Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Devils 10/19/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
For the love of God blow it up and build a modern NHL team already. Enough with trying to get by. Build a young, dominant, offensively focused team. I want a complete rebuild.

Did you hear that Joe Thornton is a free agent after this season? Can't wait!

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Puck possession. Basically more plays, more scoring. If we were as good as we were the past few years defensively, (and goal tending) this would be a great team. In theory apparently.

Surely you jest. I think the defense and goaltending will come around, but this team couldn't score into an open net. I've never seen a team weaker up front

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Normally I would completely agree, but this team has shown NOTHING. It lacks skill, it lacks identity, and a good portion of the roster is borderline NHL worthy.

This is the worst roster in recent memory.

I agree with this.

We can use injuries as an excuse all we want, but the Devils have injuries as well.

I don't see this team going anywhere right now. Their a bad hockey team.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
If we traded for anyone at this point I feel like they would suck. The problem lies inside the heart and souls of the players. They need to start wanting to win and showing it on the ice. Or else we might as well lay back and enjoy our top 3 pick.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
A top line left winger wont get you closer to a cup? :amazed:

Considering that he's a free agent after this season and that we aren't making the playoffs, no it won't get us closer to a cup this year.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The only hope I'm holding onto right now is that we are missing 3 Top Six pieces.

That's about it.

It's a huge deal. Callahan is the pulse of this team. Without him or compete level drops the levels. The sad thing is we still have guys like Staal and Girardi who should have the same mentality as Callahan.

Outside about 5 guys the rest of our forwards are either playing up a line or in some cases three while a few don't even belong in this league.

All the home currently occupied by the Pyatt's and Powe's of this organization need to be filled with actual NHL talent. Pyatt is fine on the third or fourth, but that's not how he's being utilized because of injuries.

Calling the kids up to play difficult minutes isn't the answer. Believe it out not they're not franchise saying prospects. They would compliment our top six nicely if they were ready and had competent NHL vets to play alongside.

The good news is a shutout at the hands of New Jersey likely spurs management to make a move.

Scotty Bowman couldn't win with this lineup.

Championship*

No trades. We need to keep this team together. They are a guaranteed tank. I'm only worried about Flyers and Buffalo now. They need to start winning. We need to get that top seed at the draft lottery table.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
trade hank for markstrom and a 1st

trade boyle mdz and girardi for yakupov and a 2nd

trade richards to dallas for nichuskin

trade nash to winnipeg for e kane

trade pyatt pouliot and zucc for a 2nd and 3rd

1st overall picks next 2 years

kane-stepan-yakupov
kreider-mcdavid-nichuskin
brassard-jtm-buchnevich
hagelin-lindberg-fast

mcdonagh-ekblad
staal-mcilrath
moore-allen

markstrom
skapski

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'm all but turning my back on this road trip which seems like it started 50 years ago - this team needs the MSG crowd behind them for a few games.

That's the only hope I got right now.

So until then, I won't go out to the edge.

Crowd? The MSG crowd is not what it used to be. Unless it's a big playoff game MSG is cavernous

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Surely you jest. I think the defense and goaltending will come around, but this team couldn't score into an open net. I've never seen a team weaker up front

Yeah I was excited before the season started. We got some depth. Nash, Steps, and Brass were looking Godly. We got a coach who could enforce some more offensive tactics. Hank and our D are some of the best in the league. I was pumped. So this Titanic impression is not only a shock but an infuriating one at that. And I don't mean the sinking of the ship, I mean the long and terribly boring movie that made me want to kill myself.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Nash, Callahan and Hagelin will not fix the issues.

We can all hope and wish but the problems run muuuch deeper.

This is becoming real ugly

Championship*

I'll tell you what though boys, there is NOTHING like getting blown out by a team without a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad