Proposal: Rangers-Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
MacKinnon is out w/broken nose + related plus concussion.
They have < 100K in cap, and no 1st, 2nd or 4th picks this draft atm.

I don't give a rat's rump what Drury wants, or other players liking Strome, bottom line math is it is IMPOSSIBLE to sign and keep Strome at any # b'c all of his current 4.5 needs to go the 11+ we have to pony up on new Zib + Fox deals. Self rental is stupidly wasteful, and signing will lead to forced exit of LaF/Kakko, etc., so NO.
Would rather get assets for him as a rental, and see Chytil + Barron get those mins, while creating time later for Kravtsov, I don't care that Drury hates Krav, apparently. Krav gets his mins and updates his value; after that, whether he stays or goes can be an open ? fairly approached and objectively answered.

Strome at half = 2.25 + elc Jones + NYR 2022 4th + 2023 3rd
for
elc Justin Barron + Colorado 2022 3rd
a small cap add pref expiring or rfa to NY if mutually acceptable is fine.

Value: Strome is a late 1st, a bit more retained as here. Barron is a late 1st. Jones plays either side in a Fox style and is redundant depth as we have actual Fox. While I like Nils L, and he has best shot of all Ranger D, adding Barron now is shrewd, as currently Fox-Trouba-Schneider followed by Fox-Schneider-Barron, with Nils L, who plays either side, available as 3LD and first relief RD.

NY gets a 3rd this yr they lack, as does Colorado a 4th, but Avs also get a 3rd next yr.

Strome is ufa but this buys helpful stopgap now w/inside track on extending if desired. Deal helps NY build and eases cap a bit.

Have at it, play nice.... later.

Reactions: Narcissus

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Rather just keep Barron, a solid RHD behind Makar to take over for Johnson in the future fills a need for Avs

Strome is an upgrade at 3C but not a necessary one. Avs depth scoring is kicking ass right now

Reactions: Tramp Dana Scully

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
So risk dealing a blow to team confidence and pissing off your best player in Panarin by dealing Strome? Nah thanks. Much more likely he takes a discount and re-signs. Chytil has shown exactly nothing to prove he'd thrive with more minutes.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
MacKinnon is out w/broken nose + related plus concussion.
They have < 100K in cap, and no 1st, 2nd or 4th picks this draft atm.

I don't give a rat's rump what Drury wants, or other players liking Strome, bottom line math is it is IMPOSSIBLE to sign and keep Strome at any # b'c all of his current 4.5 needs to go the 11+ we have to pony up on new Zib + Fox deals. Self rental is stupidly wasteful, and signing will lead to forced exit of LaF/Kakko, etc., so NO.
Would rather get assets for him as a rental, and see Chytil + Barron get those mins, while creating time later for Kravtsov, I don't care that Drury hates Krav, apparently. Krav gets his mins and updates his value; after that, whether he stays or goes can be an open ? fairly approached and objectively answered.

Strome at half = 2.25 + elc Jones + NYR 2022 4th + 2023 3rd
for
elc Justin Barron + Colorado 2022 3rd
a small cap add pref expiring or rfa to NY if mutually acceptable is fine.

Value: Strome is a late 1st, a bit more retained as here. Barron is a late 1st. Jones plays either side in a Fox style and is redundant depth as we have actual Fox. While I like Nils L, and he has best shot of all Ranger D, adding Barron now is shrewd, as currently Fox-Trouba-Schneider followed by Fox-Schneider-Barron, with Nils L, who plays either side, available as 3LD and first relief RD.

NY gets a 3rd this yr they lack, as does Colorado a 4th, but Avs also get a 3rd next yr.

Strome is ufa but this buys helpful stopgap now w/inside track on extending if desired. Deal helps NY build and eases cap a bit.

Have at it, play nice.... later.
Avs have Newhook. Whom is already better than Strome. Avs don’t need this deal. Mack is going to miss home game vs Buffalo and Arizona. Then the Avs have about 11 more days off after that. And they are in first place by a lot. They definitely don’t need a panic trade.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Strome is not a great fit for Colorado. Strome is a Deharnais level player where he will produce if put in a position to do, but one where you really don’t him as one of your top two centers and is a poor fit in the bottom 6.

These kinds of players always end up making too much and can become a huge crutch for teams as they have a hard time letting go if they don’t have a built in replacement. Regardless of that though I think the Rangers should move on this summer, I wouldn’t touch 5.5 long term for Strome but think he might get it. On a contending team he is going to become an anchor quickly.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rather just keep Barron, a solid RHD behind Makar to take over for Johnson in the future fills a need for Avs

Strome is an upgrade at 3C but not a necessary one. Avs depth scoring is kicking ass right now
appreciate the feedback. Agree he upgrades 3C but premise as I stated is based on MacK out a signif chunk of time

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
So we fire JD and Gorton because the rebuild isn't going fast enough and hire Drury and Gallant, win waaay more than we thought and all but lock up a playoff spot by the break, so we can turn around and dump our 2C (whom our best F Panarin happens to like very much) for future considerations before we even finish the regular season.

Yup. It checks out. This was written by Bern.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This doesn't make any sense in a Rangers POV at all. We literally have zero need for another defensive prospect and we are just swapping out Jones for Barron here...AND losing Strome? I don't understand this.
Would not turn my nose down at prospects, and especially an upgrade. Jones is a high quality D and plays either side, but he is a Fox style guy and we already have Fox. We also have Nils L who is a somewhat similar overall game but with an excellent shot. So Barron as a lite version of Schneider is worthy acquisition.
As for "and losing Strome" we need to stop with the addiction to this crutch. Our long term interests are ONLY served by moving him, and return is better than Tavares-esque self rental.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You just know he's going to sign a 5 yr 5.75 per contract with the Rangers!

As an Islanders fan, you secretly lust for this, b'c it would set in motion adding an aging Strome who prob gets trade restrictions in that deal, and that + existing cap pressures would likely force trades of at least LaF + Kakko.
Hopefully Drury's brain admits to reality that bern is right on this, and it checks his ego from such a disaster.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
appreciate the feedback. Agree he upgrades 3C but premise as I stated is based on MacK out a signif chunk of time

We'll be fine without Mack for any period of time in the regular season. Im actually looking forward to having rantanen establish himself as an elite centre and Makar as the key focus of the PP.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad