Proposal: Rangers-Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Perhaps he's only a disciple?
master-yoda-always-two-there-are.gif
I was clearly joking considering that proposal is constantly brought up by Bern. Kravstov can’t come over even if he wanted to with KHL…

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
which is why I was looking at Barron for Jones w/Strome expiring rental as a sweetener
-- no interest whatsoever in swapping Jones for Barron. No good reason for the Avs to do this as has been stated before.
-- the Rangers should make a run with Strome on the team. He is much more valuable on your roster right now than he currently is as a trade piece.
-- the Avs can make the playoffs even if MacKinnon is out until the end of April. No need to take the ass end of a prospect swap in this manner.

Again I think this is a bad deal for both sides

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This is putrid for the NYR. Cough up a 60 point C that’s been very good here AND Jones for Barron? Barron is good but he isn’t a guy that would stand alone and net both guys. And late picks coming back? Come on. Avs fans saying they wouldn’t do this are out of their minds. Is Barron that much better of a prospect than Jones in their minds?
Colorado are trying to win a cup, not 'win' trades. In a vacuum the trade might be decent value, but there is such a thing as opportunity cost, and trading a young RD with good top 4 potential for something you don't need is wasteful. Strome and his $4.5m caphit does very little to improve the Avs and doesn't even fill a need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad