted 52/39 and letting 40 shots get through, we're enraged at our team.

Seems like everybody, not just the main boards, hates the Rangers.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Huh. Who knew. Our best defensive center and our best defensive pairing play a lot together and their play suffers. Couldn't be the opposition they face. No, that makes no sense.

Elite players don't suffer against the best opposition, they beat the best opposition.

Stepan is slumping but has still had a nice season so I won't throw him into that. Girardi and McDonagh have had awful seasons.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Elite players don't suffer against the best opposition, they beat the best opposition.

Stepan is slumping but has still had a nice season so I won't throw him into that. Girardi and McDonagh have had awful seasons.

Aren't Datsyuk and Tartar the two best possession players in the league?

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Elite players are undefeated? Everybody suffers. Stepan isn't playing well, yet he's still putting up higher PPG than Brassard, while playing against other teams best lines, and PKing.

This doesn't matter, though, because Hayes will be better than both.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Huh. Who knew. Our best defensive center and our best defensive pairing play a lot together and their play suffers. Couldn't be the opposition they face. No, that makes no sense.

When every single other line and pairing dominates and the Stepan line and McDonagh-Girardi stink up the joint nightly, it becomes kind of hard to justify their poor play. Datsyuk and Zetterberg play on different lines. I'm guessing the Stepan line wasn't out there for both of those guy's shifts tonight. So then how can you explain 3/4 lines being great?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I feel like all your arguments tonight are "my hair is a dog" arguments.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No we got rocked and conquered

Wings are Brock Lesnar.

brock_shirt_300_141.png

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
When every single other line and pairing dominates and the Stepan line and McDonagh-Girardi stink up the joint nightly, it becomes kind of hard to justify their poor play. Datsyuk and Zetterberg play on different lines. I'm guessing the Stepan line wasn't out there for both of those guy's shifts tonight. So then how can you explain 3/4 lines being great?

Zetterberg has Abdelkader on his line. And yes, that pairing gave up that goal to them. The Datsyuk line has Tatar and Nyquist on it. The quality of the two lines is far different.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Zetterberg has Abdelkader on his line. And yes, that pairing gave up that goal to them. The Datsyuk line has Tatar and Nyquist on it. The quality of the two lines is far different.

Well then I guess I should expect the Stepan line to have a piss poor game every night because they have tough matchups.

I still think the biggest culprit here is MSL, who is approaching Brad Richards level of play.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Ahhh tough loss, but we were playing really well..Howard made some killer saves. I am glad we got a point for Cambot. He was fantastic.

Yandle looks slick and awesome with his passing, our team is very good...unfortunately we got called for a terrible call on Stepan that we had to deal with 4 on 3 for THREE MINUTES.

We did ok against them. Keep getting the points and play well guys!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well then I guess I should expect the Stepan line to have a piss poor game every night because they have tough matchups.

I still think the biggest culprit here is MSL, who is approaching Brad Richards level of play.

Or you could recognize that the entire point of having a deep team is that lines can have a tough game or go through tough stretches and that's OKAY.

The tough matchups just make it more likely that Stepan is going to have a down night than Hayes or Brassard.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
For all the hate Girardi gets I think relative to their peak abilities, he's been better than McDonagh this season. I notice Girardi having to cover for McD's mistakes far more often than ever before with them as a pair.

McD is still forcing the play, making bonehead decisions in the d zone and trying to do too much. Also stop moving his feet defensively and doing a lot of reaching. It seems like he's out of shape too.

The way that pairing works is as McD goes, G goes. Were seeing about 80% McD right now and its making them both look bad. I mean the 1st goal is all on McD what an awful giveaway. The winner, McD had the puck in his skates and hesitated. Its not an easy play but after being on a kill that long he should've just whacked it to the boards instead of trying to make a play. He hesitated one second and the opportunity was gone, but clearing that puck is a play we were accustomed to seeing MCD make as we all marvel at his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad