Post-Game Talk: 8-1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm just gonna go to Sawgrass and wait till like 6 and see if prices drop. Toronto to Miami round trip is dirt cheap even on such short notice (only $300 US) but I can't justify paying $1200 for a game they might not win.

Damn - $300 is what I paid for Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale round trip lmao.

I’m using some work benefits that I’ve built up over 3 years and didn’t remember I had until today to cover part of this so it hurts less.

Reactions: iam76

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
On a somewhat positive note, I think it was mostly us killing ourselves. I think we were so caught up in oh yeah we’re totally going to win this and raise the cup and be done with it and not fully grasping that hey, that team over there is good and we haven’t been blowing them out. If we think we’re just going to waltz to a victory, well, reality smacked them in the mouth.

I dont think it was so much the oilers as it was us. The first one I think it was Verhaeghe is pinching when he never had a chance at the puck that creates a 2 on 1 and montour slides into bob. The second one Lundell can’t tie up his man, that was weak. The third Ekblad lets draisaitl gain ground on him for no reason which made Forsling think he had to slide over to support which then left his man wide open. Mcdavid was given too much time and space for the 4th. Nurse was open at the top of the slot. Obviously we’re not killing off a full 2min 2man advantage against them, draisaitl puts one past stolarz. And I didn’t even see the last 2 not like they mattered and I’m sure they weren’t even trying anymore at point.

At the very least, the trend always seems to be when you have a blow out game that team usually struggles to score in their next one. As if they used it all up in that game. Let’s hope that’s the case. I have no idea what to expect Tuesday but they better come out hard, determined, ready to fight and not just accept some gimme win, and just clean up those mistakes.

It’s funny how we jokingly mentioned it before but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if McDavid got the conn smyth given his point totals even if we win it all. Like giguere in 03

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Never been to Funky Buddha but the Quarterdeck by Sawgrass gets good on game day, at least it was for the ECF clinching game while i was there. Close to the arena too so if they win you might get a sea people dropping by after to celebrate!

There’s a Quarterdeck? That’s a good idea actually there’s a Flannigans near by

Reactions: wampa13jku

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Any of y’all want to team to get two tickets? Prices are a bit cheaper for packs of two instead of one

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
There’s a Quarterdeck? That’s a good idea actually there’s a Flannigans near by

Yeah brother, Flannigans is going towards i75, Quarterdeck is the opposite way across from Sawgrass on the corner of Sunrise Blvd and Flamingo. I go there all the time but had never been during playoffs and it was great.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
I don’t get why people are shitting on the Panthers for flying family and personnel in for yesterday’s game. Pretty sure every team would do that in a clinching scenario on the road?

The question is “what new reason are people gonna find to shit on the Panthers today”. Not to complain but it seems like this team cant do anything without the outcry of the rest of the league lately.

Flying family is a nothingburger, today is Fathers Day so im pretty sure it would have been nice to have the guys see their wives/kids + win at the same time. People need to get over it, if EDM would have done it everyone would be praising how detailed and sweet that organization is. Gimme a break.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Looks like some tickets are actually starting to come down a bit.
I think they’ll bottom tomorrow evening. Tuesday is when people decide to use the tickets if they haven’t solid

Seat geek has a pair off 600 with fees each. Anyone want to join me? (These tickets sold before i could get them :( )

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: batting1k

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
it was there for ten minutes: kicking myself for posting here instead of buying them. Could have resold the other one if need be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad