Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Islanders 4/13/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Henrik Lundqvist is the God of all Gods. That is all.

Love all the Rangers fans at the Mausoleum.

Daniel Girardi hit the net!

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
The Islanders deserved to win this game, but Brassard's filthy pass led to a Girardi snipe, Lundqvist shows up with the incredible saves, his 1st shutout of the season in the most important game. We were outplayed the whole game, but I am very happy we have Henrik, and very happy for the boys. Must-win game, we scratched and clawed.

Kershaw

Not sure why Gaborik was sporting a Girardi jersey there.

Also unsure why he shot right handed.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
No business winning the game. All this does is extends Tortorella's job. We were completely outclassed by the 7th seed team.

What does this do? Help us get a 7th/8th seed where we will meet a vastly superior team and be demolished, unless Lundqvist stands on his head. And we've seen what that does, it gets you 7 games against the Capitals and a first round exit.

It might be better for us to miss the playoffs and have some organizational changes in the off season.

Lundqvist is keeping this team in a position that have no business being in. He's hiding a lot of the flaws this team has. And as he continues to do this, little will be changed in the organization.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
stand by my earlier statement.

We will not win playing the game the way we played tonight.

We got lucky and Lundqvist was awesome.

Great to get the 2 points, but this is no way to play the game.

Torts has got to go

Lundqvist was great, and the offense was pretty terrible.

But did it ever occur to you that it looked like every Islander shot was a great one because only perfect plays were even getting to the net? Our D was pretty solid and this is exactly the kind of game the D was built around.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Thank God Hank saved that game. Great play on the goal! Got lucky tonight as the Isles played fantastic. We have got to play way better then that. Dumbest pass I have ever seen from McDonagh.

Parker

Mar 25, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I still haven't unclenched yet. That game was intense! Great pass by Brassard, great shot by G to win it. Glad to see Hank get a shutout, he was huge tonight.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Great ending to a game that was a lot of fun to watch. Got out of jail quite a few times but came thru when it mattered. The pass and shot for the winner was beautiful.

The good: Hank, Strals, Stepan, the 4th line. The PK was exceptional
The bad: too many bad angle shots, the PP, D-zone breakdowns
The Redden: some of the stupidity in the GDTs. Bunch of 13 y/o whingers

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
stand by my earlier statement.

We will not win playing the game the way we played tonight.

We got lucky and Lundqvist was awesome.

Great to get the 2 points, but this is no way to play the game.

Torts has got to go

Totally agree. We were just sitting back just hoping Lundqvist would save us.
We will go nowhere playing like that. Maybe win one game in the first round.
Ok for now let's enjoy win

*Bob Richards*

Haters, oh how they will hate.

We looked absolutely Pejorative Slured at times but **** it. I'll take that win and that much deserved SO.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
No business winning the game. All this does is extends Tortorella's job. We were completely outclassed by the 7th seed team.

What does this do? Help us get a 7th/8th seed where we will meet a vastly superior team and be demolished, unless Lundqvist stands on his head. And we've seen what that does, it gets you 7 games against the Capitals and a first round exit.

It might be better for us to miss the playoffs and have some organizational changes in the off season.

Lundqvist is keeping this team in a position that have no business being in. He's hiding a lot of the flaws this team has. And as he continues to do this, little will be changed in the organization.

It's also, you know, a big win. And making the playoffs leads to more hockey...

Kershaw

This team is still bad. Hopefully changes are made in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad